Hotel Shelley
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$441
US$425
  • Beachfront
Chesterfield Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$277
Good 3.5/5
US$345
US$314
  • Beachfront
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$241
US$204
  • Beachfront
Gale South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$244
US$209
  • Restaurant
Dream South Beach(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$313
US$604
US$417
galahotels.com
  • Pool
Red South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$247
US$209
Travelocity
1,641 results
All reviewshappy hourfree drinksfront desksouth beachfree shuttleairport shuttleocean driveperfect locationenjoyed my stayrooms are smallbeach towelsspring breakbartendernelsonblockmiamiana
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 25 November 2013

i liked this hotel but no breakfast or complimentary services. Good location, nicely decorated, but music at night gets too loud in the lobby that you can bearly listen to the front desk clerk. The hotel is modern and comfortable though. the price is quite high but the location cant be better.

Reviewed 22 November 2013

Our stay was booked through an agent, who said it had 3 stars - it dosn't its a 2 star hotel. Well thats okay - but it only went downhill from there!
The first day out toilet broke, and there was water everywhere. We called the reception to get them to clean up, and fix it.
Fix it they did - but clean no!
There was poop and water in the corners of the bathroom, and around the toilet. Again we asked them to clean it. They didn't.
After 5 days there, it still had not been cleaned.

Beyond that episod with the toilet, I would not recommend this hotel, unless you want a ever going party. In the reception there is a party every night, and you can hear the music from the rooms (ours was the one furthest away from the reception)

Also the beds are very uncomfortable, and the safe for your things is placed on the floor.

On a more positive note, they have free shuttle for the airport, thats nice - put you also pay 15 dollar a day as a service charge - on top of the price you allready paid.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded 1 December 2013

Hello there tanja h,

We thank you for taking the time to write a review and relay us your experience at Hotel Shelley! We take all of our guests comments very serious and though it pains us to read that yours wasn't positive, we do see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow! Hotel Shelley is indeed a 2 1/2 star boutique hotel. I am extremely sorry to read that your toilet was defected and fell apart, this is something that can happen anywhere but I am glad that we were able to fix it. I will definitely make sure to inform the Director of Housekeeping why they did not clean the mess up. Though situations like yours are rare, it is something that we must always be vigilant about as we continually try to enrich your stay with the best boutique experience. The next time you're in South Beach, I would love the chance to personally make sure that your next stay with us is an all-out success!!!!

Reviewed 20 November 2013

Unfortunately I had a few problems with my stay. Working for the Waldorf Astoria I have set expectations on how customer service and customer relations should be handled.
I was very disappointing with the way I was treated from the moment I walked into the door.
I am a repeat customer of the South Beach Group Hotels and personally love the unique boutique experience.I had made the reservation with Manny (a reservations agent) from the South Beach Group Friday afternoon at 2:45pm for a Saturday evening check in. I provided him with my card information and was sent a confirmation e-mail almost immediately. Everything seemed to go well up to this point.

Once getting to Miami on Saturday I arrived at Hotel Shelly at 4:00 to check into my room and clean up to go out for the night. After providing my confirmation number and showing my confirmation e-mail to your front desk staff they proceeded to tell me that Manny had made the reservation for Friday night instead of Saturday night. To my confusion, your staff said they could do nothing about it and were blaming me that I was the one who made the reservation for the wrong night. They educated me on how your hotel was sold out for the night and left ME to call Manny the reservation agent, after standing at the desk for almost 45 minutes while they clicked around your reservation management system clueless (as you have a mirror behind your desk showing the customer everything they are doing). Once I got a hold of Manny, he never once took the blame for making the wrong reservation date but suddenly got very defensive but told me repeatedly hes sorry there is absolutely nothing I he could do for me. At this point after over an hour of standing in the lobby I asked what your front desk agent could do for me. After speaking to the assistant manager they told me they had a room available across the street at the Chesterfield. I have stayed there before and was very happy with my room so I told them that I would be happy to go across the street, I just did not want to waste anymore time. They told me they would have to charge me an even higher rate ($20 more) than I was quoted. This made me very upset, after messing up my reservation, being sold out, having to change hotels and waiting in the lobby of Hotel Shelly for over an hour I was paying more for a room. It is not the $20 I am worried about, it is the fact that if this happened anywhere else, especially at the Waldorf Astoria they would gladly comp or provide a reduced rate to our customer who has been inconvenienced. Here I was paying a higher rate and treated like a clueless blonde. I was not expecting a reduced rate, I just wanted to pay the same rate I was quoted and go on with my night. This brought me to tears because I was so frustrated, and treated very poorly. My party was very upset at this point and just decided to go with it and not worry about the extra money, we had already wasted over an hour and a half after having to provide my credit card info all over again and move all of our baggage across the street.

I was happy with the room, the beds were clean however one did not have a fitted sheet (we did not even bother to call and complain) as we just wanted to shower and get ready to enjoy the night.

The thing that I am upset about is you now have lost 4 repeat local customers in their mid 20's who may have used this hotel or group of hotels well until they age on a monthly basis.

This exact comment was sent to Katrine Beltran (Guest Relations Manager) for South Beach Group hotels and weeks later I have still not received any response over a month later, yet alone a simple apology.

Very unique hotels, great location, competitive prices but the ABSOLUTE WORST customer service, guest relations and recovery management I have ever seen or could ever imagine!

For someone who has done a lot of traveling, studied, is employed and grown up in the hospitality business. This is an unfortunate circumstance.

GUEST BEWARE!

Room Tip: Ask for a Villa!
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank amermanda
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded 22 November 2013

Good Evening Mrs. Melymuka,

Thank you for taking your time to provide us with your honest feedback! We would like to apologize greatly for the negative experience that you had with us! I apologize that it has taken me several days to respond to your email as I was waiting for all of the information from the management at Shelley! I spoke with them and unfortunately your reservation was indeed made for the wrong date. I understand that you had spoken with Tavaris the Assistant General Manager and showed him your confirmation that said that you reservation was for the day before you had arrived. We were sold out when you had arrived and Tavaris offered you a room at our sister hotel- Chesterfield which was right across the street. He could not honor the rate of your missed reservation, but he did offer you a discounted rate ($40.00 off of the rate quoted online). You were also upgraded to a suite as a complimentary courtesy. We did everything that we could on our end to provide you with the best possible service that we could, but it was indeed a mistake that was not made on our end. If it were we would have definitely honored the rate but you did show Tavaris the confirmation which was for the day before you had originally arrived. In this case that your confirmation letter shows the wrong information the guest is to contact the hotel as soon as they receive this confirmation to let us know we booked you for the wrong date, and we would have gladly changed it right away. We take our guests comments very seriously and though it pains us to hear that you experience wasn't positive, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow.

Katrine Beltran

Reviewed 15 November 2013

That is a horrible hotel and totally different from the pictures.
The smell is horrible inside the rooms and the cleanest is not good at all.
It seems to be a place to do sex instead of a hotel.

I arrived around 3:30 PM and need to stayed at hotel till 6:30 to be completed checked in due to problems with room.
Firstly the room has a problem with the door that I was not able to close perfectly but the manager said it was fine. Even thought I was being able to open the door when forcing it, without the card.
They changed us to another room that the window has no locker on that and them changed us to another room again.
This other room had problems with the air conditioner but I gave up to complain about and leave to Miami Heat game.

Tavari is the auxiliary manager and he treated me very strange when I complained about the window locker. It seemed to be, by looking at his face, that he would do a bad thing with me but fortunately it has not happened.

The location is only the good thing since it is near the Ocean Drive.

Well, definitely, choose another place to go.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded 17 November 2013

Hello there RichardinhoMorais,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback with us regarding your recent stay. I am extremely sorry to read that your time spent with us was not amazing! The photo's that we have on our site is what you will see when you get here. I will definitely make sure to inform the Directory of Housekeeping your comment regarding the smell of the room. We have been sold out therefore it has taken a bit longer for things to be resolved. We work as fast and as efficient as we can to get everything done good and right. We take our guests comments very seriously and though it pains us to hear that your experience wasn't positive, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow. The next time that you are back in town, I would love the chance to personally make sure your stay with us is an all-out success!!

Reviewed 14 November 2013

Omg what an experience I stayed here in July for my sisters birthday when we first arrived the hotel seemed to be nice we checked in and went upstairs to our room. First the hallway reeked of pee yuck ! The room was well put together a little dark and small but you get what you pay for the first night was good until we seen a huge ROACH crawl from under the bed ! We went downstairs immediately but unfortunately they were not able to accommodate us at the time they just had someone spray the room with roach spray the next day we changed rooms and seen 2 more ROACHES people were at the front desk complaining how they had roaches in their hair bags and in the shower. Hotel Shelly needs to get this problem under control they have a roach infestation. I seen a review in which the manager tried to say they don't have a roach infestation they just have a problem with bugs furring the summer ... It's a lie this place is INFESTED with roaches other than that the bartender from California was awesome she was very nice I forgot her name but overall do not stay if you don't like roaches

• Stayed: July 2013
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 November 2013

Hello Tpierce92,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We take our guests comments very serious and though it pains us to hear that your experience with us was not positive, we see every opportunity as a chance to learn and to grow. Though situations like yours are rare, it is something that we must always be vigilant about as we continually try to enrich your stay with the best boutique experience in South Beach! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are a bit smaller then your average hotel room. We do like to keep the rooms dark and relaxed. We do offer extra lamps for those guests who would like more light in their room. Unfortunately sometimes there are critters that enter into the rooms, during the summer time where it's hot and muggy. During rainy season they tend to come out more due to the humidity. We have a professional company come out and fumigate every week, and we also preform in house fumigation by our maintenance team throughout the week. We are working hard to make sure that these critters stay out. We apologize for the inconvenience!