“Great Location/ Loved IT”

Metropole Apartments
Ranked #95 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Houston, Texas
“Great Location/ Loved IT”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 July 2014

My stay at Metropole Apartment Suites was great. I had two room at the hotel. I stayed from July 14-17, 2014. I only had three problems during my stay. The first problem was the fire alarm went off at 2am and around 8am. The second problem was walking to and from the shuttle stop to the hotel with luggage. Walking a block with luggage was not an easy task with a small child. The third problem was the shuttle bus for the hotel did not run as scheduled at the times we needed it. My friend scheduled a trip from the hotel to the airport for 10am. She was left outside at the shuttle stop in the heat for an hour in a half and the shuttle bus for the hotel never showed up. The hotel paid for her a cab to the airport. I scheduled a 1 o’clock trip from the hotel to the airport and wasn’t able to get on the hotel shuttle bus because the driver wasn’t sure how long it would take to arrive at the airport. They were not running every hour. I was stuck paying for a cab myself. The hotel did not accommodate me on the cab fare.

Other than that the staff was friendly and made our stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms were cleaned daily, I loved that. The only thing I didn’t like about the hotel was there was no pool, only a splash pond. If there was a pool at the hotel we would have been in heaven. I will be staying at Metropole on my next visit to South Beach.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hello there Iya C,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us, regarding your recent stay. The fire alarm did go off, and we are terribly sorry for that. The fire alarm company came out and resolved this issue right away. Due to construction on Collins Ave, we are restricted to load/unload guests directly in front of the hotel. Sometimes there are accidents or unexpected traffic jams. We do the best that we can to work around this, so we can pick up and drop off on time. We look forward in having you stay with us again, on your next visit to Miami!

Katrine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Hebrew first
Washington DC, District of Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my yep best friends just ended our 4 day stay here at the Metropole hotel/apartments. We truly enjoyed our stay. The service was A plus! The room was very clean. We had no issues and I loveeeee Kedi the Assistant general manager!!! She truly looked out for us and I appreciate her so much!!! We stayed in a one bedroom suite room 412. The ambiance of the suites is absolutely amazing. If I could give this place 10 starts I would. Even though there was 3 of us we all slept comfortable on the king sized bed. Great experience!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank BahamianCapricorn
Good Day BahamianCapricorn,

There is nothing that we love to read more then lovely 5 star feedback! We are delighted to read that you had such a lovely time here with us! All of our team works hard to make sure that each and every guest is having a splendid time! I will make sure that Kedi is aware of your kind praise! We look forward in hosting another stay of yours! :)

Stavanger, Norway
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 July 2014

Flooding in our bathroom. Then flooding in our wardrobe. Only cold water in the shower. Had to move room.

Had booked a room for 3 persons (one being our child), but our room only had a double bed. The 3 of us ended up sleeping in the same bed.

Appreciated the free Wifi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello there Totravelistolive5,

We value the time you took to share your feedback with our future guests. We apologize that your time spent here was not 5 stars! All of our bathrooms have one glass in the shower, instead of a curtain. When you were taking a shower the water splashed outside the shower. This caused it to have gone through the tiles, and into the closet. We have had no issues with our water heaters. The problem that you experienced with the water heater was because you were not regulating the water correctly. In our system it shows that you booked a room with 2 queen sized beds. The room has an additional sofa bed in the living area.

Cokato, Minnesota
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This hotel was one of the best hotels I have ever stayed at! Everyone was so friendly and polite, will defiantly be returning for another stay! I do have one question, I checked out of this hotel a week ago and was told I would receive my hotel deposit in 48 hours but its been a week now and I haven't been returned any of my money yet, but i was charged for a candy bar that we had taken from the mini bar! Is there someone i could email or talk to about this?
- Johanna

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Good Afternoon Johanna A,

There is absolutely nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! Our staff all work hard to make sure that our guests are having a splendid time, and that they would come back! I apologize that you were given incorrect information about when the deposit would be released. As soon as you check out from the hotel, we release the $100 hold. It can take anywhere from 7-10 business for the hold to be released from your bank onto your card. We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 June 2014

i stay in this hotel a few days ago i just love it elizabeth the front desk she did so good i really like her she was really profesional and the rooms are just amazing i will be back and also its close to the night club

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Hello roberto r,

There is nothing that we love to read more then lovely 5 star feedback! We are glad that your time spent with us was such a great one! Elizabeth is absolutely amazing and all of our guests seem to think so as well! I will make sure to share your feedback with her. We hope to have you stay with us again in the future!

