“A terrible Stay!!!!”
Review of Chesterfield Hotel

Chesterfield Hotel
Ranked #73 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 21 August 2014

We stayed there for one night while laying over in Miami. The AC was broken and the staff refused to do anything for us, so we could not sleep for the whole night at all. It was 84F in the room. In addition to that, people were partying downstairs until 2am. If you are looking to have a good sleep over the night, don't ever choose this hotel. When we checked out, the staff there did not mention any charge or extra bills to my card, he just told me that I was all set. But when I returned home, it turns out that the hotel charged me $21. Therefore I would not recommend this hotel to anyone.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Senyu Z
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 22 August 2014

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us, Senyu Z!! We are terribly sorry that your time spent with us was not a 5 star one! Unfortunately we were completely sold out the night you were experiencing issues with the A/C. We sent maintenance up to take a look, and they were not able to resolve the issue without help from a professional company. We hope that you can understand that sometimes things happen, that are out of our control. The majority of our guests are here to party , and to have a great time. If we were aware you wanted a quiet room, we would have originally placed you in a room towards the back of the hotel, on a higher floor. Perhaps the charge that was placed on your card was for items consumed from the mini bar. Please contact me directly if you would like me to look into this charge. I look forward in assisting you!

Katrine

Write a ReviewReviews (3,345)

Reviewed 21 August 2014

This hotel is located in the heart of South Beach with plenty of entertainment, restaurants and retail stores in the vicinity. From the front desk staff to the doorman everyone was extremely welcoming and helpful. The room was clean and comfortable. We couldn't have had a better experience during our stay. The airport shuttle pick-up was a short walk away and the doorman, Nelson, guided and helped us with our bags as he noticed we had no idea where to go and we had lots of luggage/shopping bags to carry. Nelson was such a gentleman and we really appreciate him going above and beyond for us. Even the airport shuttle driver was awesome and extremely friendly. My only complaint is not staying longer.

I will definitely stay here again and recommend this hotel!

• Stayed: August 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2014

What a fabulous review MIA4U!! Chesterfield Hotel is located in central South Beach, just blocks from all the hottest spots. We are delighted to know that you were able to experience the lovely service we provide, first hand. I will make sure to share your feedback to the mentioned staff. Our only complaint is that you didn't stay longer as well! :) Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Upon arrival, the front staff was very friendly. They immediately greeted us with smiles and even when our room wasn't ready, they were quick to take our bags and give us towels to get to the beach. The room was clean and well decorated. The decor was modern and fun, but a little romantic at the same time. I loved it. Even a foutainblue guest loved it when he came to check it out. Having beach towels provided was great, and so is the happy hour. The music and weekend DJ in the lobby really brings the place alive. Every time I walked downstairs I was excited, even if it was just relaxing on the outside couches. Jorge, Nelson, and Alex helped a lot in my travel arrangements and what to do around the area. When we first arrived, frazzled from all our bags and the humid air, the manager made time to say hello and ask us if we needed anything.

The location between 8th and 9th is perfect for all the hot spots in south beach. I really wouldn't trade it. I went to look at the rooftop deck, it looked nice but a little smelly from the alley way at the bottom.

Only complaint is that the water in the shower was hot on "cold" and cold on "hot". But hey, I think that if that's my only complaint Chesterfield did a great job. Really a great deal for the price. If you want the pool party experience, this is not the place for you. But, if you are focused on the beach, nightlife, and shops, it is a great location.

Room Tip: Corner rooms have more space!
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends

Hello there annamarierose10,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us, regarding your recent stay! All of our team go out of their way to make sure that everyone is having a splendid time. We are delighted to know tha t you enjoyed your room and the decor that we have used. I will definitely make sure to share your feedback with the mentioned staff. Chesterfield is located in the heart of all the action. Everything you will want to be apart of is all around us. We hope that you will make us your go-to hotel again in the future!

