“"THE WORSE EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD" NIGHTMARE”

Holiday Inn Miami Beach
Ranked #104 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
New York City, New York
“"THE WORSE EXPERIENCE I HAVE EVER HAD" NIGHTMARE”
Reviewed 20 July 2014

My Husband and I visited Miami Beach two weeks ago and had a experience with our stay at the hotel. Guillermo a the front desk was very helpful & even upgraded us to Ocean view room at no cost.
By far this was the worst experience in a long time in the restaurant, the food on the restaurant was mediocre, the quality of the food was poor,the meat that my husband tasted were extremely dry, tough and tasteless the waiter brought him specially prepared medium rare to compensate but it too was overcooked and tough.
i tried a number of items that i had never eaten before and found many to be uninteresting and tasteless we don't recommend eat in the Hotel Restaurant.

Room Tip: rooms to small.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ELAINE B
fastete, General Manager at Holiday Inn Miami Beach, responded to this review, 22 July 2014
Dear Elaine B, We appreciate your comments regarding your recent stay, I am glad that you enjoyed the upgrade and I will share your comments with Guillermo, We strive to provide the highest level of customer service and quality of food at the restaurant and I regret that you did not find the food to your satisfaction, I will appreciate very much if you will share information about your stay on my direct email in order to address all the issues direct and make sure that no other guest will experience the same problems, I may be reach at fastete@cghcorp.com. Once again thank you for your business and please accept my apologies for the problems you encountered.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (241)
  • Hungarian first
Johannesburg, South Africa
Reviewed 20 July 2014 via mobile

We were very unimpressed with the hotel and their services. Our stay here almost ruined our holiday and its NOT anywhere close to being centrally located. Also the staff is not very tentative in English... misunderstanding after misunderstanding... wish we spoke spoke Spanish!! (Eg. Asked the bellman to recommend a place to eat dinner.... recommended Lincoln Ave (which is downtown, 40 min drive) as opposed Lincoln Road, which is a 10 min drive)

Not an hotel that I will recommend nor will we visit again.. thats purely due to the service we received!

Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Dear 02SLo, Thank you for your comments about your recent stay at the Holiday Inn Miami Beach, I am sorry that there was a misunderstanding with the dinning recommendations that you received from my staff, please rest assure that your experience will be share with all my staff and we will take the proper corrective actions. Once again thank you.
Marietta, Georgia, United States
Reviewed 14 July 2014

When I come to Miami to visit my mother....my wife wants to stay at the beach, and either staying in south beach, or farther north on Miami Beach...most hotels are very expensive...this hotel isn't terriblly expensive...but it is a good hotel for the money....They do try to nickel and dime you with add ons, and the parking is very expensive ($30/day)....but still is less expensive than the fontainbleau next door.
The staff is very good and they try to be helful.

Room Tip: Stay away from the elevators, and the corner rooms and the beach side rooms are more expensive.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Mark P
Reviewed 14 July 2014

We recently stayed at this hotel on our vacation and we had two connecting rooms reserved. We originally had requested 2 rooms with 2 double beds, but was given 1 double bed room and 1 king size room as they do not have any connecting rooms that fit our needs. Management was nice and comped us a free rowaway bed. The rooms were amazing. Only disappointment about the rooms were that there were no balconies. Kids eat free at the on-site restaurant, so we ate dinner twice there and breakfast once. The cook staff is undergoing radical changes and a big turnover- Our food orders took 2 hours to bring out. A big disappointment. however, the manager provided us with free drinks on her for the second night. We went back and had breakfast on our last day and the service was absolutely delightful; I wish I had wrote down her name as she deserves some kudos... We were able to get a late checkout which was real nice, the only bad thing was that our room keys didn't know that we were on a late check out and I got locked outside of the gate along the board walk. It'd be nice if there was a pathway to the beach AT the holiday inn boardwalk, but there isn't. We had to walk down a real short distance to get to the beach which wasn't bad at all. All staff from Valet to Servers to Management was extremely nice and friendly. We had a great time at this hotel and will go back again in the future.

Room Tip: Stay on at least the 6th floor to get above the canopy of the trees and a good view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Macon, Georgia
Reviewed 13 July 2014

On my arrival. I was told I need to pay 150.00 and I get it back when I leave. I got upset because when I book the room the guy assured me that I did not have to do anything or pay anything. Well the 150.00 was for valet parking 30.00; through out your stay any service you use such as meals..bar. My second day the air conditions unit that morning was leaking . I call front desk. Someone was there and I went out with friends. When I return it was fix. Over all I want to thank the staff for been very nice and understanding. My stay was good.....

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Winnipeg, Canada
Reviewed 13 July 2014

We stayed here with family who were getting married on Miami Beach before going on a cruise. The hotel itself is clean, the food is standard for Holiday Inn. The staff are great and were very helpful. The bride and groom hired a local company to perform the wedding and the hotel was more than willing to accommodate in any way they could. While the main lobby is wide and open, the room are small. It looks like some of the rooms have been renovated, but others not necessarily. The decor on the floors is also somewhat dated. The rooms are small, but for a nominal price, we were able to upgrade to a much larger room that would accommodate us and three teen and pre-teen boys.

The kids liked the pool and the beach was not overcrowded. It's a great location if you are going on a cruise and want something that is near the port and is reasonably priced.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
Longview, Texas, USA
Reviewed 12 July 2014

This isn't a "luxury resort" but it IS a great value, clean rooms, great service, nice amenities. Love the access to the beach. If you want luxury, you will pay more somewhere else. We thought this was a GREAT value and we had a WONDERFUL 4-day stay. I have seen various complaints here about water pressure, temperature, smells, etc - but we did not experience ANY of these issues. We were on the 10th floor, never any noise issues. There aren't a lot of restaurant opportunities within the immediate area, but there are several a brief walk away, and the South Beach area is a $12 cab ride away.

Room Tip: Not all rooms have an ocean view, and there is no balcony and the windows don't open. But we spe...
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends