“Good location - don't bring a car”
Review of Chesterfield Hotel

Chesterfield Hotel
Ranked #76 of 214 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 7 March 2014

I purchased this on Hotwire (mystery room) for $130 (all fees incl) per night during Spring Break. The hotel added an additional $15 per night "resort fee" (a blatant money grab as there are NO 'resort' amenities) plus $35 a night to park the car. The first night I was in one of the outside "suites" where the WiFi was so bad that I asked to be moved into the main building. The lighting in both rooms was quite dim - even when all the lights were turned on and I wish hotel rooms would think to have one open electric outlet so guests can charge their electronic devices. In both rooms, I pulled the radio plug out, and then used my travel extension ( A MUST when on the road) to charge my 3 devices. The rooms themselves are small, but nice with lots of products and a handy little fridge stocked with lots of items. The front desk is often overwhelmed but the staff are VERY friendly and quick to accommodate requests. There are free, though a limited selection of drinks between 7-8 pm which is a nice gesture. The best part is the location - SO central, close to the beach and all the action. For this price, I'd stay again.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank Jurnee
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 March 2014

Good Afternoon Jurnee,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We do charge an extra $15 resort fee for all of the amenities that we offer. This includes the R/T airport shuttle, cocktail hour nightly from 7-8PM, WiFi. We do like to keep the lighting in the rooms dark and relaxed. We offer extra lamps for those guests who want more light. I see that you were provided with great customer service by our staff, and took advantage of the happy hour! :) We would love to have you here again, soon!

Katrine

Write a ReviewReviews (3,418)

Reviewed 4 March 2014

Huge disappointment. We were charged for wifi when it doesn't work properly in ANY building. I was slightly concerned with peddlers being able to sleep on the lounge chairs at night right outside out rooms. Why are we paying for them to have that luxury?

• Stayed: February 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 March 2014

Good Afternoon TishayB,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are extremely sorry to read that your stay with us was not a 5 star one! We charge a resort fee that includes all of the amenities, WiFi being just one of them. Perhaps the server you were connecting to wasn't the correct one. No one is able to sleep on your lounge chairs at night, as we have security guards that guard the premises at all times of the night.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

We've stayed at this hotel once before and we were pleasantly surprised by receiving a room with a big round spa bath, when we'd just booked a standard room. The second time around we'd actually booked the room with the spa bath and when we arrived we were upgraded to the penthouse suite!!! It had it's own private roof top garden with a hot tub :) We would definitely stay here again

Room Tip: Ask for a room with a big round spa bath, these are located in the outer buildings of the hotel and...
  • Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 March 2014

Hello there Amber E,

We value all of our guests feedback, and would like to thank you for the time you took to share yours! We are always willing to provide our guests with an upgrade as long as we have clean and ready rooms available. We can't wait to have you stay with us again!!!

Reviewed 27 February 2014

This hotel is located one block from Miami Beach Ocean Drive. Is a small hotel with a small bar and small cafe. Well you have all you need for your trip. I found the cost to high but the hotels in the area are expensive too. If I'm back in Miami maybe I will stay again. The bar have a one hour free for guests but I don't like it because they don have beers and the liquor selection is very limited. Nothing good for me.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled on business
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2014

Hello there Abraham R,

Thank you for the time you took to share your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are located blocks away from Ocean Drive, the hottest bars, restaurants, clubs, etc. We offer a complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM nightly. Please come back to stay with us again soon!

Reviewed 21 February 2014

I scheduled a reservation here through the Miami Boat Show web site so a friend and I could take in the show. The rooms were advertised as King Bed Suites. I paid in advance to hold the reservation. I wanted to make sure we had two beds and called at least ten times. They always answered the phone promptly but told me I needed to talk to one person after another until finally being told I had to talk to only one person due to the Boat Show link. Unfortunately that person never answered the phone and had a full mailbox so that I could never leave a message.
We arrived late only to discover the manager was asleep and not available. The person on duty took us to a room with a single full size bed and no chair, sofa or any place to sit. After complaining that the room wasn't a king bed or a suite we were told nothing else was available. We demanded a refund and were prepared to go out on the street, bags in tow, at 2:00 am to find another hotel when miraculously a room came available. It wasn't a suite but did have two king beds so we took it.
The bar is very small. There's no food available in the hotel, but it is close to Ocean Drive and lots of all night restaurants so that worked out well.
When we checked out four days later we were told there was a $100 credit card charge that would be refunded in 3-5 business days. That was 2 weeks ago and still waiting.
SO, there are so many nice places to stay in the area ( The Hotel ) I would NOT recommend staying here. The only reason I gave them a 2/5 rating is that the room was satisfactory once we strong-armed our way in.

Room Tip: Stay at The Hotel on 8th and Collins.
  • Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Terry W
SBG_GuestRelations, Director of Sales at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Hello Terry W,

We appreciate the time that you took to share your honest feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We apologize that your stay with us was not a 5 star one! We are extremely glad that we had a room with 2 king beds available, after you were informed that you were given a room with a full bed. We do have a restaurant here at the hotel called Delight Restaurant. They offer delicious meals at a reasonable price. The $100 hold takes anywhere from 7-10 business days for the bank to release it.

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

had a lovey time hotel was great food lovey people there very good meet lots of lovey people would go back aome time beach clean lots to do with the children hotel granden were so clean boss was very nice help when you need it

• Stayed: September 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Good Afternoon karen d,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are extremely glad to read that your stay with us was a lovely one! We would love to have you stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 18 February 2014

Although we were relatively happy with our room, my dissatisfaction is with Chesterfield's failure to return a security deposit of $100USD that it took from my account and what's more, Chesterfield's failure to respond to the emails I have sent requesting the funds be returned. Chesterfield incorrectly charged my account for two (2) security deposits totalling $200USD and has still failed to refund $100USD of this amount (over one month later!!!), and failed to respond to any of my emails regarding the second charge it incorrectly charged to my account (even after it promised to have the issue sorted out within 3 days!). I have had to lodge a complaint with Better Business Bureaus in Florida as a result!! Very frustrated!

• Stayed: January 2014, travelled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 February 2014

Hello there R0bG13,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We are glad that you were content with your room! We are terribly sorry for making a mistake in charging your credit card twice for the $100 security deposit. Once you have checked out with us we release the hold for $100. It can take anywhere from 7-10 business days for the funds to be released by your bank. If the funds have not been released yet you will need to contact your bank as there is nothing that we can do on our end, since we have already released these funds. We apologize for any inconvenience this has caused you! I am not sure who you have emailed regarding this issue, but we respond to our emails within 48 hours.