“Not at all what we expected”

Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #86 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Orlando
“Not at all what we expected”
Reviewed 8 December 2013

Unfortunately this was not one of the better courtyards we are used to.
For $300 per night one would expect a nice lobby and pool or ocean front dining.
This place was below average.
Try another hotel. Carabas a Restaurant , which serves as the hotels breakfast room, did not deliver either. Will not come back.

• Stayed December 2013
1 Thank SchnitzelOrlando
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 9 December 2013
Dear SchnitzelOrlando,

Thank You for staying with us. I truly apologize about your experience and hope that you provide us with another opportunity as we are days away from completing our property expansion which includes a new indoor/outdoor breakfast restaurant as well as newly enhanced hotel amenities. We hope that you visit us again

Joseph LaFleur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (461)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Coral Springs, Florida
Reviewed 8 December 2013

I stayed at this hotel because of its location. The check in staff was efficient and professional. The lobby is very tastefully done, and welcomes you with fruit flavored water - nice touch. The room is nicely furnished and the pullout portion of the desks fits between the beds - genius!

The room was clean, but not of the standard expected. I would grade it 7 out of 10. The camity sink was clogged - due to the lateness of my check in we did othing about it andjust went to bed. I recommend that you check everything in the room as soon as you get to it so that any deficiencies can be remedied immediately.

Free Internet was a nice touch also. Ask the front desk about free parking hours on the street to save $32 per day on parking. I could not get up before 8am to pay for daily metered and chose to use the valet instead. A very pricey decision.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a good view and less noise.
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
Dear Yvonne B,

Thank You for staying with us during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. I truly apologize about the clogged sink and will ensure your comments are relayed to our engineering and housekeeping departments. I hope you provide us with another chance when you stay here in Miami Beach.

Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed 8 December 2013

On 11/29/2013 we stayed at the Miami Courtyard Cadillac which is undergoing renovation. The rooms are small but for a short stay they are ok. The service was awesome, more than I would expect at a Courtyard and the beach is private. The manager of the beach area was awsome and more than willing to help with anything. We did walk around the area and enjoyed the brief stay we had.

We also had the opportunity to see the renovation that is going on and it will be awesome when it is finished.

Room Tip: Use your gold elite status in advance if you have them and call them is the trip was booked by a cru...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
Dear Mike S,

Thank You for choosing our property for your visit to Miami Beach. I will surely pass your comments along to the Beach Manager as well as the rest of the service professionals at our property. We hope to see you again

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 December 2013

My family and I enjoyed two wonderful stays at this hotel. Not only were the rooms spacious, well located, the staff were extremely helpful.
We were pleasantly surprised to come to find free ice cream on occasions and free popcorn on separate occasions being handed out in the loby.
The hotel is well located to the main south beach area with both taxis and direct buses taking less then 10 mins and also it was right on the beach.

We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and will be sure to go again when we return to Miami. Thank you to all the staff for making our stay so wonderful.

• Stayed November 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank pjdlon
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 5 December 2013
Dear pjdlon,

Thank You for your kind feedback. We truly appreciate you staying with us. We hope to see you back in Miami Beach very soon

Tucson, Arizona
Reviewed 27 November 2013

Renovations are going on presently but they do still have great coffee, tea and fruit flavored water in lobby they constantly change...also good computers to use free of charge...lovely sitting area in front of hotel for cigarette smokers or those just waiting for friends to go party...parking available but not cheap anywhere in South Beach...also great breakfast, pastry/quick mart...but nicer.. across the street...

But, the best of all is the front desk staff who go out of their way for guests..Rogellio was the best! Not only did he help me...I saw him helping others the same way..also when I told the manager how great he was ...he actually agreed...so what a great place to work and visit!

Room Tip: Ask for a corner room for a larger room or ocean view..for the obvious....
Green Features: Very much so...with towels, sheets etc...even housekeeping was quite friendly...everyday I would say hello to housekeeper...she almost hug me once...very hospitable hotel...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 28 November 2013
Dear Anne675

Thank You for visiting with us from Arizona. We appreciate your comments and I will be sure to pass this message along to Rogelio. Our property expansion is days away from opening and we hope you return to try our new product.

Belo Horizonte
Reviewed 26 November 2013

Great hotel right on the beach. Excellent pool bar with good food and drinks. Rooms are good and some have balconies with a great view of the ocean. Service is good, location also helps close to many things..............................................

Room Tip: On with a view to the beach................
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 27 November 2013
Dear Peter D

Thank You for staying with us during your visit to Miami Beach. I will be sure to pass along your feedback and comments to our team. We hope to see you back in the near future.

clickclackmoo
Reviewed 23 November 2013

I sitting here in my room right now at 5 am writing this. I wanted to sleep but instead I can hear every word being said by the people next door. The walls are paper thin. To accommodate this problem Marriott decided to pipe in disco music? It feels like I'm in a night club. If this isn't bad enough there is no security here. Anyone could walk into the hotel from the beach. Lots of creepy guys hovering around. Went to treat my two teenage girls to an ice cream bar in the lobby last night. There was a thug sitting around the lobby who said "oh girls I'm so drunk give me a luck of your ice cream" this was two feet away from the front desk and no one cared?!! I've traveled alot in my life and this is the WORST hotel I've been to. I'm a loyal Marriott customer and I'll be contacting them too. Not up to the Marriott standard! Can't wait to RUN to my cruise ship and get out of here!!

• Stayed November 2013
9 Thank clickclackmoo
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 26 November 2013
Dear clickclackmoo,

I apologize for the noise you experienced while staying at our property. I also would like to extend an apology on behalf of the other guests that approached your daughter. Our property has a security presence throughout the day and we arev taking added measures with our new expansion project to enhance the level of security around the property. I see that we offered you compensation for your difficulties and wish we could have spoke while you were on property. Please contact me if you have any concerns (305-538-3373). Our sincere apologies