“Great Place-Great Location”

Metropole Apartments
Ranked #109 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

During high season it's hard to find a decent place- we found it! Lovely, accommodating staff-block & a half from the mayhem of Ocean Boulevard-clean, decently decorated 1 bedroom apt-Whole Foods not too far away-valet parking-will recommend & would return!

Stayed: December 2013
2  Thank Jtrooney75

Reviewed 9 December 2013

It was my first visit to South Beach ever and only my second time in Florida. I had a one day layover and decided to take a chance with Metropole Apartments because ( honestly) I loved the price I got through expedia and the pictures of the hotel. I honestly forgot to read the reviews of the hotel prior to this trip. I have to say I loved staying here. The staff (especially KEDI) at the Front Desk were extremely accommodating. The rooms was great and the location unbeatable. The outside lounge area was absolutely prefect. The free wifi was easy to access outside and inside my room. I would definitely recommend this hotel/apartment to anyone. My only complaints were the a/c was very loud and I could not really turn it off (even when it said it was off). The toilet plush was very weak and you really have to hold your finger on the push button ( really hard). With that being said. I will be staying here again on my next visit to South Beach definitely. Oh, I almost forgot the huge closet space in the room and the great kitchen area ( small but had everything I needed).

Room Tip: All the rooms were good because the first room I got the bed was not ready but the room was great bu...
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank Gene G
Reviewed 24 November 2013

I decided to rent a hotel on the beach to celebrate my birthday with friends. I was a little skeptical about Metropole since I haven't heard much about it except from the reviews. When I first arrived everyone was so friendly and helpful. Hanoi(sp?) greeted me and offered to help me bring my things us. The manager Andres was also very friendly and greeted me. It's the small acknowledgements that show that you are appreciated. They also placed a bottle of wine and a card for my birthday in the room. The room was very nice, spacious, and well decorated. I loved my stay here. It was great for the price. I thoroughly enjoyed my birthday with my friends in comfort! I will definitely visit again :)

-Porshia

Room Tip: Choose a courtyard room :)
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank foreverxxvi
Reviewed 19 November 2013

It is a simple place good for family trip specially the suites with two bedroom. There is the living and dining area. Kitchen as well. The management is kind and friendly. The rating would be very good if the cleaning and towels, shampoo replacement will be improved. The location on the Collins between 6th and 7th is perfect for shopping at Collins and close to the beach. Wide public parking with pedestrian access in front of the hotel.

Room Tip: Ground floor facing the hotel court has easy access. Rooms at higher level more sun light.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled on business
Reviewed 1 November 2013

Lightswitch didn't work in room. Had to unplug the lights to go to sleep. Toilet broke. TV did not have all the channels listed and I had to do a channel scan. AC broke with water leaking on the floor and it took 50 minutes for someone to come fix. Reservation was messed up. Paid for 2 bedroom suite and was given a 1 bedroom with no explanation as to what happened. Room key cards rarely worked. Overpriced, probably due to its location. NEVER AGAIN. I wrote to the Better Business Bureau about them. Terrible experience that completely ruined my vacation!

• Stayed: October 2013
5  Thank IndiaH78
Reviewed 19 October 2013

Service was bad. Couldn't find where to leave the car for valet. Room service took over an hour and the Alfredo pizza wasn't edible. We were gone all day Friday, room was picked up but no new towels were left. None of our three keys worked the second day. We COULDN'T sleep the second night because there were people down below drinking and yelling until 6 in the morning. Terrible place

• Stayed: October 2013
2  Thank bballermom87
Reviewed 14 October 2013

I stayed at Metropole and loved the experience. It's a low key operation so don't expect 'bags carried to your room' and other service overhead. But it is right where you want to be on South Beach, has spectacle rooms, the ability to prepare food in-room and friendly staff. Best rates are direct through their booking site rather than booking aggregations. Booking is only online.

There is a small pool which some reviews have complained about, but the beach is one minute from the hotel, so the pool is for kids and a quick cool-off.

I will definitely be back!

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled solo