“I like this place”

Brazil
“I like this place”
Reviewed 11 August 2014 via mobile

Close to the beach
Kind people on their staff
Nice location
Amazing apartments
Also they have this pool and they keep playing good music all the time

Sure the price is not what i wanted, but considering we are in south beach I can say thats OKAY.

Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (109)
  • Hebrew first
Surrey, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 August 2014

We booked a 1 bed apartment for a week with a 50% off deal. The apartment was well equipped with most things you would need although we had to ask for a few kitchen items that were missing. The location of the beach is so close it is ideal for visiting nearby restaurants and shopping. The swimming pool is only a plunge pool, too small to use which was a shame, it also didn't look too clean. The apartments were cleaned everyday and to a good standard. The bathroom was a small ensuite with no bath just a shower but it suited us fine. The living room and kitchen were great as we like to cook our own food and watch the massive TV in the evening! The air conditioning was amazing and worked all the time it was essential during our stay in August! I would recommend this place for the location and would definitely stay again for the 50% off deal as it was good value.

Room Tip: Ask for a room facing the back of the building as the road at the front is very busy
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, 12 August 2014
Hello there Mussells!! Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us, and all of our future guests! I am stoked to hear that you were able to get a 50% discount off of your stay! :) We are located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks from all the hottest spots. Our pool is a splash pool not a full swimming pool. It's for those really hot summer days. Jump in get cooled off and out and on your way again. Please come and stay with us again soon!

Silver spring
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I will give this hotel it's credit that it's beautiful. It looks 100x better on the inside than it does on the outside. It's awesome on the inside.

Cons:
-pool is the size of a sauna and is about 2 feet deep
-service is slow and doesn't seem to care. They also talk about you in Spanish (I'm fluent even though I don't look the part)
-staff doesn't know a thing about customer service (no greetings, nada)
-no house cleaning whatsoever

Anyways.. Don't stay here. I found a cheap price on expedia and decided to give it a chance. But, it's not worth it. Please do not do it.

MUST READ:Do not use SBJ valet parking that is offered on Ocean Drive. They charge you $30 a night while the hotel charges $32. SBJ workers are very unprofessional, move your car w/o telling you & they scratched our car. When we confronted them about it, they did nothing to help us & told us that it's because of the paint of our car. They speak in Spanish about you, but I am fluent in Spanish even though I don't look the part

• Stayed August 2014
Good Evening Dontstayatmetropole,

We value all of our guests feedback and thank you for sharing yours with us! Our pool is a splash pool, not a full sized swimming pool. It clearly states this on our site as well. We strive to provide outstanding service, so it pains us to read that is not what you were given! I will share this with the General Manager, so that he is aware. We advise guests not the bring their vehicles if possible. Parking has always been a hassle here on South Beach. For those who do decide to bring their vehicles we offer valet parking. We charge a $32 fee for parking per night, with as many in's and out's as you'd like.

New Orleans, Louisiana
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Upon arrival, there was no one at the front desk. I waited for 20-25 minutes for the person on duty to return. A young lady appeared and stated that she was assisting someone else, and apologized. This was fine, as things do happen.

I was asked for my credit card and identification upon check in which I provided.

Once given the key to my room, I entered the room ready to relax for the evening. As I began to look around, I was startled by the amount of roaches I found inside of the room crawling around. I understand it's Miami, and that bugs live near water. However this was not a random roach that perhaps had flown into the room. There were several roaches inside of the room.

I called down to the front desk, I received no answer. I immediately removed myself and my luggage from the room. I went back down to the front desk. The original young lady who was on duty was now gone, and a young man was on duty. He apologized for not being able to answer the phone when I called down from the room. He stated the young lady who'd checked me in was now gone for the evening.

I asked him to please come up to the room as I'd found several roaches crawling throughout. He expressed that he could not leave the front desk as he was the only person on duty. I asked if I could be moved to a different room, and he let me know that there weren't any additional rooms. He looked at the time of my check in. I was not in the room for more than 10 minutes. He said there was nothing he could do.

At this point I requested requested to have the copy of my credit card returned to me, as I was not going to stay at this hotel. I paid a non refundable deposit at booking, so I did let him know that I had not expected that back.

The desk agent informed me that he was not allowed to give me a refund, and that my card had been charged in full for the stay in advance. This was not stated to me upon check in. I've never pre-paid for a room in it's entirety in advance at a hotel upon physical check-in. I was told an imprint of my card was needed for the room, and a hold would be put on my card for incidentals only. Miami is filled with boutique hotels, that do not require full payment at the time of check in this was a first time experience for me. I am in the city of Miami 2-3 times per quarter each year, and again this was a first.

He called a manager by the name of Andreas. Andreas refused to speak with me over the phone, and said that he would not give me a refund. If I did not stay in that room, it did not matter that I would still be charged.

