“Great Stay”

Holiday Inn Miami Beach
Ranked #103 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Hotel is very accommodating, booked hotel on the last minute and upon calling front desk I did ask if an early check in was available as I do know that hotel properties cannot guarantee these requests but the front desk reps were more than happy to do an early check in with options of partial oceanfront view or city view, everyone at the front desk expressed professionalism and attentiveness to each and every guest from the front desk to the dining staff to housekeeping to valet parking. Location of course is right on the beach which is an added plus, overall my stay was great and do plan on making this my spot whenever I do come to the Miami Beach area, thank you!!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank J G
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Miami Beach

Reviewed 26 June 2014

I stayed at this hotel for two nights in early June, on vacation. I booked with a points+cash IHG rate.

The location was great, if you're looking for something a bit quieter in the evenings. You're not too far from the crazier section of South Beach either, if you wanted to party in the evenings.

The staff at the hotel were great, from the front desk to the folks at the restaurant and the bar in the lobby. Super friendly.

The room was a weird layout with the sink and bathroom countertop immediately next to the front door and the toilet/shower in a separate room. The rest of the room was fine and your typical renovated-ish Holiday Inn experience.
The hallways were a bit drab but I only walked through them so I didn't care.

The location was great, right on the beach. The hotel does not include beach chairs (only towels) so you can rent chairs/umbrellas on the beach. I got mine for $15/day.
The pool is nice though and wasn't too busy during my stay. There were lots of chairs around for those that wanted.

Overall, I was quite pleased with my stay on points+cash. I might have a hard time coming back here paying a full rack rate, but if you get a good deal it's a great choice!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank natchee
Reviewed 26 June 2014

after an unexpected problem with travel plans, my family and i were able to get accommodations for 2 rooms without reservations. the staff was absolutely friendly. we ate in the hotel restaurant managed by hugo, and we kept asking for the same server kaira. they were above and beyond great at making our experience happy. when we had shared our misfortune, we were offered a complimentary breakfast buffet. at one point, our wonderful server refused to accept a tip because she said she was doing her job, and she wanted to make us happy. i would have no doubts staying at this fine hotel again.

Room Tip: ask for a more spacious room, one room was slightly bigger than the other.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 22 June 2014 via mobile

The Hotel was good, pool was nice and the room clean. My only complaint is that the bed are too small two double bed. The rooms is big enough for two queen beds. This is the only reason I did not give this Hotel a 4-5 star.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with family
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 8 July 2014

Dear cmcaceres,

Thank you for taking the time to relay your comments regarding our property during your recent stay. I am glad that you found our hotel highly commendable. It is always motivating on our end to receive positive feedback from our valued guests like you.

On the other hand, I understand your stay was not 100% satisfactory, please accept my sincerest apologies for any inconvenience the bed type may have caused you. We appreciate your feedback as this is our best resource for improving guest services.

Again, thank you and we hope to have an opportunity to serve you again.

Best Regards,

John O

Reviewed 17 June 2014

Great location. Great pool. Great family spot. Great breakfast. I stayed here on points and it was so worth it. You're right on the he beach, and not the annoying, crowded South Beach down the he road. Take a short walk to the Latin Cafe across the bridge for lunch, whether you're on a budget or not. That was actually a recommendation from the concierge (great pick). I also informed them we were feeling adventurous, but still on a budget. We didn't want to do the regular jet skies and whatever else you normally do on a beach but something different. They set us up with an Everglades tour and that was by far my favorite experience there. I think I paid a hundred dollars for round trip transportation, an air boat tour, a crocodile hunter like show and I held an alligator. If you're going there as a couple, put on a pair of of flip flops, and a tank top, buy a six pack of coronas while you're there and just enjoy flying around the Everglades in the airboat. I would upload pictures if I knew how.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Michael S
Reviewed 13 June 2014

I'm sorry but I really can't give this Hotel more than 2 stars, it screams its desperate need for renovations. I stayed here for 5 nights end of May/early June. When we arrived at around 6:30 PM I was told one of the 2 rooms wasn't ready yet (at 6:30 PM??) but that they could give me another one on a different floor from the other room, which was fine by me so we checked in. The room at first appears nice; it's actually spacious, 2 double beds (very comfortable), a small safe, ironing board, big TV screen , a study desk. My room had a bit of an ocean view from the side of the building, which was nice but the window was dirty and you could not open it in any way.When I took a closer look I realised there was quite a bit of dust in the room,overall it just didn't look that clean. The bathroom though was the worst part..Stains on the floor that I assume don't come off as they were always there, the water doesn't drain properly from the sink, the bath/shower and even the toilet, it's disgusting. The bath plug sometimes didn't even stay up causing the water to build up, the towel hangers in the bath/shower were dirty, had water stains on it, towels themselves didn't smell too nicely when they were changed..Also in the room there was a communicating door to the room next to me and at night I could hear people talk very clearly!! Unlucky for me there was a family with a very loud and excited child who would scream at about 11pm while I was trying to get my already jetlagged sleep to be operative for work the following day, I am not exaggerating when I say it was like having them in my room, only because they were speaking a foreign language I couldn't understand what they were saying..I had to use earplugs or else wait for them to go to bed and shut up to be able to sleep..In between the wall and the main entrance door to my room there was a bit of a space through which the corridor light came through, very annoying!! Breakfast was good though, the staff at the dining room was much nicer than some of the people at reception who never smiled. The pool and the garden are pretty, but nothing special. The hotel has direct access to the beach which is a plus, but for a business trip it's a terrible option. I personally wouldn't go back for any kind of trip whether for holiday or business, as I think $200 a night for these premises and service is a rip off!

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 28 June 2014

Dear DebbyOz ,

Ben J

Reviewed 8 June 2014

First off I called at 5 oclock in the evening for towels noone showed I called at 8pm no one showed I called at 10 no one showed I called that morning at 9 they finally brought 2 towels bc I sounded aggravated and we had 4 in our room smh. I went to laundry room to wash and the ddryer was broke and beyond that we stayed 1 day I booked 2 rooms both together not totaling $400 it was $171 a room. I checked my account the next day and I had a hold for $940 called the manager she said that wasnt possible she argued with me that what I was seeing and what the bank agent was saying was a lie. Worst experience ever took them a whole week to fix it. Im a ihg member stayed at several holiday inns and this was horrible never again.

• Stayed: June 2014
2  Thank brandyjazmoneportis
IHGCare, Guest Relations Manager at Holiday Inn Miami Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 23 June 2014

Dear brandyjazmoneportis,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel and for being a member of our IHG Rewards Club program. I apologize for any inconvenience you may have experienced with the level of service you have received. Rest assured that this has been taken into serious account and I would like to follow up on your experience. I have sent you a private message in an effort to obtain more information.

I look forward to hearing back from you soon.

Faith R