“No so good as Marriot brand”

Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront
Ranked #85 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
GreenLeadersBronze level
Pooler, Georgia
“No so good as Marriot brand”
Reviewed 4 January 2014

The location is so good but hotel management is average. Probably because they are undergoing renovation work. I stayed at other hotels in that area but cannot give full marks to Courtyard for the price to pay

Room Tip: Choose ocean view room because it has nice balconies to view ocean
1 Thank patelrd
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 6 January 2014
Dear patelrd

Thank You for staying with us during the holiday week. Our new expansion has finished with great new amenities featuring a new lobby, new oceanfront guest rooms and new pool. We hope you provide us with another opportunity, please contact me at 305-538-3373 to discuss future bookings.

Joseph LaFleur

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (455)
  • Polish first
  • Slovak first
  • Turkish first
Rio de Janeiro, RJ
Reviewed 2 January 2014

I made a reservation at Hoteis.com in order to spend the News Year's Eve with my mother and my sister. We were doing a trip through Florida and came by car from Fort Lauderdale. Due to the proximity to Miami Beach, we arrived before the check in time estimated by the hotel. When we got there, around 1:00PM, we were informed that the room wasn't ready yet and we would have to wait while it was cleaned. The hotel attendant told us that it wouldn't be a long time waiting. In the hotel lobby there were a lot of people in the same situation as ours. The check out of the hotel is 11:00AM, so when we got there they already had 2 hours to clean it. By the number of groups waiting for a room just like us, it was clear that they were having a problem with overbooking. We were checking with the hotel staff if there was any news about the room and they were very rude and ironic. We waited for more than 3 hours and when we finally got to the room it was nothing like the reservation we made. We pre-paid for a oceanfront room with 2 queen size beds and when we got there we could only see the hotel pool and the beds were way too small. My sister went to the reception to claim for another room with the correct features that we ordered. The hotel attendant moved us to a room in a higher floor with view to the ocean but afirmed that the Courtyard didn't have queen beds on their rooms and it was probably a mistake made by the Hoteis.com. However, we measured both beds and the ones from the higher room were way bigger.

One of the days of our stay we arrived late on the hotel and we were starving. We were really tired and wondering if there was any restaurant around Miami Beach that made late delivers (it was like 11:30PM). My sister called to the hotel desk asking if they knew any restaurant that would take orders to deliver at that time and the attendant only said "No." and hung up on her.
This was the most unhelpful hotel staff i have ever seen.

The other thing was that our room had a weird smell. I don't if it was from the product that they used to clean it but everyday when we arrived at night at our room there was always a smell that i could only define like "old popcorn".
The price was not worth it at all and the hotel was even more expensive at this time due to the New Year's Eve celebrations around Miami.

The only good treatment that we had came from the staff of the Valet, truly kind and helpful persons.

I would neeeever recommend this hotel to anyone.

4 Thank AnaLuisaAzedo
Dear AnaLuisaAzedo

Thyank You for choosing our hotel during the New Years holiday. I apologize for the wait you experienced during check-in and odor from the guest room (I will be sure our housekeeping team reviews this message). I hope you provide us with another opportunity to host you in our new hotel, as the new ocean tower, and hotel lobby has greatly expanded.

Mount Laurel, New Jersey
Reviewed 30 December 2013

We checked in on December 20th. The evening prior to our arrival I received an email from the hotel that many of the services would not be available due to the ongoing construction! Talk about notice. Had I known in advance I would have looked for alternatives.
I called the hotel late November and was assured all of the construction would be completed.
The hotel sits between 2 large high rises and the pool area (not the new one which we couldn't use) barely gets any sun. The hotel charges $13 per day per person for the use of a beach lounge chair. This is absurd that a guest has to pay for a lounge chair. The Tiki bar area is nice but could use some liveliness - perhaps some live music or anything for atmosphere. Waiter service is available on the beach only Fri-Sun, so plan on walking to the Tiki area if you want food or beverage on the beach Mon-Thursday. The rooms were clean but housekeeping service very inconsistent, 2 days the room was not made until 4:30 pm. Bed was incredibly comfortable. The TV in the room does not get many channels. Great doorman - always someone there to call a taxi for you or just to open the door. Front desk and concierge staff were very helpful and friendly. If you are traveling there anytime soon I would be certain to call the hotel to make sure everything is now open. We couldn't use the hot tub or fitness room.

2 Thank Beth G
Dear Beth G

Thank You for staying with us and choosing our property. Our new ocean tower has opened featuring great new guest amenities and fantastic ocean views. I truly apologize for the late notice and welcome the opportunity host you in the future. Please contact me at 305-538-3373 as I would like to discuss any future stays to Miami Beach and the opportunity to change your perception of the hotel.

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 26 December 2013

What you are getting for $399 is not an ocean view surely. This hotel has got a new built block of hotel rooms right at the back of the main building, which largely prevents so-called oceanfront views. This is not mentioned or photographed on the hotel website. When we complained about the situation we were told that we were supposed to read the letter they had supposedly sent to us. (We did not receive such a letter either in the post or by email.). Another thing that is not mentioned on the hotel website is this huge construction site right next to the guestrooms. We woke up to the noise the constructors were making today! When we complained, again nothing has been resolved and we need to put up with the noise for another week!

Another nerve-wracking experience we have is that the air conditioning vents are located very near the guestrooms above the roof of the lower building. At first we thought it was the ocean waves making the noise, and then we figured that the constant rushing noise was coming from the vents. It makes no big difference even if you close the balcony door; the noise gets you! Such a bad idea to expect people to have a nice sleep without thinking about the noise, especially if you are one of those who requires a nice quiet setting for sleep.

The hotel facilities are adequate. About the food, we cannot say anything is special about it, but avoid the chicken-wings that are on the menu from the Tiki Bar. They have a very strange taste and come with a sauce that we do not know what it is.The open air jacuzzi is fenced off but you should be alright in the swimming pool if you have kids. Children are obviously allowed to keep their clothes on in the pool. You can skip on the rule that says everyone should have a shower before entering the pool, which looks gritty at the bottom. Amazingly however, this hotel has a guest-operated laundry facility which costs only $2.50 for washing and drying your clothes. Be careful though you need to operate it when the hotel does not have a power cut! We had to wait over 4hrs for our laundry today.

I suggest you think twice before booking this hotel. I cannot stand the ventilation noise that is penetrating through the balcony door right now!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank Kenneth J
Dear Kenneth J

Thank You for choosing our hotel over the very busy holiday week. We have since opened our new tower, thus allowing for great unobstructed ocean views. I truly apologize for the noise you experienced from the building work, we would have welcomed the opportunity to move you to a more private room, unfortunately we were fully committed during the busy holiday week. I truly hope you provide us with a second chance as our facilities now feature new and exciting amenities.

La Jolla, California
Reviewed 25 December 2013

I recently stayed here for Art Basel and while I had never stayed here before I absolutely LOVED it on every level. Firstly, every member of the hotel staff were totally professional, friendly and extremely helpful. Next, while I had booked a room in the new ocean tower and was really looking forward to staying in a brand new room I was told that the tower wasn't quite finished and moved to an oceanfront room with balcony in the Cadillac Tower. All in all, the room was fine and the view was awesome... I'm looking forward to staying here again for a week for Art Basel 2014 and want to book it now but, that doesn't seem possible at the moment so, hopefully, we can make that happen!

Room Tip: Ocean front with a balcony
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank furrythetree
Dear furrythetree,

Thank You so much for choosing our property during Art Basel. I wi9ll be sure to pass your message along to the service team. Our new ocean tower is now open, featuring great views and upgraded amenities. We hope to see you back for next year's Art Basel.

long isalnd
Reviewed 22 December 2013

I have stayed at this hotel several times while visiting friends in the Miami area. The strength of this hotel is the staff. They are friendly,helpful and sincerely want to make your stay enjoyable. I was particularly impressed with Lakeisha Wright who made my stay awesome!..The location of the hotel is oceanfront and while the expansion is near complete the staff try to compensate for any imposition on the guests...I will be there again soon and I know the same standards will be present....Great place to relax!

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with friends
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 24 December 2013
Dear bttravlr,

Thank You very much for choosing our property for your visit to Miami Beach. We appreciate the kind remarks and hope to see you back in the near future as our property expansion is complete. I will be sure to pass along comments to the staff.

Vancouver, Canada
Reviewed 13 December 2013

I stayed here for both business and pleasure week of Dec-9, 2013. This was my second time here and I was quickly reminded that one of the strengths of this hotel is its staff (which for me is a big part of my experience)

There was not one person that I came in contact with that didn't take the time to say hello or smile. Joe, who I found out during the stay is the General Manager via a friendly exchange with him by chance in the hallway, has a great energy and attitude that seems to set the stage for the rest of the team here at this Courtyard Marriott. I'd also like to give extra special mention to some people that went the extra mile each day for me, including Amanda (thanks for the room change on the fly for our meeting!), Pierre (best made to order Ommlettes for breakfast, and Stephany (super courteous, smiley, and helped me out over and over). There were many others that took care of me during my stay but I just couldn't remember all the names (sorry) !!!

As far as the facilities, the beach areas was nice/good, the rooms were clean, the bed was comfy, internet was good, balconies are just enough, shower had good pressure, coffee each day was OK, and the rum punch was a nice bonus on Thursday's. This is not a fancy hotel to get all blinged out real fake Miami-style, but it is down to earth, chill and friendly -- they also put some thought and creativity into the extra things they do for guests for a special touch.

Food in the restaurant is tasty, calamari, fish tacos, burgers, but I would assume not alot of the sauces or frozen is made from scratch (which is very typical in USA and in a hotel restaurant like this) -- still the average traveler to Miami wouldn't even pick up on this. Salads need some work, not my favorite. Breakfast buffet was good for me, fresh squeezed OJ was awesome, made-to-order eggs and bacon were the highlight and coffee was good...

As for location, it is on 38 and Collins, which isn't exactly a hot= spot of Miami beach, but you can take a quick $2.25 bus, $10-12 cab fare, or do what I did and rent a scooter to go wherever you want (10min drive each way, it was easy). This area up past 17th is much quieter too. There isn't alot to eat in very close walking distance late night around the hotel but there is a convenience store across the street with some food and a beer store as well. You can still order stuff to your room and the restaurant will package up food and bring it to your room until 10pm-ish.

So, to close it all out, I would recommend this place for couples, light-business travel, and the general everyday travelers. High-marks for staff and clean rooms!

Room Tip: Make sure you are facing the water, note that the new tower they are building does block out partial...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank aklim
Joseph L, General Manager at Courtyard Cadillac Miami Beach/Oceanfront, responded to this review, 16 December 2013
Dear aklim,

Thank You so much for choosing our property again during your most recent visit to Miami Beach. We hope to see you back soon. I will be sure to pass along your comments to Amanda, Stephany and Pierre.