To add insult to injury, the gentleman at the front desk suggested I find another hotel in the area, as there was nothing he could do and there were others waiting in the lobby that he had to attend to. It was a horrible feeling to have someone tell you they will not help you (or at least come to the room to check out my findings), but he suggests I call other hotels in the area and pay additional monies. Again, I've never had such a horrible experience. I left the hotel in tears as I could not believe the treatment that I received as a first time guest at this hotel.

I was treated horribly, unjustly, and was refused attention to a matter that was important to me as a guest. In addition to the non-refundable deposit, room charges for 3 nights that I did not stay at their hotel; I was also charged $100.00 for incidentals and was told by the manager that I would not receive a refund on that as well.

What type of property treats guests so poorly? This hotel came highly recommended by a chef in the area. I've never had an experience like the one at Metropole Suites. I spent close to 1.5 hours in your hotel lobby trying to get assistance or another room at best.

The next morning, I returned to the hotel to speak with a manager who may be able to assist me with a resolution. Again I was told there was nothing that anyone could do and there was no one available that would help me.

In all, I was charged over $1000.00 for a hotel room that I never stayed in.

Katrine Beltran the guest relations manager emailed me to ask me about my stay. This further proves that this hotel communicated poorly as I never stayed at the hotel.

I responded to the email with the above information, to no avail (and still no refund).

Room Tip: "The one I received was full of crawling roaches, and I was not allowed another room option&quo...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
6 Thank Nikki R
Houston, Texas
Reviewed 22 July 2014

My stay at Metropole Apartment Suites was great. I had two room at the hotel. I stayed from July 14-17, 2014. I only had three problems during my stay. The first problem was the fire alarm went off at 2am and around 8am. The second problem was walking to and from the shuttle stop to the hotel with luggage. Walking a block with luggage was not an easy task with a small child. The third problem was the shuttle bus for the hotel did not run as scheduled at the times we needed it. My friend scheduled a trip from the hotel to the airport for 10am. She was left outside at the shuttle stop in the heat for an hour in a half and the shuttle bus for the hotel never showed up. The hotel paid for her a cab to the airport. I scheduled a 1 o’clock trip from the hotel to the airport and wasn’t able to get on the hotel shuttle bus because the driver wasn’t sure how long it would take to arrive at the airport. They were not running every hour. I was stuck paying for a cab myself. The hotel did not accommodate me on the cab fare.

Other than that the staff was friendly and made our stay as comfortable as possible. The rooms were cleaned daily, I loved that. The only thing I didn’t like about the hotel was there was no pool, only a splash pond. If there was a pool at the hotel we would have been in heaven. I will be staying at Metropole on my next visit to South Beach.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Metropole Apartments, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Hello there Iya C,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us, regarding your recent stay. The fire alarm did go off, and we are terribly sorry for that. The fire alarm company came out and resolved this issue right away. Due to construction on Collins Ave, we are restricted to load/unload guests directly in front of the hotel. Sometimes there are accidents or unexpected traffic jams. We do the best that we can to work around this, so we can pick up and drop off on time. We look forward in having you stay with us again, on your next visit to Miami!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

Me and my yep best friends just ended our 4 day stay here at the Metropole hotel/apartments. We truly enjoyed our stay. The service was A plus! The room was very clean. We had no issues and I loveeeee Kedi the Assistant general manager!!! She truly looked out for us and I appreciate her so much!!! We stayed in a one bedroom suite room 412. The ambiance of the suites is absolutely amazing. If I could give this place 10 starts I would. Even though there was 3 of us we all slept comfortable on the king sized bed. Great experience!

• Stayed July 2014
2 Thank BahamianCapricorn
Good Day BahamianCapricorn,

There is nothing that we love to read more then lovely 5 star feedback! We are delighted to read that you had such a lovely time here with us! All of our team works hard to make sure that each and every guest is having a splendid time! I will make sure that Kedi is aware of your kind praise! We look forward in hosting another stay of yours! :)

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed 17 July 2014

Flooding in our bathroom. Then flooding in our wardrobe. Only cold water in the shower. Had to move room.

Had booked a room for 3 persons (one being our child), but our room only had a double bed. The 3 of us ended up sleeping in the same bed.

Appreciated the free Wifi.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
Hello there Totravelistolive5,

We value the time you took to share your feedback with our future guests. We apologize that your time spent here was not 5 stars! All of our bathrooms have one glass in the shower, instead of a curtain. When you were taking a shower the water splashed outside the shower. This caused it to have gone through the tiles, and into the closet. We have had no issues with our water heaters. The problem that you experienced with the water heater was because you were not regulating the water correctly. In our system it shows that you booked a room with 2 queen sized beds. The room has an additional sofa bed in the living area.