We were a group of 5 staying in one of the 2 bedroom suites (Room 415) and while the room itself was nice, there are definitely areas of improvement the management should address.
From looking at the hotel from the street, you would never know it existed. The outdoor sitting and 'relaxation pool' was often overrun by the people staying on the first floor and would play their loud music and make it really uncomfortable for anyone else to sit there and enjoy it with them. Management should have put an end to that from the first day since it is supposed to be an area for the entire hotel.
Once in the suite, the air conditioner return was right above the door so you were bound to get hit with water coming and going from the room. There was also obvious water damage to the floor so this has been going on for quite some time (maybe years). The second bedroom that had the bathroom was very cramp - it would have made more sense to have the bathroom door off of the main common living room than from a bedroom - or maybe add another bathroom off of the master since the closet was enormous with tons of wasted space? Either way, it was a weird set up so if you are staying with a group of people do not expect to have much privacy - not only before of the bathroom but because the bedroom door did not shut all the way or lock!
Aside from that, it was a convenient hotel and close to everything. The staff was friendly and it helped to have a full kitchen at our disposal in our room. I'd probably use this place as a last resort for any future visits as other hotels offered many more amenities (actual swimming pool, bars, restaurant, etc) that we would have enjoyed to use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Metropole Hotel South Beach offers understated elegance and unparalleled service in an intimate, friendly, home-away from home atmosphere. While located in the heart of South Beach, The Metropole's inviting yet private courtyard setting and chic 1 and 2 bedroom suites manage to provide a decidedly residential feel ideal for those seeking calm, in the midst of the action. Production friendly rates available. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., Evoline ltd, Ebookers, Cancelon, HotelsClick, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Metropole Apartments reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Metropole Apartments Miami Beach, Florida
- Metropole Apartments Hotel Miami Beach