“Could've been better”

Ranked #90 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
“Could've been better”
Reviewed 10 April 2014

Room was too small and bartender and doorman that work the night shift was very rude. Damian and Alton made my stay better with just being very nice and helpful. Them two especially Damian was the reason I didn't go stay at another hotel. I really recommend that they get raise or something for helping me out.

• Stayed April 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Good Evening BW24,

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your feedback with us! We are indeed a boutique hotel therefore our rooms are smaller then your average hotel room. I will make sure to inform the General Manager about your feedback regarding the service you were given by our team! Damian and Alton are lovely and all of our guests love them! I will make sure to inform them of your kind praise!

Katrine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (197)
  • Czech first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 8 April 2014

I really enjoyed myself staying here. Friendly staff guen at the front desk was very helpful and Oliver assisted in everything he could. I would differently be back and refer this hotel to friends. The service made me want to come back a little sooner. Comfortable room and peaceful

• Stayed April 2014
1 Thank Applejuice2020
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, 9 April 2014
Hello there Applejuice2020,

We value all of our guests feedback and we are delighted to read that you had an amazing time here with us! Our staff works hard to make sure that each and every guest is well taken care of and having a great time! I will make sure to inform Guen and Oliver of your kind praise! :) Please come back soon for another memorable time!

Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 April 2014

The hotel itself is a little old but the staff were super friendly! Pedro and Gwen were very helpful and ensured we got a quiet room with two queen beds even though it wasn't on the reservation. I would definitely recommend this place.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alex F
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, 3 April 2014
Hello there Alex F,

We appreciate the time you took to share your wonderful feedback with us! We are delighted to read that you had a nice time here with us! Pedro our front desk agent is lovely and so is Gwen! I will make sure that they are both aware of your kind praise! We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Tenero, Switzerland
Reviewed 2 April 2014

Monel was the best bellman I ever met!!!The whole entire time I was over at the shelley he kept me company even when my friends left me at the hotel alone.He got me everything i need(ice,towel,and even carried my super heavy bag to the 3rd floor).He is very sweet and helpful with directions to places.I highly recommend he gets a raise or a promotion.Hopefully when i come back he is still work at the Shelley! Thank you so much Monel for everything and i wish you the best. =)

1 Thank kayla d
Good Day kayla d,

Thank you for the time you took to share your feedback with us and all of our future guests! Monel is a great bellmen and takes his job very seriously! He knows what outstanding customer service is all about! I will make sure that he is aware of your lovely praise! Please come back for another memorable time! We would love to have you!

San Francisco, California
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I highly recommend you to visit bar at the Shelley Hotel in South Beach Miami florida ! Anna works as a bartender there and she is absolute sweetheart ! She was there to take our order and returned with drinks in a timely manner, also she is super cute and fun girl to be around ! we all loved her ! Thank you darling for everything , tons of laughs :))))))

Hello there sveta s.

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you for sharing yours with us and all of our future guests! We are delighted to know that you had a great time here! Anna is great and all of our guests seem to think the same. We hope that you will come and visit us again in the future!

Atlanta, Georgia
Reviewed 30 March 2014

I visited this hotel last week. Valet took long, room keys didn't work, housekeeping never had enough towels. They have happy hour & music in lobby. Alton, front desk & Monel the bellman were helpful.

Room Tip: Bring your own towels.
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this review, 31 March 2014
Hello there Alise M,

Thank you for sharing your honest feedback regarding your recent experience with us. We advise guests to call for their cars 30-45 minutes prior to them needing it. When there is a high demand for cars, it an take longer for time for our valet to bring everyone's cars. We also inform our guests not to place their room keys next to their phones. The phones deactivate the magnetic strip on your key card. We apologize for any inconveniences you experienced! I will definitely make sure to inform Alton of your great praise!

Reviewed 28 March 2014

I am a regular at Hotel Shelley, this is probably my 7th time here and 9th time in sobe. What brings me back is location(!), excellent and accommodating staff (ask for Pedro, Gwen and Alex) and rooms perfect enough for sleeping and beach/shopping breaks. They have an open bar every night and an airport shuttle as well which is an added bonus. Overall you really can't beat Hotel Shelley-trust me I've tried. I will definitely be back!

• Stayed March 2014
Good Day stinafromdc,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! We absolutely love our loyal returning guest! We are definitely located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks away from all the action! All of our staff here are eager to serve our greats, with excellent customer service! We offer great amenities such as the complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM and shuttle service, to just name a few. Please come back again soon! We would love to have you for an 8th time! :)