AVOID THIS PLACE!! I should have noticed there was a problem right when we checked in. The staff was lazy and the desk clerks were not very helpful or friendly. When we checked in, we found out we'd be placed at the hotel next door. The room was comfortable but the shower was gross. The walls were paper thin and we could hear people (particularly loud young girls) coming and going and the conversation of the gossipy maids in the rooms next door. An hour later a heavy base and loud music in the bar/restaurant started below us--it was so loud that the wine glasses on the shelf were moving and vibrating. And it did not stop until 4 am despite calls to the front desk, promises from the staff that it would end at 2am and that they would have the base lowered, and us finally showing up with our bags packed ready to leave. When we showed up the desk clerk blamed us, saying we "should have known it was going to be loud, you're in South Beach," but we were never informed of the music situation upon checking in and I don't think guests should be treated this way when you pay over $200 per night. Finally we asked for the manager who still refused to move our room since they were supposedly full and if we wanted to check out they refused to refund us. The most they offered us was very insulting--a 25 dollar gift certificate to the noisy restaurant below the room. For the price we paid for the room and all the hassle it really didn't make up for the poor service. We were given a new more comfortable and more quiet room the next afternoon, after the front desk called us on a cell and said we better get back to the hotel immediately if we wanted to be moved, then told us to get our stuff out of the original room but locked us out with our stuff inside. It was really more hassle and too little too late. Plus the new room didn't have much privacy, and looked directly into another guest's windows if you didn't keep the curtains fully closed 24/7 This was a horrible stressful experience when we were already tired from traveling. The staff seemed to assume that because we were young (mid-20s), we didn't need sleep or quiet but they gave an older couple in front of us at check-in a nicer room in the actual Catalina hotel. HORRENDOUS SERVICE AND OVERPRICED, NOT RECOMMENDED.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida