Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dorset Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
The Redbury South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
Marseilles Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
South Seas Hotel(Miami Beach)
Cadet Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
Hotel18(Miami Beach)
View Hotel
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
Boutique 18(Miami Beach)
4,942 results
All reviewsrooftop poolhappy hourmaxine buildingkung fusouth beachfree drinkssushi restaurantfree shuttlefree beach chairsbachelorette partylincoln roadocean driveart decodorsetmaxinesbartendermiami
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 1 August 2011

We spent a weekend celebrating a bachelorette party and had a wonderful time.
The atmosphere was great, the hotel room very comfortable and the dinner at Kung Fu Chicken was amazing. Luis, our waiter, was great! Thanks!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2011

The hotel was clean and chic. The staff were friendly and accomodating. Airport transportation was provided and easy to use. There are 2 pools, however, they seemed better to lounge around than swim in due to the size. Maxine's, the restuarant attached, was fantastic! The best breakfast in town. The hotel is on Collins Ave. and near clubs and restaurants. Only 2 cons: it is across the street from the beach and you have to pay for umbrella usage.

Room Tip: The room they say fits 4 is comfortable for 2.
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 29 July 2011

I treated myself to a solo get away JUST FOR ME!!! Hey I well deserved it:) I took a break away from kids, work, dog, business and made time for myself! What better place to do it at The Catalina Hotel in South Beach Florida!! Laura, Yvette and the friendly staff of the Catalina treated me wonderfully!! I appreciated Happy hour, it was great, the Sushi restaurant serve thee best Sushi and that wasabi SAUCE was amazing! I notice other Sushi venues does not carry that Wasabi sauce they just have the paste! I was right around the corner from beautiful Miami beach, and down the street from multiply shopping and wonderful restaurants!
Needless to say this is my Hotel of choice!!
I look forward to coming back to South Beach!
Crystal

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank realitycanbe
Reviewed 28 July 2011

we were 8 girls taking a vacation from our husbands and kids and we were looking for something cheap and not too far from the beach. After looking at many reviews, we found Catalina.

We showed up at the airport and were told to go to section G- we're still unsure if we could have just taken the bus at the regular terminal (which I think is B)- but it wasn't too far to walk. The "no tell hotel" bus showed up not too long after and brought us to South beach and dropped us directly in front of our hotel. The staff was helpful, they checked us in and gave us our keys and off to our rooms we went.

We went up the elevator and when we got out, we were petrified. The hallway was so ugly, looked dirty and smelled awful. We were scared to walk into the rooms. But the rooms were wonderful just like the pictures. All 3 of our rooms looked the same in the black and ivory look. The rooms looked new and the air conditioner worked great (much needed in Miami). The beach is just a block away and it is only a short walk away from shopping (Lincoln rd) and Ocean drive.

The Catalina hotel consist of three side-by-side hotels. -The first one has a great sushi restaurant with a pool on the roof top. The bar inside looked like it had a really nice atmosphere but we didn't have time to try it out and we wanted to stay outside. We didn't swim in it but it was very small and way too hot up there. -The second one is where you find the lobby, breakfast quick things (like croissants and bagels, the internet, and lounge style bar. If you think you may need these things, ask to stay in that section. -The third one looks like it was the busiest when it comes to restaurant and bar. This is the one we stayed when we asked for the quietest section. It was louder when you walked in, but once you went to the floors, it was quiet. We had breakfast there, which was good, but didn't try out the dinner. This 'third' hotel is also where you find the pool, towels and reservation for long chairs by the beach. Everyday you want to go to the beach you need to check out and in towels (as many as you like) and you can reserve chairs by the beach (2 chairs per room). If you would like more chairs, it is 10$/chair/day. And I suggest buying a parasol because A: you will need, B: because it is 15$/parasol/day.

- Check out went well and we let them know what time we wanted the shuttle and it was only 10 mins late (the shuttle is on the hour, every hour).
- They have free wifi, so you can bring your laptop. If not, you can use their laptop in their lobby (2 building).
- for ice, you need to take your bucket to a bartender and they will fill it for you
- there is a mini fridge in the rooms filled with things you can purchase (typical mini-bar), but emptied it and put our things and the maids did not mind at all.

It is not really a family hotel but we did see a few families and they seemed to be well taken care of.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank kalua80
Reviewed 28 July 2011

This is a very cool hotel. There are three buildings and a variety of room sizes. Ours I believe was the 2nd level up from the smallest and it was just right. It had a desk and chair as well as VERY comfortable beds. It was clean (as was the whole hotel) and had been updated. If you don't check into room sizes before going to South Beach, you will more than likely be very surprised about how small many of the hotel rooms are as the buildings are older. The check-in was smooth and the staff was very friendly. They offered two pools, free use of their bikes, wi-fi, beach club etc. with the required amenity fee which I think was around $15-20 per day. (they all do this now at almost all of the hotels here so I was expecting it, kind of like the bag charges from the airlines!) However, they also have complimetary Happy Hour from 7p-8p daily so there is a value there if you enjoy a drink or two. If you have a car, you can also park at the nearby garage around 16th and Collins and save money on valet if you won't be doing much driving. There were several restaurants on site and while we did not partake, they looked to be very good and had steady crowds with indoor and outdoor seating. The lounge staff was very friendly as well. The beach is just across the street and you can walk almost everywhere. We got a call from the front desk after checking into the room where they asked how the room was...when does that ever happen any more?- particularly at a well priced hotel. The only negative was that the rooftop pool was very small, but the other pool was much bigger so it really didn't matter. I thought it was a very nice and I have stayed at several others in the past in this price range that do not compare to what this property has to offer.

Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends