“This hotel made my vacation a great one.”

Holiday Inn Miami Beach
Ranked #102 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location. Great pool. Great family spot. Great breakfast. I stayed here on points and it was so worth it. You're right on the he beach, and not the annoying, crowded South Beach down the he road. Take a short walk to the Latin Cafe across the bridge for lunch, whether you're on a budget or not. That was actually a recommendation from the concierge (great pick). I also informed them we were feeling adventurous, but still on a budget. We didn't want to do the regular jet skies and whatever else you normally do on a beach but something different. They set us up with an Everglades tour and that was by far my favorite experience there. I think I paid a hundred dollars for round trip transportation, an air boat tour, a crocodile hunter like show and I held an alligator. If you're going there as a couple, put on a pair of of flip flops, and a tank top, buy a six pack of coronas while you're there and just enjoy flying around the Everglades in the airboat. I would upload pictures if I knew how.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael S
Write a ReviewReviews (2,054)

Reviewed 13 June 2014

I'm sorry but I really can't give this Hotel more than 2 stars, it screams its desperate need for renovations. I stayed here for 5 nights end of May/early June. When we arrived at around 6:30 PM I was told one of the 2 rooms wasn't ready yet (at 6:30 PM??) but that they could give me another one on a different floor from the other room, which was fine by me so we checked in. The room at first appears nice; it's actually spacious, 2 double beds (very comfortable), a small safe, ironing board, big TV screen , a study desk. My room had a bit of an ocean view from the side of the building, which was nice but the window was dirty and you could not open it in any way.When I took a closer look I realised there was quite a bit of dust in the room,overall it just didn't look that clean. The bathroom though was the worst part..Stains on the floor that I assume don't come off as they were always there, the water doesn't drain properly from the sink, the bath/shower and even the toilet, it's disgusting. The bath plug sometimes didn't even stay up causing the water to build up, the towel hangers in the bath/shower were dirty, had water stains on it, towels themselves didn't smell too nicely when they were changed..Also in the room there was a communicating door to the room next to me and at night I could hear people talk very clearly!! Unlucky for me there was a family with a very loud and excited child who would scream at about 11pm while I was trying to get my already jetlagged sleep to be operative for work the following day, I am not exaggerating when I say it was like having them in my room, only because they were speaking a foreign language I couldn't understand what they were saying..I had to use earplugs or else wait for them to go to bed and shut up to be able to sleep..In between the wall and the main entrance door to my room there was a bit of a space through which the corridor light came through, very annoying!! Breakfast was good though, the staff at the dining room was much nicer than some of the people at reception who never smiled. The pool and the garden are pretty, but nothing special. The hotel has direct access to the beach which is a plus, but for a business trip it's a terrible option. I personally wouldn't go back for any kind of trip whether for holiday or business, as I think $200 a night for these premises and service is a rip off!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear DebbyOz ,

Ben J

Reviewed 8 June 2014

First off I called at 5 oclock in the evening for towels noone showed I called at 8pm no one showed I called at 10 no one showed I called that morning at 9 they finally brought 2 towels bc I sounded aggravated and we had 4 in our room smh. I went to laundry room to wash and the ddryer was broke and beyond that we stayed 1 day I booked 2 rooms both together not totaling $400 it was $171 a room. I checked my account the next day and I had a hold for $940 called the manager she said that wasnt possible she argued with me that what I was seeing and what the bank agent was saying was a lie. Worst experience ever took them a whole week to fix it. Im a ihg member stayed at several holiday inns and this was horrible never again.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank brandyjazmoneportis
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear brandyjazmoneportis,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for being a member of our IHG Rewards Club program. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the level of service you have received. Rest assured that this has been taken into serious account and I would like to follow up on your experience. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R

Reviewed 7 June 2014 via mobile

Stayed here using the hotel as a base from which to watch the two England football friendlies at Miami Sunlife Stadium. The hotel, environment wise, just about makes it. It is a typical 70's built hotel in keeping with surrounding facilities (save the Fontainebleau which carries a premium price). The rooms are a bit tired but that would be my only slight negative. The staff, without exception, is of the highest quality. Clearly good management and training. Nothing too much trouble, always smiling and Dan, one of the bar staff, is particularly helpful, friendly and informative. The breakfast buffet is also of a high quality. The pool is on the small side down to age and hence design of the facility. Great access to Miami beach and its boardwalk. If younger customers are looking for a buzzy nightlife, this isn't where it's at. They should stay a few miles down the road at South Beach. That said, South Beach is only a ten dollar taxi ride away and no doubt accessible by bus. All in all, a pleasing five nights.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 6 June 2014

We stayed at this hotel before and after our cruise in October 2013. It was exceptionally clean and the grounds were well kept. The pool area is very nice and has a bar/food area off to the side to enjoy where you can sit and enjoy food and drinks with music. The beach is steps away and there is a nice path that goes along the entire beach. We walked all the way down to South Beach with occasional stops to swim in the ocean. It was fun to see all the hotels and sights of South Beach. This hotel is north of south beach and in a lot more kid friendly area.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank azparkerfamily
Reviewed 4 June 2014

The Miami beach area is very beautiful with a lot of art deco buildings showing the high time of Miami beach from many years ago. We booked this hotel many months in advance of our cruise from Miami in April 2014.

The hotel is located right off the beach with the famous boardwalk separating the hotel from the beach. Check in went well and because we arrived earlier than the room was ready offered baggage storage off the main desk area.

The grounds are well kept and they have a bar off of the pool however wasn't open when we were there. The pool area was nice and the area was very clean.The hotel itself is average and is showing age. The rooms were clean and ok although smelled a bit musty.

They offer a morning buffet breakfast for $15 which was a good value and was very good.

Given the cost of a better hotel we did ok by booking this place as others close by are hundreds more per night so you have to put a price on your overall taste and what your expectations are.

I would stay here again for the same purpose of a pre cruise mini vacation.

We loved the beach and the fact you can pretty much use the city bus to get around everywhere without issue.

We booked a limo from the hotel to Miami pier which cost $35 which wasn't bad. our driver gave us a bit of a tour of the downtown Miami area as well which was nice.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Sierra68
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 21 June 2014

Dear Sierra68,

We appreciate you taking the time to write us a review. You have covered most aspects of your stay and we are very pleased to read about your overall enjoyment. We are glad that you liked the cleanliness of our hotel and the convenience of our location to the city’s main attractions. Thank you for your compliments about our breakfast buffet having good value and the pool area being nice. We take the confidence our valued guests place in us very seriously and we certainly welcome any opportunity to improve. Thank you for staying with us. We look forward to serving you again on your next visit to Miami.

Kind Regards,

Tracy V.

Reviewed 4 June 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights with husband and 8 year old daughter. Room was spacious and we were kindly upgraded FOC to an ocean view as it was my husband's 40th birthday (thank you!). Room was cleaned everyday, fresh towels provided.

Pool area was nice, at times busy, but in the main we were able to find sun chairs or loungers. You can use the pool of the hotel next door but we didn't go there. We did try their hot tub though, which was devine!

Boardwalk and beach within seconds of stepping outside of the hotel.

Not much in the way of shops etc around the hotel though we found the buses ran frequently to various different locations and we hopped on the bus to one of the malls and also further up into Miami one evening for dinner.

If you want a quick snack there is a Subway in one of the hotels a couple of minutes walk along from the hotel. The staff there were lovely and always welcoming.

We at one evening meal and breakfast a couple of mornings at the hotel and it was fine, though did think it was pricey. It was convenient though.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family