Hotel Astor
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
Hotel Croydon(Miami Beach)
US$288
US$249
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$436
US$221
US$204
  • Beachfront
Shore Club South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$286
US$252
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)
US$307
  • Pool
Hilton Cabana Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$234
US$204
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$298
US$432
US$318
US$284
1,176 results
All reviewstwo blockssouth beachocean drivesocial clubart decowashington avenuesitting areacontinental breakfastenjoyed my stayvisit miamihotel is in a great locationbeach chairsastongigiclubsrenovationbartender
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2014

We stayed here for 4 nights in may. The hotel is very clean and very well situated. They even lend you chairs, towels and umbrellas for the beach! The staff were very nice and helpfull! The manager was constantly greating us, asking about our day and making recommandations of areas to see, activities to do which we really appreciated. We did however have a problem with the hotel. On the 1rst 2 nights we were there, the bar or club in the basement of the hotel was playing its music so loud that we felt like we were in the club in our room on the top floor. The room was even trembling because of the vibration ( I am not exagerating ) it went on until 3 or 4 AM. So we barely got any sleep. However the remaining days it quieted down and we had a nice stay. The wifi wasn't great in our room but it was good in my parents room so i guess it depends were you are in the hotel.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Ms_Amy-A
Reviewed 17 July 2014

I have just spent a 2 week vacation at the Astor , my 3rd stay at this hotel , and even tho under new management , my stay didn't disappoint .
I love this Art Deco treasure , perfect location , close enough to everything , yet just set back enough not to feel too touristy .
Rooms are spacious and my king size deluxe room seemed huge with it's corner leather white sofa fitting in well with the Miami vibe .
All the staff are very helpful and polite , thanks in particular to Diandra the bar tender , who looked after me well at cocktail hour , and who may I say is an asset to this hotel . Give that chik a pay rise!!!! I will look forward to staying here on my next Miami visit . Well done guys!!! And thankyou ..

Room Tip: I would stay on the top floor as there is a nightclub attached to the hotel and the music gets loud at the weekends , but didn't bother me so much as I was on top floor
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
3  Thank peter h
Reviewed 10 July 2014

My name is Jacob Bossman, I am a british business owner from London, UK. Quite frankly the astor hotel had too many hidden charges they hit you with right upon arrivial. My cost went from $1676 to $1900. Miguel one of the senior management advised me that I had to put a deposit down of $200 just in case anything in the room gets damaged. Miguel then advised if there were no damages I would get this deposit back, he then gave me a letter of receipt and advised that all I had to do is show this on my departure and I would be refunded my deposit. Come the day of my departure I was told I could not get this back. The receptionist Chris was very helpful and if it was not for him this review would of been much worst. Other than this matter I paid of the supreme deluxe room, on two days my air conditioner was leaking. The lift was out of commission for 5 days of my 13 night stay. When you pay close to $2000 dollars for a room you expect the facilities to be top notch. The wifi in my room was not great either. The manager Miguel was very reserved and had very little if none customer service skills. This a side I would like to highlight that the Receptionist Chris was exceptional at his job and I would love to see him promoted to manager as his customer service was the best I have ever experienced. In addition to him Racquel was amazing always smiling, very friendly and extremely helpful. Racquel always made an effort to engage in conversation and was a pleasure always. Evens the door man was a character and always made me laugh every morning, and the bar staff in particular Deanna was amazing at mixing drinks and was great very entertaining. Unfortunately I will not be staying every again at the hotel astor, but I will pass by at the bar as this section is great and I will revisit the amazing mid level staff. Its a shame... great mid-level staff, but poor management and maintainance.

Jacob Bossman

London,uk

Room Tip: Do not get a room here they will cheat you out of hidden room charges. Get a room at a different hotel. But stop by the hotel bar as Deanna is amazing at mixing drinks and is very entertaining.
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled solo
2  Thank Jacob B
Reviewed 28 June 2014

We came from New Zealand , have been to several hotels in USA before , the Astor is the best !! Everything was perfect , great staff, excellent clean room , lovely bar and lounge area, would truely recommend !

Room Tip: Excellent value, room we had third floor, corner. had lounge , microwave , fridge , safe
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Sarndra S
Reviewed 21 June 2014 via mobile

had a birthday get together about two weeks ago here and it was absolutely fabulous. chris was amazing and extremely helpful throughout our entire stay. he was attentive to our needs, and super funny. overall i had a great experience here, and the food was great too. they had such a cute outdoor area too. When i come back to Miami ill definitely be coming back to this hotel.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled with friends