“Bachelorette Bash”

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #89 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I was in charge of planning a bachelorette party for 16! I knew this would be a large task and that is why I chose the Catalina and Beach club.
1. The room rates were VERY reasonable
2. Each room came with a free bottle of premium vodka
3. Hotel offered free happy hour at all of their bars every day from 7-8.
4. There were 2 pools and the beach access.
5. Free beach cruisers.
6. Location, Location, Location!
7. VIP Passes

- The Catalina is the PERFECT place for a bachelorette party! They were extremely accommodating from the minute I made my reservations. Both Fred and Tyrell were extremely helpful and answering a million emails from me leading up to the event :)

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room in the Maxine building, these have all been renovated. I originally booked t...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 5 October 2012

Happy Friday,

Thank you for taking your time to post your amazing feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am so very happy to read that you and your party of 16 girls had a great time while staying with us! I am very glad that you were able to use a lot of our amenities! All of our guests love the complimentary cocktail hour and have a lot of fun cruising around on the bicycles! Which pool did you hangout at most? Where did you ladies go to celebrate and party at night? I am sure that Tyrell hooked you up with the most popping place! We hope to see you all again sometime soon! Maybe for another bachelorette getaway or just for a getaway!

Have an amazing weekend!

Reviewed 3 October 2012

3 of us came down to south beach for the night to have a nice dinner and we did not want to drive back up to boca. So i booked the catalina online with hotels.com and got a great rate on thier budget room. After reading all the good and bad reviews i decided what the hell i'll give it a shot.
When i got there the valets greated us and were very nice, now i hate other people driving my car so i parked at the public garage by lincoln rd for only $20 every 24 hrs. Alot less then the hotel. When we walked up the front steps the staff was there to open the doors for us and greet us with a warm smile and welcome. The front desk staff were very nice to us as well.
Now the room. They put us in the budget room i think it was room 217 in the main catalina building. I walked in to an all white room with red lights. I thought i was developing film in here. I hated it but my girlfriend and cousin liked the funky vibe it had. It was very neat and clean. Thats really all i care about. Then i found a leak in the bathroom under the sink and the Room would not get colder then 77 degrees. I was told the building was on a centeral ac system. I went down to the front desk and they were so nice and could not stop appoligizing to me. The moved us ASAP to the MAxine building right next door. We had a bigger room with 2 double beds. it was on the 3rd floor. I liked it because it had lights in it. It was very clean and had a seperate AC unit. The windows looked out to the pool what you can see of it. The plant life is so grown you could bearly see anything but it was nice to look at and we werent in the room to long anyways. They gave us free drinks for liking them on facebook as well.
I could not tell you about their happy hour because we had dinner reservation and were not there. But later that night when we came back from the resturant we were greeted by a young girl at the stand outside maxines and she invited us to sit on the couches to have a few drinks. They were overly nice to us. NO VIP couches or making us buy bottle service to sit out front in the prime people watching area. Infact when we sat down they asked if we wanted drinks or just relax and hang out. We drank and had a very nice time.

All in all we had a nice time and yes if i were to stay over in south beach again i would stay at the catalina. Just not in the main building.

Room Tip: The main building has a DJ in it till 11:30pm and it gets more of a drinking crowd. If you want a l...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with family
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 October 2012

Good Day!!!

Thank you coming onto Trip Advisor to post your feedback about your stay! I am so glad to read that you were greeted promptly upon your arrival by the valet and the front desk staff! I am so sorry to hear about the issue that you encountered with the leak under the sink and the A/C!! I am very glad that the front desk was able to accommodate you with another room. Can you please provide me with the number of the room that you were staying in? I would love to make sure that the issue with the sink has been taken care of already. When you come back to South Beach please let me know. I would love to personally handle your reservation!

Have a wonderful day!

Reviewed 1 October 2012

For the price we paid, we were expecting much more. Also has no parking, unless you pay an extra $35 for valet.
Crowded place, very noisy the free happy hour lures a lot of noisy and drunken people. The music is blaring until all hours. Great if you want party for cheap, and good location on south beach. Bad smell in every space inside the hotel.

We had to change the hotel.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank lu_biancooooo
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 October 2012

Good Afternoon Lu,

Thank you so much for taking your time to post your feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am so sorry to hear that you didn't find the hotel to be what you were aiming for! There are not many hotels here in South Beach that offer complimentary parking. Unfortunately, this is an issue that we have always had. The hotel provides a valet service for $32 a night with as many in's and out's as you'd like! There is municipal parking in the area and several garages where you can park at. In regards to our complimentary cocktail hour- we try to get all of guests together so that they can mingle around and see who they are rooming next to. A lot of our guests find the cocktail hour to be a blast! I am very sorry that you did not feel the same!
Your feedback is extremely appreciated!

Have a wonderful night!

Reviewed 1 October 2012

We stayed there September 22-24. I was planning our yearly "Girls" vacation and was looking for the perfect hotel on Miami Beach and for some reason the Catalina Hotel caught my attention. Although it had not so favorable reviews, I assumed that it could not be that bad. Boy, was I WRONG!! Jade the bartender, is phenomenal. She actually makes the hotel fun and lively. She was fun and enthusiatic and made the best drinks EVER!! To say the least, that was the best part of our stay. We stayed in room 152 right off the bar. It was horrible. The rooms was old and had a terrible order. We opted for the Rock n Roll room and beleive me, it looked like something out of Guns N Roses. The sink in the bathroom ran water under neath so all of the towels and toilet paper got wet. I called to have it fixed and all they did was mop up the water and did not leave fresh towels or toilet paper. My friend got up the next morning to use the bathroom and she screamed because there was a huge cock roach in the bathroom. I went to the front desk and spoke to manager Laura, she was very helpful and offered to have us move to another room and she discounted 1 night stay. We were told to pack our luggage and someone will move them to the other room and when we return from sight seeing, to pick up our keys. Needless to say it took 3 times for our keys to work. The clerk obviosuly did not know how to activate the keys. I was so frustrated at this point, I will never stay at this hotel again. The hotel should be comdemned and rebuilt, I think their goal is too keep you drunk so you would not realize how outdated and horrible the hotel really is. They should spend more time on hotel maintenance and less time getting you drunk.

Good Morning Nayo,

Thank you for posting your honest feedback on Trip Advisor. I am extremely sorry to read about the issues that you encountered while staying with us! Can you please provide me with the room number to which you and the girls were staying in? I would love to have the director to personally take a look at the sink. I believe that this is the room that our maintenance could not fix themselves. We called for a plumber to come and resolve this issue. In regards to the issue with the keys- it's not that the front desk attendant didn't know how to activate them. We have been noticing that when you put the key cards next to a cell phone the magnetic strip deactivates. We are currently working on switching the door locks to different ones to prevent this from happening again. I would love for you to come back and experience The Catalina again! Please contact me personally so that I can handle your reservation to make sure that you leave here wanting to come back!!!! :D

Have an amazing day!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

The rooms are not the biggest in size but the decor was adorable! The staff was extremely friendly and helpful in everything that was needed. Our concierge Tyrell made our stay extra comfy as he helped with any questions we had and made sure our stay was as comfortable and fun as we hoped! Tyrell was awsome we were a group of 8 and he took care of all of us! Adrian at the "Red Bar" was so sweet and a great bartender!!!

Hello Tabatha!!!

Thank you for providing us with your wonderful feedback! Our future guests love to read what the previous has to say! :) It sounds to be like you had a great time with us! From the size of the room, to the decor, to our staff- you found it all to be great! :) Tyrell is absolutely amazing! He really helps out our guests with any and all of their party or going out needs. He knows of all the hottest spots to dine, shop and party! Adrian is also wonderful! Her drinks are amazing, from what I hear! I will let them both know of your kind praise!
We hope to have you back at The Catalina, for another memorable time!

Please let me know if and when you will be in South Beach! I would love to personally handle your reservation!

Have a great evening!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

The hotel was very clean and the staff was attentive to customer requests. I loved the decor and the nonstop party vibe! The rooms were tastefully decorated and immaculately clean. I would love to do it again, With some girlfriends! The beach water was warm, I got a great tan and reading time...

Room Tip: I preferred the room in the Dorset compared to the ones at the Catalina...the Catalina had an upscal...
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled solo

Good day Sheeri,

Thanks for providing us with your feedback! We love when our guests express their opinion!! :D I am very glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! I am glad that the decor was your style and so was the party atmosphere! Glad to hear that you got a tan! This is the place to soak up those rays! :)
We hope to see you and your girlfriends the next time you come to South Beach! Please let me know when that would be and I would love to personally handle your reservation!

Have an amazing day!

Reviewed 30 September 2012

If you like the nightlife this hotel has 2 bars that are open 24/7. Rooms are ok-they have been recently renovated. Thin walls though, can hear voices from other rooms. Bathrooms are very small. Hallways smell musty. Can't tell you a price since I used airline points to purchase it. Only a block or 2 from Lincoln Road mall.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank Ace43526

Hello Ace,

Thanks for posting your feedback for all guests to read! The Catalina actually has 4 bars, for all of your sipping needs. We also offer complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM at all of them. Were you able to enjoy and sip on some comp cocktails? If so, what bar were you at? I am sorry that you found the hallways to smell musty. We use odor eliminating products daily in all of our hallways. We are also working on changing the carpets in the hallways.
We are conveniently located smack in the middle of everything. Walking distance if not a 5 minute cab ride away from all of the action! :)

Have a wonderful day!