Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$283
Hotels.com
  • Beachfront
The Betsy - South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$518
US$466
Official Site
US$421
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$341
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$252
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$272
US$253
  • Pool
The Palms Hotel & Spa(Miami Beach)
US$261
US$227
Hotels.com
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$210
US$204
US$528
US$329
Agoda.com
  • Beachfront
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$390
US$371
  • Beachfront
All reviewssouth beachocean driveenjoyed my stayshower headawesome locationnight lifeblockmiamiwalgreens
Reviewed 30 December 2013

Compared to the swanky hotels in South Beach, this is a budget option. Should have paid more as my wife gave me hell for a month after. You get what you pay for! The location is good and a multistorey carpark nearby means you do not have to pay for valet parking. The room was clean; a bit small but adequate. Reception guys were good, the girl surly. Breakfast, in the lobby, a joke; we tried it once then eat out. This is not a bad place, just not very good. And not worth the $145 per night I paid. Don't bother with the Miami bus tours, expensive waste of half-a-day, as all the action is nearby.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 28 December 2013

I stayed in this "Place" which reminded me of a Brothel first off Poor Low lighting . Red lights down hallways. Room so small u cant move and nowhere to put things. (was told a room could fit 5 people , we were over crowded with 3 and NOWHERE to put bags ) Dirty curtains (outside window was a alley and windows have not be cleaned in god knows how long) Robes were from other hotels & looked dingy, along with bath towels and washclothes that were as thin as tissue. We had to walk to walgreens and buy sheets and towels and washclothes. The staff was not friendly at all, was unknowledgable to any question we asked. (channels on tv, times or locations of something) There is NO ice machine & u have to get ice from the "bar" which is only open whenever & the staff acts as if its an inconvienence to get you ice. There was a concierge but not available when we wanted to plan events so we planned our own & when calling the front desk for a address of an event we had planned we were connected to this Consierge whom stated everything needed to be booked thru him & he hung up on us leaving us to miss the event we prepaid for ! Then we were asked to see "sister properties" for time share or something since we denied, the gentleman started to curse at us & call us names. (only to apologize as we checked out days later , which was clearly on there camera @ front desk) We were charged $8 for water (when u get 1 free water bottle a day which we had to remind the houskeeping to give us daily) But upon chk/in & chk/out we took pictures of mini bar so was later refunded after throwing a fit at the desk. The beds are mattresses on a base low to the floor with old bedding. The bathroom had poor lighting and a cracked shower door and when we used towels to clean up the water the towels were black from the dirty floor. When we were checking in we waited over an hour for Housekeeping to check the room & twice during our stay they entered the room without knocking. The patio furniture was removed to use at the "sister hotel" which left guest sitting and smoking on the front entrance steps & blocking the doorway. There is no continential breakfast and whats for sale is just a insult at $2 for a cup of juice or small box of cereal @ the bar. THE PICTURES ON LINE ARE VERY DECIEVEING As soon as we checked out we called Choice Hotels to complain & also contacted the hotel Management. Choice tryed to offer us a $50 gift card but for the $900 we paid for 4 days & the fact that EVERY hotel was booked (Memorial Day Weekend) we had no choice to stay there . a $50 gift card was not acceptable . So with hope the HOTEL management would want to SATISFY there guest we contacted a MATT C. He offered no compensation (didnt even try ) actually ignored my emails and calls for 2 weeks ( I have copies of all emails) then Matt proceeded to threaten me with contacting my General Manager as I am a Hotel employee(With Choice Hotels) & I guess I should have no opinion or should have not expected any compensation. And Matts Then denied me to speak with any other Manager or OWNER. I tryed to go thru Chamber of Commerce in Miami & everything led me back To Matt C. . I think this place lacks ANY respect for there guests & working in a Hotel I would do everything in my power to make my Guests happy (as I Do) I would NOT EVER stay there again obviously & I surely would NOT recommend it eithier! I did not even want to share the disappointment I had on tripadvisor in hope the "Management" would try to come to some type of agreement to satisfy the diappointment & horrible stay we had, But I dont think Matt C cares too much about the guests only collecting our money!

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Steelerbaby
Reviewed 24 December 2013

I was there for 5 nights paid $161 plus resort fee. Let's start with the location is excellent. 2 blocks from the beach. Couldn't ask for more. But rooms are small & along with the bathroom needs brighter lights. With 2 people in the room we had to live out our suitcases for 5 nights had no place to put clothes. Had a friend staying in the joining room the front desk had no key to open the door between rooms. Suppose to have a fridge it won't get cold and when I asked the front desk about it I was told it's not a fridge but a cooler. The fridge/cooler still had stuff from the previous guest in it and smelled every time you opened it. The beach towels where better then the towels in the room for drying yourself after a shower. No staffed bar even on the weekend when told that it would be open on the weekend it wasn't. The staff was friendly answered questions, gave direction with a smile. Would only stay here again for no more then a weekend. Rooms should be between $79 to $89 per night.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Eddienycnj
Reviewed 19 December 2013

I promise you don't want to stay here. The rooms are small with poor lighting. The bed is a boxspring on the floor. The lobby is small, the bathroom is small. We checked out and stayed at another hotel. The photos on the website are enhanced. Don't fall for it.

Now the location is good. Two blocks from the beach and close to Lincoln Road but that's about it. Oh they also say they are the only ecco friendly hotel. That's a plus if you care. These rooms should be $89 a night and even then I'm being generous.

There's also road construction going on right in front of the hotel. The staff says it's been going on for awhile.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank L T
Reviewed 8 December 2013 via mobile

We used hotel points to stay here. We were not impressed. It's trying to be cool hotel but doesn't quite achieve it. The rooms were poorly lit, beds were low platforms with hard mattresses, the led strip lights were exposed so lights shone in our faces- plus it had exposed metal conduit with drywall showing. Curtains had limited function. The ac was super loud but it drowned out the early morning dumpster noise. The ceiling fans were overly complicated with special buttons and the motion sensor turned the light on in the middle of the night. The tv had a poor signal- especially when my husband was trying to watch a football game- had to leave to go to a bar to finish the game. Staff was courteous but did not seem genuine in helping you.

Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Hummingbirdgirlll
Matthew C, Manager at Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

Hummingbirdgirlll,

Thank you for your recent review. I'm sorry to hear that our property was not a good fit for you and your husband's recent visit to Miami Beach. The Asian inspired decor and minimalist design of our rooms are quite often what we're complimented on most. I would like to have had the opportunity to address your concerns during your stay, however I do appreciate the time you've taken to share your opinion.