“Great Price, Great Location, Great Service”
Review of Century Hotel

Century Hotel
Ranked #182 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great Price, Great Location, Great Service”
Reviewed 8 September 2010

this is the second time I have stayed at this boutique hotel right on Ocean Drive. It has a great location being minutes away from the beach and short walk to the many bars and restaurants along Ocean Drive or you could pop next door to Danny DeVitos restaurant! The rooms are very clean and all you can ask for at the great prices on offer. You could pay double to stay at the Marriott across the road but you will not get the same great service which is personable and very friendly. i would recommend to anyone who would like to stay on the famous Ocean Drive at a great price....you will not be disappointed!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled on business

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 20 August 2010

This hotel is in a great location, being directly across the street from the beach and walking distance to great nightlife and entertainment. As the other postings mentioned, this is NOT a luxury hotel, but it's a great, clean place and very affordable as well. The rooms were very simple, with clean hardwood floors and a decent sized bathroom. While we were there, aesthetic work seemed to be constantly taking place. Whether there were rooms being painted or carpets being shampooed, great care went into making this place a clean and comfortable environment. The staff were all very accommodating and pleasant. We did note that the noise could be problematic at times. We usually had the air conditioner on at night, which helped filter out a lot of the noise. However, late night stragglers who would slam doors and garbage trucks at 8 a.m. may be a problem for some who are light sleepers. Honestly, I can't imagine it being any better at any other place in South Beach, since most of the other hotels would be extremely close to the blaring music of nearby restaurants or bars anyhow. All in all, this was a great find and we would definitely come back!

• Stayed August 2010, travelled as a couple
Killeen, Texas
Reviewed 4 August 2010

Just wanted to go to South Beach after leaving Disney World. The hotel web site made it look very nice and a good place to stay. To start there is no parking for 4 blocks. You will pay at least $20 for parking. The restaurant next door plays loud music until about 3 am, which allowed no sleep for my family. The AC in the room didn't keep the small room I had very cool. I had the biggest room the offer and it was small. There was always two dogs in the lobby of the hotel, following you around. The windows in the room were either broken or didn't close properly. I called after making my reservation and asked for a room with two beds. The lady on the phone said we have three left no problem. When I checked in they didn't have a room for me and issued me two keys to a room. When I walked in the room someone was already staying in that room. They could not give me a room with two beds, but instead gave my a king size bed room. I was not told anything about a upgrade fee. When I checked out nothing mention except you all taken care of. When I viewed my bank account upon returning home, I was charge $101. The room has no towels for the beach, but you can rent them from the desk at $5 each. I went to get two towels and they only had one left, so I got it and it was dirty. Location is good, but not a place for a family or nice romantic night with a partner. If I had not paid before getting to Miami I would have stayed somewhere else. The TV and CD player sat on a shelf designed to store food in a storage room of a restaurant. They sure didn't spend any money on decor. No pictures on the wall. Reminded me of a dorm room, not a Hotel. This shouldn't be considered a Hotel. Stay Away.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

portland, me
Reviewed 27 June 2010

We spent two weeks in Miami for my husband's job. We stayed at the Century on weekdays and family on weekends. The staff were amazingly accommodating to our schedule and to the needs of our eight month old baby. Traveling with an eight month old is an amazing adventure and is fun most of the time but can be stressful. Staying at the Century made the two weeks easy! Though the rooms are small, there is plenty of communal space - a computer room, breakfast area etc. and I was able to spread out a small blanket and let the baby play!! The location is family friendly as the hotel is on a quiet end of Ocean Drive but still walkable to everything. There is also a small play park across the street from the hotel. One of the most impressive aspects of the hotel is the camaraderie between staff - it felt like a small family. I will definitely stay here next time we are in Miami Beach!

• Stayed March 2010, travelled on business
Ft. Lauderdale
Reviewed 15 May 2010

This little boutique hotel is a great bargain for anyone wanting to stay in South Beach/Miami. The hotel has been remodeled, very clean, great hospitality, and right across the street from the beach, just south of one of the main streets. A real pleasure.

• Stayed May 2010, travelled as a couple
Montreal
Reviewed 19 April 2010

The hotel is located South of Fifth. Next to the best restaurants in South Beach and across the street from Nikki Beach and Starbucks.

The hotel is basic and the prices are good considering you're in a prime location in South Beach. A excellent option is your traveling on a budget.

• Stayed May 2009, travelled solo
MI
Reviewed 11 March 2010

This Hotel was a joke and a waste of time. I am not sure where to start but I stayed in the hotel for three days/night and it was hell. The bed was very uncomfortable that I would not let my dog sleep on. The pillows were beat up and it was like sleeping on a towel. The windows were filthy dirty. The windows could not be closed totally allowing heat and noise all night long. The air conditioner would work for 10 min then died with an error message of E4 which was not fixed after complaining twice. We opened the windows to cool the room, so we could not sleep because of the noise. There are no screens on the windows so the mosquitoes were welcome to our room as an all you can eat buffet while we were asleep. The hotel had no night stand in the room and no area to sit. They had a wired looking cloth seat that once you sit on it you can feel the metal trying to pierce through your skin. The bed frame was bigger than the bed so every time I walked by I would painfully run into the side of the bed. The complementary breakfast was something that you would feed animals more like. They had four big jars of cheese, peanut butter, and something else that they would put out for everyone to use and then put back and the next day they would use the same jars. The toaster did not work. Some one might say I just had a bad experience, well, I am just telling you; do not stay in that hotel and I can publish photos of everything I am talking about. This hotel should not be two stars and should cost a lot less than the asking price. You can stay there if you do not care about cleanliness, comfort and if you will not be in your room more than few hours. This hotel should be more for the homeless for a quick night of sleep.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled on business