“Great Hotel, Great People, Great Location”
Review of Hotel Shelley

Hotel Shelley
Ranked #80 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 1 August 2012

My friend and I stayed here for 3 nights when we visited south beach. First things first the location in amazing! its literally in the heart of south beach. Secondly the people who work there are awesome. The guys that work the front desk were always so helpful and accommodating. Dusko, George and Carlos really made our stay perfect by taking care of everything we asked for, they were really friendly and great. The rooms are nice, and up to date also a shuttle takes you from the airport to the hotel also. I would absolutely stay here again without a doubt!

1  Thank Maja1020
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded 3 August 2012

Good Afternoon Maja1020,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are glad to hear you enjoyed the Hotel Shelley. Dusko, George and Carlos are a great part of our team and are pleased to have them. We look forward to your return.

Vibe Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,600)

Reviewed 30 July 2012

I booked the hotel the day before my arrival through expedia. So, it was quite expensive. When I arrived at the hotel, the agent could not find my reservation. After about 5 minutes, he was able to locate my reservation. I had requested two queen beds, but he wanted to give us one queen bed. I told him that I booked two queens beds and he said that sometime cannot honor the request He finally gave in and addedhe said he was not going to charge me for the two queen beds. I already had paid enough money for the 3 nights. (I didn't say anything, I just thanked him)
The room was pretty nice. The beds were comfortable. The AC was working, the room was cold, though the AC at times was making these loud noisy. The music was playing when we entered the room. We thought we had the wrong room. There was a small refrigerator and a nice TV set. One of the things I did not like is that the room was pretty dark. It must have been the colors of the wall that gives this gothic dark look. The bathroom was plain and also dark. There was a light bulb out. Also the sink was leaking. I brought it to the attention of the front desk and action was taken right away.
They had free shuttle to the Miami airport and a free cocktail hour in the evening. Too bad I did not take advantage of these two free things.
The staff was good. Especially Chris the Bellman and Dusko the front desk agent, these two men were super. They were very pleasant and extremely helpful.
I would consider staying at this hotel again, but I think there are better hotels for the money I paid.
Next time I would book an hotel further north. Perfect location 10-15 th street. Much cheaper

Room Tip: Request a room away from the lobby, they always play loud music.

Good Afternoon Cos B,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are glad you enjoyed your stay. Our hotel is very lucky for having the great staff like Darko and Chris . We look forward to seeing you again soon in the future

Reviewed 17 July 2012

The worst thing about the hotel is not specific of this one. You get a price on the web and then you have to pay all kinds of taxes and fees, which adds up a sum of almost 25%.

Another bad thing was that I requested on booking.com two beds, once I was travelling with my mate. When we got there they said it was a double bed because we didn't book it directly. So, take care with special requests and write them directly. The guy who "got" us the room with two bed did it as he was doing a favor, which was really a shame.

Great location, close to the beach, to the nightlife of SoBe and the shopping area, though. The rooms are small but with high quality and clealiness. Apart from that episode, staff is great, especially Dusko and Marina, who were really helpful and nice.

Don't come here if you expect calm. It's a party place!

Room Tip: Another bad thing was that I requested on booking.com two beds, once I was travelling with my mate...
  • Stayed: June 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank Rodrigo T

Good Afternoon Olivier,

Thank your for posting your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your time on South Beach. Darko and Chris are a great asset to our company and we are pleased to have them. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 17 July 2012

I LIKED: The hotel is small and located in the heart of SOBE (South Beach/Miami Beach) 3 minutes walk from Ocean drive - I received an upgrade in the suite with Jacuzzi - Professional and welcoming receptionist Dusko and bellman Chris especially-
I DIDNT LIKE: No WIFI in the rooms, only in the lobby. Lobby is more a karaoke/disco than a lobby, so difficult to use SKYPE for example. Noisy corridors and neighbors. No lift. Don't expect a hello or a smile from the manager. He is there for his staff not for his clients.
CONCLUSIONS: if you want to enjoy Miami Beach' atmosphere for a week-end, and you like loud music, this is the place. A good hotel with a central location. And a special mention for Dusko who is of real help.

• Stayed: June 2012, travelled on business
Steve_Sbg_Vibe_Mgr, Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

OlivierCBrussels,

Thank you for taking the time to post your honest review. Seems as if the WiFi the day of your stay might have been down. Did you mention to anyone about the WiFi ? I will report this to our team for review. South Beach is a lively city and it is hard to find a quiet moment. Feel free to download our free smartphone app. There you can find some amazing rates for our sister properties that are snuggled away in the quiet corners of South Beach. We look forward to your return.

Reviewed 16 July 2012

I was surprised at how much I enjoyed my stay at the Shelley Hotel. I read reviews that included hotel switching, resort fees (15$), random charges, and loud music. We arrived and they checked us in without any problems, I have been monitoring my account and there was a 6$ charge added although we did not use anything in the room (asked credit card to remove), no resort fee (but we paid 75$ via Airbnb and it was included), and yes, the music was loud but we were so exhausted that it really didn't bother us at all. It's like a mild thumping over the DJ area on the second floor.

There were only 2 of us in the room so the space was perfect. It's small but not microscopic. The bathroom was clean and so was the room. GET IT if you want to be near the beach. I've stayed farther up the strip but this was absolutely worth it.

They hand out towels for the beach and if you are leaving after checkout, you can walk across the street to the Chesterfield Hotel, go downstairs to the women's bathroom, and there is a convenient shower there!

The desk attendants were super helpful and extremely nice. They held our luggage until we left.

Overall, this hotel is a great value especially with the location (LOCATION!). I'd definitely stay here again. Keep in mind that overnight parking is roughly 18$ (7th street garage). So factor that into your cost.

Room Tip: Stay further back in the hotel if you don't want to hear the music at night. It will go on unti...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled as a couple

Good Afternoon Vadinne,

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. We are pleased to hear you enjoyed your stay at The Hotel Shelley. We hope to see you again soon.

Reviewed 15 July 2012

I was in miami for my 26th bday and stayed at the Shelley Hotel. It was a great stay for the price. The hotel offers free shuttle to and from the miami international airport, free happy hour from 7-8pm every night, and other perks suck as VIP (front of line) passes to Miami's hottest clubs in south beach. THe hotel is in the perfect location on Collins avenue, one block away from Ocean's drive (Mangos), and 2 blocks from the beach (oceanfront.) Two blocks to the right of the hotel is the shopping..as far as service is concerned..management was wonderful and very helpful. All employees I came across were very friendly and helpful. THe only downside is the rooms are kind of small, yet nice. If you are going as a couple, its perfect. But if you go with a group of 3 or more, it can be cramped. But the ambiance is really nice. I would give this hotel a 4.5 ouf of 5. Tip...the hotel does charge $15 per day resort fees, but if you book (prepay) with expedia its all included in the price ;)

Room Tip: First floor is loud due to constant music playing in lobby and bar area being near by but if you'...
Reviewed 14 July 2012

First let me start by saying "a resort fee" ? Are u kidding me?!? The room is tiny! Too say the least. Lighting is terrible. They only have lamps. Bathroom seat was broken. Tv had static. With all that being said. The price was good. BUT I rather pay more and not see roaches crawling around!!! Made my skin crawl ! Hopefully - I will not take any of these critters home with me!!!

• Stayed: July 2012

Good Afternoon StormyL,

Thank you for taking the time to post a review on tripadvisor. Rest assure this is an isolated incident. We have addressed all necessary repairs. We look forward to your return.