my boyfriend and I booked this hotel for our long weekend getaway. We were so disappointed in our stay here that we checked out a day early and went to a different hotel. This hotel seems to be more concerned about the patrons of their restaurant and bar than they do about their hotel guests. It is a pretty cool atmosphere if you want an all day and all night party. We stayed on the top floor (4th floor) and we're able to hear the music from the bar at 430am. And we didn't just hear the beat, we heard the lyrics and all. All night, each night, we heard the entire party from the bar. We didn't get any sleep. Also, room service never came. Before we left on our third day room service did come, but only to check the wet bar and give us a bill for a missing snack. They didnt clean or give us new towels or anything. The pool was ehh, i was not impressed. I have a pool in my building at home that is much nicer.
We had even upgraded our room to the "penthouse" for a very good price, and we were barely able to fit (2 people, two rolling suitcases) It was very tight. I can't imagine what would have happened if we didn't upgrade. The room had some cool accents to it, but overall it was dark and small. That staff wasn't very friendly or helpful. Overall, I would only recommend this to someone who is looking for a 24hr party. I thought hotels are supposed to be peaceful - this was the opposite.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida