“OK location, could've done without the noise”

Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #86 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Newport News, Virginia
“OK location, could've done without the noise”
Reviewed 7 January 2013

We stayed at this Courtyard (Cadillac) for 4 nights while vacationing in South Florida. We got a good (military) rate, which made the hotel much more affordable than some of the others on South Beach, but it definitely has its setbacks. Although we jogged the boardwalk down to Lincoln Road every morning, the hotel is not close to it. It would take us about 30-45 minutes to walk back after we got coffee. So it's not super close to the actual "South Beach". Ocean Drive is even further down, so be prepared to take taxis.

Although the hotel website states that there is construction going on at the hotel, for whatever reason we overlooked this when booking. I don't think that it would've deferred us from staying here, but we were just a bit surprised. Our fault though. However, upon check in, we were "upgraded" to an Ocean View room - so we thought, great, this is starting off good already! Well, surprise surprise, the construction is going on in the front of the hotel - so "upgrading" us to a room that was facing construction is not what I would consider a nice gesture. I would've much preferred to be "downgraded" to a room at the back of the hotel, far away from the noise of the construction. Although I suppose being woken up at 8 am by hammers every morning did have its benefits - we were able to get an early start to our days.

The pool at the hotel is small, the hot tub is smaller. The outside bar looked mediocre at best. Valet is expensive ($32/night) - but self parking is not much better ($28). We loved South Beach though, so I think next time, we'll opt for a different place to stay.

Room Tip: If you get "upgraded" to Ocean View, I'd suggest you decline. Ask for a room at the ba...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 9 January 2013
Dear VictoriaC515,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. We are extremely excited about the prospects of completing our new oceanfront tower. Unfortunately the work does start at 8am which is advertised on our website. I apologize if the room did not provide a great oceanview, we always attempt to provide our guests the best possible rooms experience. Our parking prices are very much in-line with the rest of Miami Beach. Lastly, we hope you return to visit us again in the future as we feel our property, with its oceanfront location and great amenities will be even greater when the new tower is completed.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (468)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
manchester uk
Reviewed 4 January 2013

It has been the best Holiday i have ever had (Mauritius coming a close 2nd) the hotel was very clean, good food, the receptionist could not do enough for us,the pool lady (Lizette) and beach guys are lovely too (Marcus and Zac).we used to walk along the boardwalk every night to Lincolns rd which took us 1hr and another hour to walk back . Good exersice though.Plenty of restaurants in Lincoln rd anything you fancied eating you could find it there.A couple of blocks futher on and you would come to Ocean Drive where its all going on we had a drink at the Palace Bar and they put a Drag Show on sooooooooo funny.The Beach is out of this world. I would advise this Hotel to Friends and Family.For this time of year the weather was perfect. We stayed in room 810 which was overlooking the Beach .

Room Tip: ask for a sea view room
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled as a couple
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 7 January 2013
Dear Elaine006,

Thank You for choosing us during your visit to Miami Beach. I am sincerely excited that we were able to assist in making your holiday special. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Marcus, Zac and Lissette. We hope to see you soon in Miami Beach.

New Hampshire
Reviewed 4 January 2013

Our family stayed here one night before taking a cruise. Check-in was easy and efficient. We were handed a paper detailing our pick up instructions for the next day for a 12 noon pick up. We got to the room to find someone else's luggage in our room. They were gracious about the error and we got our luggage asap. The next day when I checked the pick up instructions, I realized that they had given me the instructions for Norweigan cruise lines although we told them we were on Celebrity. It made for a little bit of a rush as that pick-up was 1/2 hour earlier than we had planned. The hotel is right on the beach and has a nice pool. It's at 39th street and most of the stores, etc. for South Beach are in the 16 - 17th Street area. There really isn't a lot near the hotel but there is a Walgreens about a block or two away for any incidentals. The hotel was a bit worn but it is an older hotel. People were friendly and the food in Carrabas was good and reasonably priced. I'm not sure I'd stay there again as I'd prefer to be further down on Collins Ave. (closer to Lincoln Road)

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
3 Thank NewEnglandMom
Dear NewEnglandMom,

Thank you for choosing us prior to your Cruise. I sincerely apologize for any confusion regarding your room assignment; I will be sure to review this with the staff. I also apologize regarding any confusion with your shuttle service to the cruise port. We do not book shuttle service from the property, this is handled from the cruiseline. If possible, please contact me so that we discuss this further (305-538-3373). Again, my apologies and i hope we are given another opportunity on your return visit to Miami Beach.

