“Hotel Stay”

Ranked #87 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Fort Myers, Florida
“Hotel Stay”
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This hotel is an average type hotel that needs some remodeling, what made it FABULOUS was the out-standing customer service. All of the staff was friendly from the bartenders to the bell hop. The food was reasonable and decent. There are 2 restaurants to choose from which was nice. Room service 24/7. Full bar in room and snacks.The roof top pool area had a beautiful view and was fun with a DJ. I loved the mattresses and side walls for privacy. (fresh sheets too) The happy hours were AWESOME free 1 hour drinks with DJ's at all 3 locations! My only disappointment was the bathroom in my room was way to small and needs some remodeling. (normal king size room) It was super small I would upgrade if you have more than 1 person per room. The cab ride to the Clevelander was only 8.00 bucks or you could rent a bike for free,

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger king or double they have been remodeled, more space, bigger TV and bigger bathro...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Good Morning Amy!!

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback! I am so glad that you had a nice time with us and found that our customer service was fabulous! :D Which of the 2 restaurants did you like the best? The rooftop pool has a beautiful view! It is really nice to be up there when the sun is rising or setting. All of our guests are big fans of the cocktail hour that we have! Not only do they get to drink for free for 1 full hour but they get to mingle with other hotel guests.

We hope to see you again soon!

Katrine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (697)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Leo
Reviewed 11 October 2012

They said that there is a shuttle to pick you up from the airport, but once I did some research on the flight down I realized that it only came on the hour so we just got a taxi from MIA to the hotel instead of waiting around which cost $32. Very loud when we walked into the hotel to check in as there was a bar right in the lobby. I didn't mind the noise as I realized we were on Miami Beach. I am glad our room was a little off the beaten path so we didn't hear a lot of the noise. We had to walk next door to a place called Maxine's to sleep. We slept pretty well. Next day when we went to check out we were charged a $15 resort which I was aware of, but then for some reason we also got charged $32 for valet service even though we didn't bring a car. I am guessing they must have charged us for the shuttle service back to the airport which must have been somewhere in the fine print!:(

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ASteury
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Good Afternoon,

Your feedback on Trip Advisor if greatly appreciated! I am so sorry that you were not able to wait for our shuttle. I am glad that you slept well and had a nice time while staying with us!! In regards to the $32 that you were charged- we never ever ever charge for the shuttle. The shuttle is a complimentary service that each and every guest can take advantage of! Did you speak with the front desk manager about the charge before leaving the hotel? We hope to have you stay with us again sometime soon!

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Had a blast at this hotel- My opinion os to book directly through the hotel to be considered a VIP. Then you get a lot of cool freebies!! The free bike rentals were awesome. the happy hour is a nice touch too. I will definately be coming back to visit. I loved how they had Halloween decorations up- very cute!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 12A- which was right by the front desk, they warned us that it would be loud, but h...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Good day Sporty Spice! :)

Thank you for providing us with your kind feedback! Our future guests visit Trip Advisor to see what all of the previous have to say! I am so glad that you were here for Carnival weekend! It was a great time!! Regardless if you book with with a third party or directly with us, all of our guests get the freebies! Complimentary R/T from Miami International Airport, complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM, free beach cruisers, WiFi, 2 beach chairs, and more. I hope that you come back and stay with us again soon!

Have an amazing day!

Reviewed 10 October 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Catalina hotel on south beach..the staff was very helpful & great they also provide all the necessary information to help me get to & from the carnival, provide excellent help with cab service to go downtown Miami..totally would tell a friend or anyone to stay there it's great...

• Stayed October 2012
Good Afternoon Kieda,

Thank you for posting your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor!! I am glad that you had a great time while staying with us! Were you here for Carnival? I am glad that everything went well for you and that our staff was able to assist you in getting the information that you needed!
We hope to see you soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This was our second visit to the Dorset and I was so pleased that we chose to stay here again. The staff are amazing and to see that Coby was still working here was great as he is a fantastic member of the Catalina team.

The food on the roof top pool is out of this world and very reasonable. The pool is as clear as can be and the double sunbeds kept clean and fresh.

We requested a room in the Dorset as we stayed here last year and I had forgotten how comfy the beds are. Seriously I don't sleep better anywhere else (even in my own bed!). The rooms are large, very nicely decorated, clean, powerful shower etc etc.....

I cant wait to come back in March 2013 :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Good day Claire,

Thank you for so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am so glad to read that you gave us a second chance! What did you order at the rooftop pool? Very nice that you were able to enjoy the rooftop pool. It;s very nice up there especially if your trying to get a tan! The beds are extremely comfy!!! All of our guests fall in love with them and spend more time in their bed then they thought they would. We hope to see you in March!!! :D

Have an amazing day!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 6 October 2012

i am a florida resident but decided to stay in south beach and i have herd all the buzz about the catalina so i decided to check it out for myself. my girlfriend comes down from canada so we decided to do a couple nights in south beach. the bar downstairs was great and kung fu sushi was amazing! and on to the hotel room we stayed in a beautiful room with one giant bed (memory foam) which was so comfortable! it also had an amazing closet and dressing area, the decor was great and i was very clean. also it show cased many options of things to do....i cant wait to get in touch with the social directior of the south beach group! the shower in the bathroom was an amazing open shower with a removeable head and the bathroom was also very clean. overall great hotel!!

Room Tip: get the giant bed! :)
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Happy Monday Derek!!!

Thank you for taking your time to share your feedback about your stay with all of our future guests!! I am extremely happy to read that you had an awesome time while staying with us! That is sweet of you to take your girlfriend to stay somewhere even though it's local. It's nice to get away from your everyday surroundings!! I am glad that you got the chance to experience Kung Fu and thought it was awesome! :D All of the guests that stay here amazing things to say about our beds. We only use the best mattresses- Tempur Pedic!! :)
I hope that you and the girlfriend can come back and stay with us again for another wonderful getaway! :)

Have a great day!

Beijing, China
Reviewed 4 October 2012

I was in charge of planning a bachelorette party for 16! I knew this would be a large task and that is why I chose the Catalina and Beach club.
1. The room rates were VERY reasonable
2. Each room came with a free bottle of premium vodka
3. Hotel offered free happy hour at all of their bars every day from 7-8.
4. There were 2 pools and the beach access.
5. Free beach cruisers.
6. Location, Location, Location!
7. VIP Passes

- The Catalina is the PERFECT place for a bachelorette party! They were extremely accommodating from the minute I made my reservations. Both Fred and Tyrell were extremely helpful and answering a million emails from me leading up to the event :)

Room Tip: Make sure to get a room in the Maxine building, these have all been renovated. I originally booked t...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 5 October 2012
Happy Friday,

Thank you for taking your time to post your amazing feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am so very happy to read that you and your party of 16 girls had a great time while staying with us! I am very glad that you were able to use a lot of our amenities! All of our guests love the complimentary cocktail hour and have a lot of fun cruising around on the bicycles! Which pool did you hangout at most? Where did you ladies go to celebrate and party at night? I am sure that Tyrell hooked you up with the most popping place! We hope to see you all again sometime soon! Maybe for another bachelorette getaway or just for a getaway!

Have an amazing weekend!