“Great Location”

Holiday Inn Miami Beach
Ranked #103 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 14 July 2014

When I come to Miami to visit my mother....my wife wants to stay at the beach, and either staying in south beach, or farther north on Miami Beach...most hotels are very expensive...this hotel isn't terriblly expensive...but it is a good hotel for the money....They do try to nickel and dime you with add ons, and the parking is very expensive ($30/day)....but still is less expensive than the fontainbleau next door.
The staff is very good and they try to be helful.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators, and the corner rooms and the beach side rooms are more expensive.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Mark P
There are newer reviews for Holiday Inn Miami Beach

Reviewed 14 July 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel on our vacation and we had two connecting rooms reserved. We originally had requested 2 rooms with 2 double beds, but was given 1 double bed room and 1 king size room as they do not have any connecting rooms that fit our needs. Management was nice and comped us a free rowaway bed. The rooms were amazing. Only disappointment about the rooms were that there were no balconies. Kids eat free at the on-site restaurant, so we ate dinner twice there and breakfast once. The cook staff is undergoing radical changes and a big turnover- Our food orders took 2 hours to bring out. A big disappointment. however, the manager provided us with free drinks on her for the second night. We went back and had breakfast on our last day and the service was absolutely delightful; I wish I had wrote down her name as she deserves some kudos... We were able to get a late checkout which was real nice, the only bad thing was that our room keys didn't know that we were on a late check out and I got locked outside of the gate along the board walk. It'd be nice if there was a pathway to the beach AT the holiday inn boardwalk, but there isn't. We had to walk down a real short distance to get to the beach which wasn't bad at all. All staff from Valet to Servers to Management was extremely nice and friendly. We had a great time at this hotel and will go back again in the future.

Room Tip: Stay on at least the 6th floor to get above the canopy of the trees and a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 13 July 2014

On my arrival. I was told I need to pay 150.00 and I get it back when I leave. I got upset because when I book the room the guy assured me that I did not have to do anything or pay anything. Well the 150.00 was for valet parking 30.00; through out your stay any service you use such as meals..bar. My second day the air conditions unit that morning was leaking . I call front desk. Someone was there and I went out with friends. When I return it was fix. Over all I want to thank the staff for been very nice and understanding. My stay was good.....

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here with family who were getting married on Miami Beach before going on a cruise. The hotel itself is clean, the food is standard for Holiday Inn. The staff are great and were very helpful. The bride and groom hired a local company to perform the wedding and the hotel was more than willing to accommodate in any way they could. While the main lobby is wide and open, the room are small. It looks like some of the rooms have been renovated, but others not necessarily. The decor on the floors is also somewhat dated. The rooms are small, but for a nominal price, we were able to upgrade to a much larger room that would accommodate us and three teen and pre-teen boys.

The kids liked the pool and the beach was not overcrowded. It's a great location if you are going on a cruise and want something that is near the port and is reasonably priced.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This isn't a "luxury resort" but it IS a great value, clean rooms, great service, nice amenities. Love the access to the beach. If you want luxury, you will pay more somewhere else. We thought this was a GREAT value and we had a WONDERFUL 4-day stay. I have seen various complaints here about water pressure, temperature, smells, etc - but we did not experience ANY of these issues. We were on the 10th floor, never any noise issues. There aren't a lot of restaurant opportunities within the immediate area, but there are several a brief walk away, and the South Beach area is a $12 cab ride away.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have an ocean view, and there is no balcony and the windows don't open. But we spe...
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Cindy I
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Hotel was nice, clean , great location on the beach. Pool was OK, no waiter service to the pool or beach. Also, food ordering was cumbersome and they didnt get my order right 2X. Drinks were good.

Valet is expensive at this hotel. Was hear for business and would stay again.

Be warned, they add tips to EVERYTHING. At the breakfast I did not realize it right away and added tip on top of theirs.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Dan P
Reviewed 30 June 2014

The hotel guest service agents were great! Dennis was a great help for going out tips. The hotel provided good service the problem is that the rooms were a little small as well as the bathroom. The first room I was in had drainage problems. I moved to another room at 2:00 am and the tub did the same exact thing. The house keeper was kind enough to fix the tub which she stated clogged all the time.
Another thing is the hotel didn't have microwave or fridges and did not provide any type of complementary water.

Room Tip: Be prepared to pay for valet parking
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends