“Fabulous location”

Ranked #78 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Dallas
“Fabulous location”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2008

I recently stayed at the Chesterfield Hotel and it was wonderful. I had to admit I was a little skeptical at first about staying at this hotel because of some of the reviews I read before taking my trip to Miami, However, we didn't have any problems. Our hotel room was beautiful and also clean. I absolutely loved the bathrooms at this hotel. The hotel is in a great location to the beach, restaurants, and shopping. I could not have been more satisfied with my stay. I most definitely will stay at the Chesterfield again on my next visit.

P.S. They actually use the "good" liquor for the free drinks nightly...and they keep the drinks coming...

Great vacation, great hotel : )

Stayed September 2008

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Polish first
London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2008

We spent 3 nights at the Chesterfield in April. Our reasons for choosing it were the location and the fact that it was an Art Deco building.
Our room was lovely, great colours and features, but it was dark.
We were on the ground floor and needed the lights on in the daytime. I cant fault the location, very close to SoBe and the staff were fine. I think it would be a great place if you're there to party, as a lot of the guests obviously were (Spring Break). We weren't overly keen on being woken up at 2, then again at 3 and 4 by people running screaming with laughter past our room!
If you're after somewhere a bit quieter this wont be the place for you.
It's not a bad place, it just wasn't right for us and we wont be going back there.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2008

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL I'm not sure where to even begin. Firstly, I was very dissaponted by the way the hotel looks like inside and outside. All the pictures are completely wrong. We arrived there at 14 and they informed us that the check in starts at 15, but we had to wait till 16 because the rooms were not ready. The room was very small , shin-breaking bed platforms and there were large cockroaches- alive and dead. The are very dark hallways, most probably to hide all of the dirt. The staff was extremely rude. The noise is incredible and in top of that in the middle of the night drunk people knock at your door . Get ready to be woken up at 7:30 am every morning by the staff yelling back and forth in spanish. This is by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my entire life!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2008

This was by far the worst hotel Ive ever stayed at! The rooms were sooo very small and had no dresser (just a little closet) the floors are concrete and theres no bathtub! We stayed on the 3rd floor and brought a lot of luggage and the very old, gated elevator was broken through our whole trip. The hotel is extremely dirty and does not have any ammenities other than the lady sitting down stairs with a nail polish desk and 2 massage tables (the spa) to spite the lack of a pool, a restaurant, basketball court..a working elevator or ANY parking they still charged us a daily resort fee! RESORT!! It wasnt even a nice place to sleep, let alone a resort. You will not save enough money staying here to justify not going elsewhere.

• Liked — Proximity to Ocean Drive
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
New York City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2008

I checked in to this hotel at 7 p.m. went out to dinner came back around 12am and left at 2:30am thats how bad it was. I was with my 20 year old sister and my best friend. They tell you free happy hour, yea if you want watered down drinks. The ambiance of the hotel is as bad as it could be we came back from dinner and there was a homeless guy asleep on a couchin front of the hotel on the patio. Luckily I didnt take a shower because the next day my friend and sister had warts. My sister got a rash on the back of her legs from the bed bugs. The party was not even going on a 5am it was 3 guys screaming. People were running down the halls and the paper thin walls dont help. On the website there is a yoga studio on top, when we asked the front desked they laughed and we puzzled because they had never heard that. There was no internet access in the rooms like they said there would be and the rooftop sundeck was no longer there. This was the worst. Don't let the website decieve you!!!!!!

• Liked — Everything was terrible
  • Disliked — The entire hotel
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
Fort Pierce, FL
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 August 2008

My sister actually booked the rooms for a family vacation. Ages in the family range from 21-54. The hotel was located right in the heart of South Beach, Miami.

If you like to party, you'll love this hotel. Our family is not the partying type, so we really didn't appreciate the loud voices and pounding on doors/walls until 2 am.

The elevator was broken and trying to get rooms on the first floor was like pulling teeth. At the time, I was wearing a neck brace due to spine surgery and my Mother was not able to climb a large number of stairs.

The staff was helpful enough to finally find us rooms on the first floor, but that was where the help ended.

Parking was not on location, it was down 2 1/2 blocks in a parking garage. They did not let you park there for free or give you any type of discount if you were staying at the hotel...for a 2 night/3day stay, we paid roughly $100 in parking.

This hotel may work for others, but it didn't work for my family. Maybe you'll have a better time than we did.

• Liked — Beds were comfortable.
  • Disliked — Noise until early am hours, parking, helpfulness/friendliness of staff.
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
Virginia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2008

We stayed at the Chesterfield for a few days for my birthday. I booked the hotel on www.hotels.com, for a reasonable price, and I thought I had got a great deal. When I came to www.tripadvisor.com and read the reviews of the hotel, I got really really nervous. Some people said there were roaches, others had horrible stories about leaks and towels. Fortunately the reviews were WRONG. We loved this hotel. The decor was funky, the room was clean, and the bathroom was awesome. We ended up getting the Premium Suite with the 2 double beds and a pull out couch in a separate area with an I-Pod docking station and a large plasma screen tv. There were absolutely no roaches, except for outside, and the room was clean and the staff was more than friendly. We were provided fresh towels and sheets daily, and they were very quick to respond when our bathroom encountered a flood from the room above. The best part about the room was the door that led out the back, it was great for late night talks and viewing Miami. The location of this hotel is a must if you plan on doing a lot of things while you are in South Beach. One block down and you are at the beach, one block up is all of the nightlife and bars. Everything is really simple to get to, and no taxi was ever needed. The air conditioner kept the room cool and everything was perfect. I would definitely recommend this hotel to anyone that plans to stay in South Beach. The only negatives about the room was the couch--it looked white from far away but it was kinda grungy, and the fact that when you closed the blinds it looked like it was midnight all day so we slept too much.

Overall a great room for a great price, especially for people trying to save some money!!

• Liked — Location & Decor
  • Disliked — Couch
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends