Ok...So I spent a ton of time researching South Beach hotel before I selected this one. The early positive reviews, recent grand openning and location is what prompted me to to pick this place. I already knew what I was in for. If you are looking for a place to hide out in your room and not go check out South Beach do not stay here. It is not a resort hotel. I gathered from the other properties in South Beach for an old art deco historic building this was the best place to go. Understand these are old 1930's buildings and they cannot bust down walls and make them larger. These are old historic buildings! If you are looking for a place with a pool and has over 100 large spacious rooms this is not the place to go. However, if you are looking for a modern clean option that is near the beach, eateries, and safe I highly recommend it.
We had come here for Winter Music Conference 2010. We stayed in downtown Miami initially because of all the events we wanted to go to were located near our first hotel. We migrated to South Beach the last two nights. When we got there we got there before check-in time and being that it was in the middle of Spring Break and WMC I had NO expectations of getting a room early in a place that only had 30+ rooms. I was more-so worried about it being a smaller hotel and having a place to put our luggage until a room was available. They allowed us to leave our bags there and we got a claim ticket and put in a request for a lst floor room as I knew from researching there were no elevators there but they have people to help carry your stuff. We then went next door to Sushi Rock which had spectacular quality sushi. We came back after our meal and there was minor delay in getting our room but we got it. They are very thorough about making sure your rooms are clean and minibars inventoried etc before you check in etc. which I can appreciate.
Room: We got a double bed room. Room was very small but clean. Had a closet with safe and two wafflecomb robes in it. Iron and blowdryer available. Mini-fridge with alcohol and mixers available. Little cabinets and drawers to put stuff in. Room was very cute and modern looking. Beds were low platform beds so do not be startled by that. Plenty of pillows and had a 40"-40+" LCD in the wall with a small desk with a rolling IKEA like chair. Alarm clock with IPOD hookup (accomodates the 5th gen IPODS which is a plus). Bathroom was small but clean. Shower was so awesome. Water pressure was spectacular! Although it had a leaky issue with the door but I am sure they are aware of that and I just asked for extra towels as I know they will work out the bugs of a fresh opening. Toilet was one of those half flush/full flush options which is great for water conservation. Grand opening also means....there might be some bugs to fix. You have to communicate with them so they know people....not just complain on websites. Walls are thin so you may be able to hear neighbors but from what I understand this is what most art deco hotels are like. Go pay double and stay at Loews or the Ritz. Ice has to be retrieved from the front bar. Bartenders were very nice and cordial. Front desk people were very nice and accomodating. They grabbed us our cabs when we needed and gave us directions to wherever we needed and suggestions.
There is a Walgreens about 3-4 blocks away so if you need anything 24 hours go there. I always look for a place that has a CVS or a Walgreens nearby.
Beach was a mere block away. They have chairs and towels available which is included in the MANDATORY resort fee that is required from all hotels on South Beach so quit complaining about that as well. 2 bottles of water is included in that as well. Watched the sun rise and it was gorgeous! I love the energy South Beach. I would stay here again most definitely. The only thing I wish they had was a vending machine but Walgreens is a mere hop skip jump away!
Oh also front desk printed out my boarding passes graciously and I left there very happy. Just know that SOBE Miami is on island time....so you busy city slickers who are into instant quick gratification....just skip SoBe....you will be cranky. Life moves a little slower here and I coming from Dallas had to slow my city dial down to island time...after all it is a vacation!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- We are located in the absolute heart of South Beach! One block from the beach in one direction, and one block from the city's nightlife in the other direction! All rooms have two double beds, perfect for sharing with a friend or loved one. We offer amazing value in the country's hippest location. Parking is readily available in the city lot adjacent to the hotel. Our team is bilingual - Spanish and English. Rental cars and sightseeing tours are available from the concierge and tour desk located in the lobby. We look forward to welcoming you to South Beach. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Ebookers, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Superbreak UK, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd, Cancelon and HotelQuickly so you can book your Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clifton Hotel Miami Beach
- Found Places Clifton Hotel South Beach Miami Beach, Florida