“Rooftop Penthouse”
Review of Chesterfield Hotel

Chesterfield Hotel
Ranked #71 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

Booked the penthouse for my bday celebration. Here is what I did like. Location, price, shower, location. The room was great for entertaining and hang out. Now the bad news. Checkin was at 3 but I had to wait until nearly 4 because they were still "cleaning" the room. George (the bellboy) dropped our box of soda puncturing the cans that started to squirt all over and he just handed the box to us no apology. The hottub was broken and did not heat up. The lounge chairs could've been cleaned. One of the sofa beds was broken. stayed one night and it was worth one night. The room was big and nice and with some minor fixes mentioned here I would book again.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback Melissa M!! Chesterfield Suites is located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks from all the action. We offer unbeatable prices and we include a load of great amenities. When we were sold out the night before, and have had many late check outs it takes longer for our team to turn each room around. I am terribly sorry that George did not provide you with an apology, with the mistake that he made! I will make sure the General Manager is aware of this, so that he can speak with him. Given the minor inconveniences you experienced, I am glad that you would stay with us again!

Katrine

Write a ReviewReviews (3,377)

Reviewed 5 August 2014

It's right next to the beach. Wonderful location. The staff is very friendly and helpful. Especially Nelson, his customer service was amazing anything I needed he was glad to help. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed: August 2014

Hello kiantep6n! There is nothing that we love to read more then lovely 5 star feedback! We are just a convenient block walk from the beach, and many other hot spots in South Beach. I am glad that you were able to experience Nelson's 5 star service! I will make sure he is aware of your kind praise!

Reviewed 4 August 2014 via mobile

My first time visiting Miami and staying at the chesterfield hotel almost ruined the whole trip. My room was very dark & grimmey if your looking for amenities like clean towels, a place to plug up your cell phone, windows or a closet, this isn't the place for you. The bed was very uncomfortable & Old I had a very hard time sleeping every night.The phone in our room did not work so if I wanted to request housekeeping or fresh clean towels for the day I had to take a walk between 2 buildings to get to the front desk to make that request. Each time I mentioned my phone not working in the room I was hit with the same " we'll send someone right over" response. It never happened. The Staff was very rude & seemed not give a damn hotel guest needs. Entire staff needs to take some hospitality coarses.
I will never stay @ the Chesterfield again worst sleep, service & hotel I ever had.

Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank Rome W

Hello there Rome W! We value each and every one of our guests feedback! Thank you for sharing yours with us! We are terribly sorry that you did not have an amazing time here at Chesterfield!! We do like to keep the rooms dark and relaxed. We offer extra lamps for those guests who need more light. I will definitely make sure to share your feedback with our General Manager, and Director of Housekeeping so they are aware of the issues that you experienced. We work hard to make sure that each and every guest is having a killer time! It pains us to read that you did not.

Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Great hotel in the heart of everything! Thank you to Tavaris at the front desk for our room upgrade! Told him it was my birthday weekend and he gave me an upgrade to the Jr. Suite with a Jacuzzi. He was also very very helpful with clubs to check out and even getting face clothes for my room. Told front desk that I was out and had to go back a couple hours later looking for facecothes and Tavaris went right down and got them for me. Clean room, friendly staff. Although the room is on the darkside, would like a little more lighting. Not to good for putting on make up. Love the bartenders! Shout out to Joshua at the lounge bar & Anna inside the lobby bar. Awesome & friendly! ! Happy hours 7-8 very relaxing chill. No problem getting drinks. Not too strong made with house liquor but hey its free. 5 minute walk to beach if that! Locatef behind hotel. Wet Willies right on the corner. Awesome stay. Thank you!

Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 August 2014

Good Evening WheelsUp617,

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY!!!!!!!!!!
Thank you for sharing your feedback with us, and all of our future guests! Tavaris is absolutely great and all of our guests seem to think so as well! It seems like you were able to enjoy everything that we have to offer, from the service, to the room and the amenities that we have to offer! Please come back again soon for another memorable time!

Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

The staff was friendly and the room was fairly clean. However the rooms are really small if you have alot of luggage and plan on staying more than 2 days this is not the hotel for you. It is conveniently located 1 block from wet Willies and 1 block from the beach.Barneys is right across the street so you can do some cool shopping. Great place to stay if you are a party animal and just need somewhere to sleep.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends

Hello there Ron H!!

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! Our staff all work hard to make sure that each and every guest is having a splendid time! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel. The location of our property is very central though. We hope that you would stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 30 July 2014

This is the second time that I have stayed at the Chesterfield. Once a few years ago and again just this past weekend. The entire staff was very courteous, polite and very helpful at all times. From the moment you walk in the door to check in until you check out. Jose and Alex are awesome and make you feel very welcomed! When we got there, they ask if I wanted 2 beds or 1. Since I chose 2, we had to wait a little longer for the room to be finished. The guy that was helping get us checked in tell me, we have a room available on the 1st floor with 2 beds, but we want to move you upstairs because it will be less noise. I totally appreciated that! The rooms were so comfy (esp the bed) and very clean. Loved the bathroom/shower, just wish there was more sink space for toiletries.That would probably be my only complaint. That and the key card deactivates if its anywhere near your phone, so you have to keep getting it reactivated. Our toilet had stopped flushing for whatever reason and I told someone at the front desk. They sent someone up right away to fix it and he was in an out in less than 5 minutes. Even the ladies in housekeeping were very nice. Always made sure we had enough towels and supplies, even if we didn't need our room clean. I didn't get a chance to utilize the sun deck on the roof, but will surely do it the next time I stay there. I also LOVE that it's right up the block from Ocean Drive, so close to the retail stores and so close to everything else. I'd recommend this hotel for anyone staying in Miami! I will surely be back!!

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 1 August 2014

Hello Sheena W! We value all of our guests feedback, and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! Our staff all work hard to make sure that each and every guest is having a fantastic time! It seems like you were able to enjoy everything that we offer here at Chesterfield Hotel! Please come back for a third time! We would love to have you!

Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

The staff overall was good and the rooms were very nice and clean... yes I would come back only thing was lack of English from the wait staff which made it hard to get the correct food! Overall I was satisfied!

• Stayed: July 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 July 2014

Good Day Lynn D!! Thank you for sharing your lovely feedback with us, and all of our future guests! We are delighted to read that you had such a great time here at Chesterfield. Customer service means the world to us, so we are content to read that is what you experienced! Please come back again soon! We would love to have you!