“I loved this Hotel What is all the bad write ups all about???”
Review of Hotel Shelley

Hotel Shelley
Ranked #81 of 210 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 3 August 2010

I looked online at this hotel and it seemed fine!!! so i booked , Then when i looked on trip advisor I found bad write ups and was not looking forward to it at all, but i had paid so I went along expecting to check out asap!!! NOT AT ALL!!!
This Hotel was spotlessly clean, Very attractive, Art deco boutique chic and inexpensive and interior was stylish Set in a great location central to anything in South Beach,The Staff were so friendly it humbled me..
All i can think of it must be competitors trying to discredit a very welcoming clean and friendly busy Hotel, Happy hour ...great plan!! I was taken to the Airport when i left ....free.
I would not hesitate to recommend any of my friends there.
I have stayed in 5 Hotels in Miami, Lowes, President, Delano, and another 2 unmentionables!!! but i can honestly say i was happy in the Shelley and would return there on my next trip to Miami.
I made a little video which i would be Happy to redirect anyone to if they want to see more
There is no pool but the beach is 2 mins around the corner, we can sit by pools anywhere!!! why do that when you go to South Beach ??? No pool was needed !!!
Thank you Hotel Shelly for an outstanding service.
Carina Scott
London/ Edinburgh/

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled on business
1  Thank carina123London
MiguelangeloSBG, Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded 14 August 2010

Dear Carina,
Thank you so very much for your great review, we are very happy to know that you really enjoyed your stay with us at the Shelley Hotel. I will make sure all of our staff hears your great compliments. Please let me know when are you planning on coming back to visit us, I would like to say hello in person. You may contact me directly to help you book your next stay with us!
I hope to see you very soon!

There are newer reviews for Hotel Shelley

Reviewed 27 July 2010

Great hotel great location great service free happy hour. One block from the beach and all the hot spots. I stay at this hotel everytime I'm in South Beach.

Dear Mcnabtravel

Thank you very much for your sweet review, straight to the point.
We are very happy to hear that you like the Shelley Hotel very much.
Whenever you are ready call me, I'll be very happy to assist you make your new reservation.
We can't wait to host you again in our home.
Please come back soon.

Reviewed 25 July 2010

"Hotel Shelley"
Collins Ave and 9th........ right between Ocean and Washington. Where you want to be if you decide the beach...one block away....... if you decide night life.... one block the other way. Just let the Valet park your car, grab a beach towel from the front desk and head to the beach. Dont forget to be back for open bar where the staff are great and meet new people. Perfect to fit your budget for your trip.

Andrew

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends

Dear Babo19

Thank you very much for your feedback.
It looks like you know the Shelley Hotel in and out, Great!
We are very happy to know you enjoyed your visit to South Beach.
Call us directly so we can help you make your next visit to the Shelley Hotel most enjoyable.
We hope to see you back soon.

Best regards,

Reviewed 12 July 2010

For the price rooms are very good, it reminded me of a cheap version of W Hotels, trying to be very hip, with their music in the lobby, the scent they spray in the hotel, amenities in the room, tv, etc. I had a nice room, eventhough they are small. But you know if you go to South Beach you dont really spend too much time in the room. The only bad comment I had to say is that when I was checking in they asked for the Credit Card which I understand, but I told RAFAEL the Front Desk clerk that I did not want him to blocked any money from my CC as it is an international card and that money will take forever to get back into my account, I work in hotels and I know how that goes, I told him I could give him cash instead, but he refused and he told me right away if I wanted I could just cancelled my reservation and leave the hotel. Wow!!! Nice Hospitality RAFAEL! Maybe you did not get what working in the "Hospitality Industry" is all about, he could have been more flexible, and give options and not tell me to leave right away! I always travel to South Beach from abroad and any other hotel are more than happy to get cash and a copy of my CC. But well, hopefully next time they will be more flexible or just get rid of RAFAEL. I will certainly give another chance to Shelley Hotel or any of the SouthBeachGroup of Hotels! Nice rooms, but for the price I am sure they cant afford better trained staff, just like never-smiling RAFAEL.

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 June 2010

If you're looking to party in South Beach, then this is the hotel for you. It's literally only a block away from the beach. There are tons of restaurants and retail shops within a couple of blocks. If you want to go into downtown Miami, there's a bus stop not too far and you can catch a bus that takes you straight there.
The lobby has a happy hour from 7-8 with free drinks and all shots were $5 all day/night (even Patron!). There was a DJ each night we were there (Thurs-Sun nights) playing awesome music all night and there's always a lot of young people in the lobby and outside (dancing/drinking and whatnot). Out of all the hotels we walked by, this hotel seemed to be the hottest one (and I don't mean temperature). We had the room closest to the lobby and though you could hear the music and the people, it wasn't so loud to the point where you couldn't fall asleep at night. Personally, I thought it was nice falling asleep to the latest Kaskade album playing in the background.
We had a room with two beds. It was somewhat small but not excessively so. The air conditioning worked well, maybe too well. May isn't that hot so we didn't find that we needed the a/c on. If you need beach towels they offer them at the front desk.
There's a free shuttle that takes you to MIA but we were flying out of FLL. We asked the front desk to call us a cab to pick us up at around 4:30 am to take us to the airport and they had him there a few minutes early, so that was nice. The cab driver was cool and apparently he picks people up there a lot so maybe you'll run into him.
Overall, I found that this hotel was great for young people trying to have a good time in South Beach. If you are going to SoBe hoping for a glamorous stay w/ concierge waiting on you hand and foot, then this is not the place for you. Otherwise, I would highly recommend it.

• Stayed: May 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 31 May 2010

We booked 3 rooms with 1king bed for 3 couples through Hotels.ca but when we arrived at "Hotel" Shelley the room were not available, and without explanation they decided to switch us over to one of their sister hotels.
Andres Benitez the hotel manager claimed they did not guarantee hotel availability, just rooms. not a big deal the other hotel was close....
We got there and they only had 1 room available!!
I tried getting in contact with Andres Benitez but he was nowhere to be found 20 minutes after he personally promised me our 3 rooms.
We ended up wasting about 3-4 hours talking to Hotels.ca till they gut us a room in another hotel.
Not sure who is at fault, Hotels.ca or the hotel but Andres Benitez definitely did not care enough to help.

Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Mike_V_2536
Reviewed 4 May 2010

My boyfriend and I went for a quick relaxing weekend trip to our favorite city, Miami. When we got to Hotel Shelly, we were charged "resort fees & deposits ". Believe me folks, this is no resort. The hallways smell of urine, and we woke to find several dead roaches next to our bed. They decided to bomb for roaches, and didnt tell their guests on the first floor. The manager of the hotel offered nothing to comp. for the roaches, or no explanation as to why we were not informed about the bombing, as though this is normal practice, and that we should expect to see the roaches next to our bed....... This place is a nightmare. I dont care how cheap it is......... its def. not worth it.

• Stayed: April 2010, travelled as a couple
MiguelangeloSBG, Guest Relations Manager at Hotel Shelley, responded to this reviewResponded 26 June 2010

Dear chico1981

We are very sorry your last visit to the Shelley Hotel wasn’t as nice as you wished.
Please let us make your next visit to South Beach most enjoyable.
Give us a call at your earliest convenience so we can help you plan your getaway!
Best regards,