“Another Great time”

Ranked #76 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Plano, Texas
“Another Great time”
Reviewed 5 November 2013 via mobile

My husband and I came "home" again last month. We had such a great time that I even cried when we checked out. I LOVE the Soutbeach Group and the array of hotels. Of course our favorites are the Chesterfield and the Shelley. I want to say thank you to Indira for making sure the reservation was accurate. It was changed numerous times due to my husband landed a new job and we wanted to make sure he had enough time available. Next, I want to thank Alex for his warm welcome....he always has a great big smile and just made me feel welcome. Pedro as usual was the best...we extended our stay and he and Tavares made sure everything was accurate and show us the best hospitality. Also Jose is the first thing everyone should see when they come through the door. So very helpful and happy to help you. During the trip, I kept asking myself...where is Drako, and our last day while eating breakfast I saw Drako. Even though he didn't know it was our last day...he greeted us and ask if everything was good with our room and if we needed anything. He is the best General Manager of a hotel I've ever been too. In conclusion, I love coming home and we will be back in June 2014 and October 2014. Love the hotels, love the staff and I just love the ambience. See you all soon,

Love Tamyra McSeed

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Tamyra T
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, 6 November 2013
Good Evening Mrs. McSeed,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your recent experience with us! I am extremely glad to read that you and your husband had such a great time with us! Indira is great and I will make sure that she knows of your lovely praise! :) As well as the rest of the staff that you mentioned! Our goal is that every guest that comes here has an experience such as yours! Please come back "home" soon! :)

Katrine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (444)
  • Polish first
Memphis, Tennessee
Reviewed 3 November 2013 via mobile

Didnt expect much was pleasantly proven wrong. Super clean room great lobby excellent location (block off beach). Great happy hour. Note they charge a 15 resort fee on to of their rate and parking is 32 bucks. Stil well worth it....

• Stayed November 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, 4 November 2013
Hello there newtomemphis,

There is nothing that we love to see more then a review with 5 stars!!!! We are very content to know that you had such a lovely time while staying with us! I see that you found the clean of the room to be great, as well as the lobby area. We do indeed charge a $15 resort fee for the amenities that are guests love to enjoy. These amenities include the R/T shuttle from MIA, cocktail hour from 7-8PM nightly, WiFi, towels to the beach.

Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

I called early to the chesterfield to ensure all reservations were in place for my group. I spoke to Martin and he was very helpful answered all my questions. Upon our arrival Martin, Daniel and Tavares began to check in our group and were very approachable answering all questions. The whole staff were great. The location is perfect close to ocean drive and walking distance with many points of interest. Hopefully we can come back. Thanks

• Stayed October 2013
1 Thank Maddie231988
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, 31 October 2013
Good Evening Maddie231988,

There is absolutely nothing that we love more then a lovely review with 5 STARS!!!!!!!! Martin, Daniel, and Tavaris are great assets to our team! I will definitely let them know of your kind praise! We are in the perfect location, right in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from it all. We are the perfect hotel for when you want the real SoBe experience. We hope to have you stay with us again in the near future!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 30 October 2013 via mobile

Decided to stay here because the other couples in our party wanted to stay here. I wasn't sure if we would like it. We didn't... WE LOVED IT! Great atmosphere. Staff was friendly and helpful. I'd like to give a shout out to Rey and Francesca who were hysterical at check in and to Jose for helping us get our luggage to our room. Outstanding service. The room was very nice as well. No view but we didn't expect one.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dvelez3329
Lincoln U.K
Reviewed 29 October 2013

Three of us stayed at The Chesterfield for 1 night which was ok but I wouldn't want to stay for longer.
Rooms are small, and bathroom even smaller. Aircon struggled to cope and that was in October.
Didn't like the fact that when we checked in because we paid the $100 (any extras fee) in cash, a member of staff rushed upstairs and emptied the mini bar, guess they don't trust the Brits!!
Free drinks hour was a glass full of ice.
Not sure if this is typical of Miami.
Location was good though.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, 30 October 2013
Good Evening LincolnClan,

Thank you for the time you took to provide us with your honest feedback! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms and bathrooms are smaller then your average hotel room. If we were aware of the issue with your A/C we would have definitely sent a maintenance man up immediately to resolve the issue, if not have moved you to another room. The majority of the hotels require to take a hold for incidentals upon check in. Some of the hotels hold a larger amount then others. This is just in case something in the room is damaged. The hold is released immediately once you have checked out if nothing is damaged in the room, or nothing is consumed from the mini bar. We empty the mini bars when the hold is paid in cash because we have had many situations where the guest pays the hold in cash, and consumes items from the mini bar, and we end up loosing money from that. This is for our security and to avoid issues with our guests. We have nothing against anyone here at Chesterfield! :)

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I reserved my room last month and in preparation for my big trip I called ahead to get details on my room and to request a "quiet room" away from all the noise. The desk clerk who answers the phone immediately transfers me to the reservations before even listening to the fact that I ALREADY HAVE A RESERVATION. The reservations person proceeds to tell me that although I reserved a "deluxe suite" the hotel does not have any suites and I should try metropol instead, again...I HAVE A RESERVATION PEOPLE. I continue to ask if there is a kitchenette or common eating area because it appears as such on the website and the reservations lady finally says let me transfer you back to someone who knows the details of the floor plan. Ok...you just wasted 10 minutes of my life. So I get transferred back to the front desk where no one answers the phone. I call back four times...nothing. Geeeeez! I just want to know what to expect so I can cancel my reservation in time if Im not happy with the options. So far..Im not sure if what was advertised online is what I will get.

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
2 Thank jamie c
Good Evening jaime C,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! I am extremely sorry to read of the negative service that you experienced while staying with us! The front desk agent that transferred your call to the reservations department, most likely did so as he/she was busy but still wanted you to get attended to right away. I wish you could have included the name of the reservations agent so that we could have resolved the issue more accordingly. Since the reservations agent does deal with 11 hotels in total he/she was most likely not comfortable in answering your question, therefore transferred you back to the front desk of Chesterfield where they know the floor plan 100%. You can contact me directly if you have any questions about your room or the floor plan, and I would be more then happy to assist you! My email address is Katrine.Beltran@southbeachgroup.com

New York City, New York
Reviewed 27 October 2013

We came here in the end of October, based entirely upon TA recommendations, and found the best we've ever experienced. Had an amazing time at the hotel! Great location! Our bartender Anna made an exceptional drinks!! Our mojitos were awesome! Very good service! The staff is very friendly! Will definitely come back!!

• Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank marinayasin
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this review, 29 October 2013
Good Afternoon marinayasin,

Thank you so much for your excellent 5 STAR REVIEW!!!!!!!!!!!!! I am extremely glad to read that you had such an amazing time while staying with us! The location of our property is very prime and in the heart of South Beach. We are just a convenient walk away from all the hot spots you will want to visit when here. Anna is a great bartender and all of our guests love her! I will definitely make sure that she is aware of your kind praise! :) We hope to have you stay with us again sooner, rather then later!