“Excellent if there had not been a little incident”

Metropole Apartments
Ranked #105 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Mulhouse, France
“Excellent if there had not been a little incident”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Greatest place to stay in Miami Beach: Collins Avenue, between bars, shops, night clubs and restaurants but still a quiet location.
The hotel was perfect, the room was beautiful and spacious. We stayed 10 nights. The young staff was very kind and helpful. However, the manager is a shame: some shopping bags have been stolen in our room; one was full and the two others were empty.
We received no help, no compassion and no compensation. The manager was very unpleasant. Not even a parking place for one night on the hotel's parking (which was free for guests like us) has been left us for our scooter.
It is a shame, because we loved this hotel but were disappointed by this incident.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Hebrew first
Reviewed 4 February 2014

I stayed here on my trip to Miami Beach. The location is decent. It is right in the middle of Sobe and just a few blocks away from the beach. The rooms are nice; however, very dark. The furniture is dark, the curtains are dark...everything is decorated in black. Also, don't count on having a view. It is not a tall building, so your view will be a brick wall like mine was. I will say that it did have a small kitchenette and living room. If you are on a budget, with a family, or if you are sharing a room with a couple of people, then this place would be alright. If you want a room with a view, nice decor, then you should stay somewhere else. Also, it does not have a pool that can hold more than three people or spa or gym, but for some reason they charge a resort fee.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
1 Thank Jmallory1
Dupont, WA
Reviewed 21 January 2014

My wife and I booked this hotel on a last minute website for a good price. We picked this place kind of at random. The lobby was nothing spectacular but room was way nicer than we expected. There was a separate living room/dining room, a full sized kitchen and a huge closet. It had lots of nice little touches too, including a great sound system, dimmer light switches, two TVs, and a free shuttle to the airport. The people there were friendly and helpful and the location is great, too!

1 Thank raincityken
Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I saw the hotel on Kayak. It was rated 4 Star. It looked good on line. When I got there I found out it was a hotel / apartments. I was given a room on the second floor. The room was extremely dark. There was little lighting and the lighting that was there had the bulbs burned out. The room had a drape with a very small window. The shower drained was plugged and filled up with water. Their was mold all over the base of the shower. The handle for the sink was broken off. When I complained, the front desk sent up a repair man that tracked the plugged up shower water all over the room. It was a total mess.

When I complained, the front desk said they would not allow me to move rooms because they were sold out. I asked if I could cancel they said "no refunds." I called Kayak and found out there was nothing I could do. Kayak/ Expedia called the Metropole. After two hours and repeated calls to Kayak/ Expedia, they hotel moved me to another room. The room was better. The hotel staff made no effort to make up for the experience. We spent the first night of our vacation dealing with a terrible hotel experience. Check out was an issue due to untrained staff. Buyer beware with Metropole. We would not return.

Room Tip: Rooms were noisy due to the business of Collins Ave. Ask for an interior room.
6 Thank Dave G
Baltimore, Maryland
Reviewed 9 January 2014

I can’t believe I haven’t review my stay before this….I visited in September 2013 and had a wonderful stay….After reading mixed reviews my sister and I decided to take a chance on Metropole Suites….And I’m Sure Glad We Did….First The Room Was beautiful and was truly a 2 bedroom suite….With two women for four days we never felt like we were in each other’s way….We both had our own space; which was wonderful….The kitchen area was a nice touch, for those times we didn't want restaurant food for every meal or wanted to heat up left-overs….Just one block from the beach and Ocean Drive….We were close to the action; but far enough away to have a quiet nights rest…..Wal-Greens is just a block away; for those items you might need….Shopping is all directions….Steve Madden, M.A.C. & Sephora; all in walking distance….I Was In Heaven….There were a few small issues, that were taken care, as soon as we brought it to the front desk attention….Overall this was a great stay and would most definitely stay again….

Room Tip: Courtyard Rooms Are The Best For Enjoying The Courtyard Area....
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank DiorNicole
Reviewed 29 December 2013 via mobile

During high season it's hard to find a decent place- we found it! Lovely, accommodating staff-block & a half from the mayhem of Ocean Boulevard-clean, decently decorated 1 bedroom apt-Whole Foods not too far away-valet parking-will recommend & would return!

Stayed December 2013
2 Thank Jtrooney75
Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 9 December 2013

It was my first visit to South Beach ever and only my second time in Florida. I had a one day layover and decided to take a chance with Metropole Apartments because ( honestly) I loved the price I got through expedia and the pictures of the hotel. I honestly forgot to read the reviews of the hotel prior to this trip. I have to say I loved staying here. The staff (especially KEDI) at the Front Desk were extremely accommodating. The rooms was great and the location unbeatable. The outside lounge area was absolutely prefect. The free wifi was easy to access outside and inside my room. I would definitely recommend this hotel/apartment to anyone. My only complaints were the a/c was very loud and I could not really turn it off (even when it said it was off). The toilet plush was very weak and you really have to hold your finger on the push button ( really hard). With that being said. I will be staying here again on my next visit to South Beach definitely. Oh, I almost forgot the huge closet space in the room and the great kitchen area ( small but had everything I needed).

Room Tip: All the rooms were good because the first room I got the bed was not ready but the room was great bu...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled solo