I actually redeemed points plus paid money for this visit back in February (platinum member). We came down a day early for a cruise and I booked 2 rooms; 1 for my wife and I and 1 room for our friends accompanying us on the cruise. The rooms weren't ready when we arrived, but we were a bit early. They held our bags via the valet, but it took a while waiting to get them again upon check-in. Our room was okay, but noisy with kids running up and down the halls and clogging the elevators (both), requiring waiting for the next, and next, and next elevator. We wound up walking the stairs most of the time 9 flights. Our friends room turned out to be a handicap accessible room (no big deal), but after waiting and hoofing it up 9 floors they couldn't even get into the room. It took 4 separate trips to the front desk and maintenance involved 3 times to get them in the room. They had no hot water for the entire trip and there were ants all over the shower. Unfortunately, the hotel was fully booked so they were stuck with the room. Multiple trips to the desk and complaining about the problems and it was never resolved. I complained to the front desk manager that I had used points AND spent money for these rooms and we just got empty promises in return. They did comp us a free buffet (which costs them next to nothing since we're all healthy and eat very little). The branch manager was supposed to contact me but never did (of course). A follow up and I still didn't get any points or fees credited back.
The hotel itself could use some updating, but the staff seemed responsive and friendly overall. The grounds were well kept and conveniently located on the beach and boardwalk. We did rent bikes at a corner kiosk and rode down to South Beach and back (we're all bikers so the 15 miles round-trip was no problem). There was/is a lot of construction along the boardwalk for hotel renovations, etc. so there are detours, but the beach and views were terrific. It's a good walk or ride to get to some restaurants around here if you don't plan to eat at the hotel, like we chose.
Would I stay here again? Maybe. But only if other rooms are guaranteed available if the one I get has issues. I strongly suggesting testing all of the amenities in your room BEFORE unpacking. Keep in mind that in the winter all of the hotels in and around this area are $200+ a night. I chose this hotel because of convenience and lots of points to use.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Miami Beach hotel has a premium oceanfront location! Welcome to the tropically inspired Holiday Inn Miami Beach - Oceanfront, where our 1950's Miami Modern exterior blends seamlessly with vibrant contemporary South Beach style to wrap you in modern comfort. Eleven miles east of Miami International Airport, our Miami Beach hotel is located where I-195 meets A1A at the Atlantic Ocean.Our hotel in Miami Beach offers you an unparalleled location, with the Atlantic Ocean's sandy beaches as our backyard. Follow the South Beach Boardwalk into the Art Deco world of South Beach for shopping, dining or the vibrant nightclubs. Take a moonlit stroll on the beach by night and play in the surf by day, or simply relax by our large pool overlooking the beach and our lush, tropical garden with its hammock oasis; it's a great way to spend a sunny afternoon. Families will find it easy to get to Miami's museums and attractions, as many are within 15 miles of our hotel.Business guests appreciate the close proximity of our hotel to the Miami Beach Convention Center, two miles away. Our Miami Beach accommodations are within 10 miles of Sony, Mt. Sinai Hospital and the University of Miami. The free wireless Internet access will help you stay in touch while you travel.Our non-smoking hotel is perfect for a Miami Beach trip. You can enjoy a delicious meal at our Paradise Cafe, dine in your room, or have a yummy Mojito at our Blue Parrot Bar. We have it all. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Odigeo, Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), IHG, Hotels.com, Expedia, Ebookers, Priceline, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Holiday Inn Miami Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Holiday Inn Miami Beach Hotel Miami Beach
- Miami Beach Holiday Inn
- Holiday Inn Miami Beach Florida