“bed bugs!!! stay far, far away from this dump!”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Chesterfield Hotel

Chesterfield Hotel
Ranked #78 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Halifax
“bed bugs!!! stay far, far away from this dump!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 October 2008

Saw bugs crawling on my bed within an hour of checking into my room! The maid walked in while I was changing to check out of there as quickly as possible. I told the clerk about the bugs, and he assured me my credit card wouldn't be charged. I checked into a fabulous hotel on James Street called the Albion hotel (recommend it!).

Upon returning home, I found a charge from the Chesterfield Hotel on my credit card for a one night's stay. I have been calling and emailing these people since October 4 to have the charge removed and nobody will speak to me or return my phone calls or emails.

Please stay far away from this hotel - it is a dump with low lighting, few windows, lots of noise, with bed bugs. The management doesn't seem to car that the critters are walking around the beds and only want your money.

Please stay far away from the Chesterfield Hotel! There are lots of hotels to stay at in South beach for the same price with no bed bugs and quality service.

• Liked — nothing
  • Disliked — bedbugs
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled solo
1 Thank fx40

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (424)
  • Polish first
South Africa
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 October 2008

When you arrive at a hotel and the reception is in the bar area I presume it already tells a story! Was booked here for 3 nights but on arrival advised them I will check out after the first night - just could not stay there

Poor lighting in the room (I was one a business trip), no des to work at, dirty hallways, the hotel in general is in disrepair. The one light in the room was also not working, poor quality fittings (apart from the big plasma in the room), dirty windows, very small bathrooms, loose basin in the bathroom, the list continues!

Lift not working (they were working on it though at 06h30 in the morning when you try to sleep)!

Whilst I did not see a breakfast room (not that I would eat there), I went down at 07h30 in the morning to get some coffee but no one was prepared to assist - "you have to wait until the bar opens at 09h00" - this is what I got from a manager who seemed to still be getting dressed at that time!

I presume the hotel could work for those who dont really care about quality fittings and are just there to party but reasonable quality i awlays expected for the price that you pay - unfortunately it fell far short.

I left the Chesterfield hotel to stay at "The Hotel" in the same street, same block and would much rather suggest this, it was a clean decently appointed hotel.

I do not recommend this hotel!

• Liked — There was nothing to like
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled on business
Dallas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 September 2008

I recently stayed at the Chesterfield Hotel and it was wonderful. I had to admit I was a little skeptical at first about staying at this hotel because of some of the reviews I read before taking my trip to Miami, However, we didn't have any problems. Our hotel room was beautiful and also clean. I absolutely loved the bathrooms at this hotel. The hotel is in a great location to the beach, restaurants, and shopping. I could not have been more satisfied with my stay. I most definitely will stay at the Chesterfield again on my next visit.

P.S. They actually use the "good" liquor for the free drinks nightly...and they keep the drinks coming...

Great vacation, great hotel : )

Stayed September 2008
London, UK
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 September 2008

We spent 3 nights at the Chesterfield in April. Our reasons for choosing it were the location and the fact that it was an Art Deco building.
Our room was lovely, great colours and features, but it was dark.
We were on the ground floor and needed the lights on in the daytime. I cant fault the location, very close to SoBe and the staff were fine. I think it would be a great place if you're there to party, as a lot of the guests obviously were (Spring Break). We weren't overly keen on being woken up at 2, then again at 3 and 4 by people running screaming with laughter past our room!
If you're after somewhere a bit quieter this wont be the place for you.
It's not a bad place, it just wasn't right for us and we wont be going back there.

• Stayed April 2008, travelled as a couple
Paris, France
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 August 2008

DO NOT STAY AT THIS HOTEL I'm not sure where to even begin. Firstly, I was very dissaponted by the way the hotel looks like inside and outside. All the pictures are completely wrong. We arrived there at 14 and they informed us that the check in starts at 15, but we had to wait till 16 because the rooms were not ready. The room was very small , shin-breaking bed platforms and there were large cockroaches- alive and dead. The are very dark hallways, most probably to hide all of the dirt. The staff was extremely rude. The noise is incredible and in top of that in the middle of the night drunk people knock at your door . Get ready to be woken up at 7:30 am every morning by the staff yelling back and forth in spanish. This is by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had in my entire life!

• Stayed August 2008, travelled as a couple
Oklahoma
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 August 2008

This was by far the worst hotel Ive ever stayed at! The rooms were sooo very small and had no dresser (just a little closet) the floors are concrete and theres no bathtub! We stayed on the 3rd floor and brought a lot of luggage and the very old, gated elevator was broken through our whole trip. The hotel is extremely dirty and does not have any ammenities other than the lady sitting down stairs with a nail polish desk and 2 massage tables (the spa) to spite the lack of a pool, a restaurant, basketball court..a working elevator or ANY parking they still charged us a daily resort fee! RESORT!! It wasnt even a nice place to sleep, let alone a resort. You will not save enough money staying here to justify not going elsewhere.

• Liked — Proximity to Ocean Drive
  • Disliked — everything else
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
New York City
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 August 2008

I checked in to this hotel at 7 p.m. went out to dinner came back around 12am and left at 2:30am thats how bad it was. I was with my 20 year old sister and my best friend. They tell you free happy hour, yea if you want watered down drinks. The ambiance of the hotel is as bad as it could be we came back from dinner and there was a homeless guy asleep on a couchin front of the hotel on the patio. Luckily I didnt take a shower because the next day my friend and sister had warts. My sister got a rash on the back of her legs from the bed bugs. The party was not even going on a 5am it was 3 guys screaming. People were running down the halls and the paper thin walls dont help. On the website there is a yoga studio on top, when we asked the front desked they laughed and we puzzled because they had never heard that. There was no internet access in the rooms like they said there would be and the rooftop sundeck was no longer there. This was the worst. Don't let the website decieve you!!!!!!

• Liked — Everything was terrible
  • Disliked — The entire hotel
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with friends