Reviewed 14 August 2014

I booked here through Hotels.com for a 12 hour layover at MIA, on my way to St. Lucia. I was told that they had a hotel shuttle both on the website and by phone. When I arrived and called I was told they didn't have a driver. I took a taxi in the rain at a cost of $40.00. When I arrived the person at the desk, told me in very broken English that I had been "upgraded" to a sister property4 blocks down and I needed to walk those 4 blocks. So, I walked 4 blocks in the rain, with my luggage. When I arrived, They had no Idea, who, I was, why I was there, and it took 30 min to figure it out. When they finally got me checked in almost 3 hour into my 12 hour layover. I ask they give me a 7:00 am wake up call and told them I would need a shuttle to the airport at 8:00. I saw him write it down. Being exhausted, due to my flight and the long delay to check in, I neglected to turn off the wifi hotspot on my phone and the battery died during the night, causing my alarm on my phone not to go off, and my wake up call never came. I missed my flight, and my calls to the hotel went to voicemail, or perpetual, hold. I scrambled to find a room for the night, as there is only one flight to St. Lucia, a day. My 12 hour stay there ended up costing me an extra $500.00 and a day of my vacation. I wouldn't recommend this property to anyone. which is a shame, because the room, itself was very nice.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Eric E
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 August 2014

Hello Eric E,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us, and all of our future guests. We apologize that your time spent with us was not a 5 star one! When we have mechanical issues with the shuttle, we do the best that we can to work around them. Our electric car assists our guests with transferring them from one hotel to another. I am sorry that you were not given this service. I will make sure that this doesn't happen again. I am aware that you were upgraded to a 2 bedroom suite at our lovely Metropole Hotel. All of our internal reports state the wake up call was made. One of our associates even knocked on the door, but you did not wake up. Due to the inconvenience of missing your flight we refunded your stay. We would like to apologize for the inconveniences that you experienced while staying with us!

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Nelson was very helpful and friendly! Great hospitality! He came right to our service with holding our luggage as we were checking out. He set up a car service to take us to the hotel, and it arrived early! Definitely went above and beyond for us. He deserves a raise :)

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank Kerry C
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2014

Good Afternoon Kerry C!!
You are so lovely to write such a wonderful review regarding Nelson! He is such a great asset to our team! I will definitely make sure that he is aware of your kind praise! We hope to have you stay with us again!

Reviewed 10 August 2014

We stayed overnight at the Chesterfield for our 2 day trip to Miami, as a family of 4 (2 Adults & 2 kids) we were given a standard room on the 3rd floor which was more than adequate for our one night stay the rooms are in my opinion for the cost done to a high standard the rain shower is lovely as was the sound system and large TV with plenty of TV channels to choose from, beds are very comfortable.
Check in took a while but that was no fault of the hotels merely the fact that we had arrived as a full coach load so they had a lot of people to deal with and they worked as fast as they could, all the staff we encountered were extremely friendly and knowledgable and one directed us to a great burger bar (Top Burger) a couple of blocks away which served amazing burgers at reasonable prices.
The happy hour 7 - 8pm at night was a great bonus for me as I love Gin & Tonic but it would have been nice if it included beer and not just the selection of shorts or soft drinks on offer as my hubby dosn't drink them but thats just a tiny gripe & certainly didn't spoil our time there.
I've read a lot of reviews complaining about the noise levels etc, personally we all slept very well and didn't hear any noise late at night but it is a party place Miami and I can imagine if you were staying on a low floor or near a lift you may get noise from people coming back late at night but thats not the hotels fault is it, with having our 2 boys with us and after being up since 5.30am we were tucked up in bed watching TV by 9.30 and slept like babies.
The hotel is in a great location just off Ocean Drive and you can get to the beach within 5 mins you can also use the hotels beach towels too so don't need to bring your own, also check out was 12 noon which was great for us we were able to visit the beach in the morning then come back shower and freshen up before hitting the shops, they also locked our cases away and we were able to use the hotel facilities until our pick up time at 3.15.
All in all I would be more than happy to stay here again if visiting Miami and would reccomend it to anyone.

Room Tip: For a good nights sleep request a room on a high floor in the main building
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Chesterfield Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 August 2014

Hello there Louised1972,

Thank you for the time you took to share your recent experience with us! It seems like you enjoyed the time you spent with us! I see that you were able to the happy hour that we offer from 7-8PM. It's a perfect way to start the night off! We are located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks from all the hottest spots. We would love for you and the family to stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 9 August 2014

My wife & I stayed at the Chesterfield Hotel & Suites from 8/3/14 - 8/8/14 in the deluxe suite Room 518 . We needed this vacation to regroup, reconnect & rest, and that we did with the quiet suite that we stayed in. Luis and the rest of the staff treated us very good,and welcoming. We were very comfortable .
This was our 2nd stay here. The first time we stayed in their beautiful Junior Suite. I would recommend this Hotel to my friends and family .

Room Tip: The Suites are the best .
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank knl625

Thank you for your recent visit to Chesterfield Hotel, and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, thanks in part to the excellent service you received from Luis and team. They are indeed rock stars, and they are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner. We look forward to your next visit soon.