Eastbourne, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 January 2013

We stayed in the hotel on a good friends and family rate, which made the stay very economical. The hotel is in a good location - you can walk out onto the boardwalk and beach in mid-Miami Beach area, about 5 minutes drive from South Beach. Also, a nice pool but there is building going on which somewhat detracts from the ambience at the moment. The public areas were nicely decorated for Christmas. The room was spacious and well appointed, with all the usual amenities. The staff are very friendly and helpful - always someone to open the door for you or rush over with an umbrella if it is raining!! Altogether, a good place to stay om Miami Beach

• Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
Dear Lovetotravel 1954,

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. We pride ourselves on providing a strong level of service. I will be sure to reivew your comments wth the team. I hope you join us again for your return visit to Miami Beach.

Reviewed 3 January 2013

This hotel was great. We had a early flight in and they were able to check us in without any problems. It was very close to everything but just far enough not to hear the noise of any parties from South Beach. They have a very friendly staff. If you would like to go to South Beach it is a 7 min drive away and the doorman are happy enough to get a cab for you. We were given a corner room facing the street which had windows all along side the room. It was a nice quiet stay.

They also had a restaurant and a outside bar which was a nice place to relax since it was right next to the beach. I would stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Dear Ashley D,

Thank You for choosing us for your visit to Miami Beach. We appreciate the kind remarks and hope you decide to return to the property for your next visit to Miami Beach. I will be sure to discuss your comments with the staff.

Best Regards

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 31 December 2012

I stayed here for several days and recommend it to anyone who warns a clean, convenient hotel room with attentive and friendly staff. There were several young men out front to greet me and help with luggage when I arrived, and to hail a taxi and give directions whenever I needed it. The manager greeted me in the lobby one afternoon and seemed genuinely interested in knowing how I was enjoying my stay.
I was there to attend Art Basel Miami Beach, and I plan to stay here again next year.

Room Tip: From the minute I arrived, I was impressed by the friendly, competent staff. Several men were out fr...
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 1 January 2013
Dear Provence 73,

Thank You for choosing our hotel while visiting Miami Beach. I appreciate your kind comments and will be sure to extend them to the staff. Art Basel is a great event and will continue to draw large crowds, and we hope that you visit during the 2013 Basel event.

Best Wishes and Happy New Year,

Moscow
Reviewed 25 December 2012

Stayed there for a couple of nights in November after booking at Marriott.com with Marriott Rewards exclusive member offer. I have an email confirming my rate.
Stay was fine except my key cards stop working every two hours.
Although I didn't get any credit to my rewards account up until now.
I've spent countless hours on the phone and email trying to get my points with no luck. Turned out that somebody at hotel changed my reservation to "marriott family" rate. They have suggested me to contact hotel directly, which is impossible because their accountant Kathy Lopez never, and I mean it never never never never, answers to any phone calls or emails. Never received an answer from another person at the hotel Lorena D Cabrera.
So, pretty OK hotel with terrible horrifying customer service.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 27 December 2012
Dear cdima,

I apologize about the inconvenience you experienced when contacting the property. Unfortunately, I do not have any of your information and we do not have record of any unresponsive correspondence between the parties mentioned and a hotel guest during the period you mentioned. I take full responsibility for any challenge you may have endured. Please contact me at 305-538-3373 at your earliest convenience so that I may understand what transpired.

Best Wishes