Los Angeles, Chile
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2014

I am not a reviewer but had to do it for this one.

the pros: are location basically at the beach great shopping and clubs real close too and I did kinda like the patio. but its definitely not THAT great its just...quint.

The staff was generally nice. They seemed a little stressed but its summer i give them the benefit of the doubt it had its busy moments.

Stayed in the 1 room apt not huge but meh big enough. Main bed was really nice and had things a 4 star hotel would have; shampoo, flat screens etc. but the showers have no door so water gets everywhere so you may need towels a lot..later down below.

anyway...

the CONS:

Staff unreasonably slow and not the brightest like 5th call finally got some towels the next day and answers to questions.

Our first room we got into was still getting cleaned when we arrived and it was ohh past 5 and check in was 330...k not a big deal

slept on that so called sofa bed: be warned you will fell ALL the springs...and then some.

woke up the next day concentrated bites ALL OVER ME. Told the manager and he said and i quote "those are probably mosquito bites. We couldn't find any bed bugs". Switched the mattress anyway and was asked "why it was I who got the bites?" well sir I was the only one who slept on that pull out spring sheet.

Next i walk into the next room (because we switched) and lo and behold (and I kid you not) there's a waterfall coming from some water regulator device on our luggage and clothes IN THE CLOSET. Switched to another room okay fine but no compensation, NOW IM UPSET. They never brought it up again and acted like it never happened.

here is some insider stuff for all of u from an employee I spoke with. They stated If something bad happens the manager rarely refunds anything at all and you will have a slim to NO chance for compensation. Be warned you probably wont get a dime back even if u threaten to sue they most likely don't care.

overall:

Experience a fat F

Location a solid A+.

balanced to a 2 star.

good luck because my standards are pretty low and I was thoroughly disappointed. I mean I wish I could have gotten compensated for that waterfall. That was at least not a theoretical debate of it existing or not.

oh yea and good luck finding the shuttle the driver literally shook his head and said no when i asked him metropole? and its unmarked.

Room Tip: Ask for a newer mattress if your going to use the sofa bed. and a lower floor. 1 elevator.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank Chase M
SBG_GuestRelations, Director of Sales at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, 27 June 2014
Good Afternoon Chase M,

Thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback, regarding your recent experience. We are located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks from all the action. Our staff do the best that they can to make sure that each and every guest is having a great time. We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are smaller then your average hotel room. I am sure you can understand that a pull out is never very comfortable sleep on as adult, but typically is used when guests have children. Here at Metropole we can guarantee that we do not have bed bugs. Bed bug bites appear on the skin after several days of actually getting bit. Our manager Andres went to the room to see the bugs. He was not able to find one bug. We moved you to a new room (309). That room has never had an issue of any kind. After the first day there was a leak that was coming from the water heater. We went to the room and we asked if you wanted us to relocate you room. You had stepped out of the room and said you would come back late in the evening. We went ahead and moved you to another room, just to make sure there were no more inconveniences in your stay. We are terribly sorry that your time spent with us was not a 5 star one!

Beirut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 June 2014

Great place for the real south beach experience, strategic location and the cherry on top of the cake is the friendly staff especially Ifeoma and elizabeth who kept their smile all way long! Very interesting destination tailored perfectly at Metropole

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Lyn250
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, 19 June 2014
Good Day Lyn250,

We are happy to read your 5 star feedback! Thank you for sharing it with us, and all of our future guests! We are in a very prime spot here in South Beach. Our staff all work hard to make sure that everyone is having a great time! I will share your kind praise with the mentioned staff. Please come back soon!