“Loved the cocktail hour and airport shuttle”

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #88 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Los Angeles, California
“Loved the cocktail hour and airport shuttle”
Reviewed 16 October 2012

I loved this hotel. I truly appreciated the fact that they have an airport shuttle. I loved the cocktail hour and the DJ's that played cool music during the day. I wish the air con worked a little better but I didnt spend that much time in the room for that to really bother me. Staff was really nice and helpful. I will stay here again.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 23 October 2012
Hello Chantea,

Thank you for taking your time to post your honest feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am glad that you loved the hotel! A lot of our guests that come to Florida via plane love the shuttle amenity that we offer. It's a great money saver! What bar were you sipping your cocktails for happy hour at? Can you please provide me with the number to the room that you were staying in? I would love for maintenance to take a look at the air con to see if there is an issue with it. I am glad that you found our staff really nice and helpful! :)

We hope to have you stay with us again soon!

Katrine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Aberdeen, UK
Reviewed 16 October 2012

We had an extremely enjoyable stay at The Catalina Hotel. Very helpful staff, lovely clean and comfortable room with plenty of space. Will definitely return. The only negative I could give would be the Bamboo plants round the Bamboo Garden swimming pool, although look very pretty, could do with cutting back as it really does limit the amount of sun that can get through and means the pool is quite cool.

Room Tip: We were very happy with room 317, it's beautifully decorated and very spacious. Although some g...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank SMIKEY321
Good Afternoon Mikey,

Thanks for leaving your feedback for all of us to read! I am so very happy to read that you had an extremely enjoyable stay with us! I am glad that you found our staff very helpful and the rooms clean and comfortable!! In regards to the bamboo- I will let our maintenance department know about that to see if they would like to cut them back just a little bit. The bamboo pool is for those who like to relax and take a dip in the pool. The rooftop pool on the other hand is where the sunbathers go to soak up the Florida rays! :)

Have a great evening!

Fort Myers, Florida
Reviewed 14 October 2012

This hotel is an average type hotel that needs some remodeling, what made it FABULOUS was the out-standing customer service. All of the staff was friendly from the bartenders to the bell hop. The food was reasonable and decent. There are 2 restaurants to choose from which was nice. Room service 24/7. Full bar in room and snacks.The roof top pool area had a beautiful view and was fun with a DJ. I loved the mattresses and side walls for privacy. (fresh sheets too) The happy hours were AWESOME free 1 hour drinks with DJ's at all 3 locations! My only disappointment was the bathroom in my room was way to small and needs some remodeling. (normal king size room) It was super small I would upgrade if you have more than 1 person per room. The cab ride to the Clevelander was only 8.00 bucks or you could rent a bike for free,

Room Tip: Upgrade to a larger king or double they have been remodeled, more space, bigger TV and bigger bathro...
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled solo
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 15 October 2012
Good Morning Amy!!

We appreciate you taking the time to leave your wonderful feedback! I am so glad that you had a nice time with us and found that our customer service was fabulous! :D Which of the 2 restaurants did you like the best? The rooftop pool has a beautiful view! It is really nice to be up there when the sun is rising or setting. All of our guests are big fans of the cocktail hour that we have! Not only do they get to drink for free for 1 full hour but they get to mingle with other hotel guests.

We hope to see you again soon!

Leo
Reviewed 11 October 2012

They said that there is a shuttle to pick you up from the airport, but once I did some research on the flight down I realized that it only came on the hour so we just got a taxi from MIA to the hotel instead of waiting around which cost $32. Very loud when we walked into the hotel to check in as there was a bar right in the lobby. I didn't mind the noise as I realized we were on Miami Beach. I am glad our room was a little off the beaten path so we didn't hear a lot of the noise. We had to walk next door to a place called Maxine's to sleep. We slept pretty well. Next day when we went to check out we were charged a $15 resort which I was aware of, but then for some reason we also got charged $32 for valet service even though we didn't bring a car. I am guessing they must have charged us for the shuttle service back to the airport which must have been somewhere in the fine print!:(

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ASteury
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 12 October 2012
Good Afternoon,

Your feedback on Trip Advisor if greatly appreciated! I am so sorry that you were not able to wait for our shuttle. I am glad that you slept well and had a nice time while staying with us!! In regards to the $32 that you were charged- we never ever ever charge for the shuttle. The shuttle is a complimentary service that each and every guest can take advantage of! Did you speak with the front desk manager about the charge before leaving the hotel? We hope to have you stay with us again sometime soon!

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

Orlando, Florida
Reviewed 10 October 2012

Had a blast at this hotel- My opinion os to book directly through the hotel to be considered a VIP. Then you get a lot of cool freebies!! The free bike rentals were awesome. the happy hour is a nice touch too. I will definately be coming back to visit. I loved how they had Halloween decorations up- very cute!!

Room Tip: I stayed in room 12A- which was right by the front desk, they warned us that it would be loud, but h...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled with friends
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 11 October 2012
Good day Sporty Spice! :)

Thank you for providing us with your kind feedback! Our future guests visit Trip Advisor to see what all of the previous have to say! I am so glad that you were here for Carnival weekend! It was a great time!! Regardless if you book with with a third party or directly with us, all of our guests get the freebies! Complimentary R/T from Miami International Airport, complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM, free beach cruisers, WiFi, 2 beach chairs, and more. I hope that you come back and stay with us again soon!

Have an amazing day!

Reviewed 10 October 2012

I really enjoyed my stay at the Catalina hotel on south beach..the staff was very helpful & great they also provide all the necessary information to help me get to & from the carnival, provide excellent help with cab service to go downtown Miami..totally would tell a friend or anyone to stay there it's great...

• Stayed October 2012
Good Afternoon Kieda,

Thank you for posting your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor!! I am glad that you had a great time while staying with us! Were you here for Carnival? I am glad that everything went well for you and that our staff was able to assist you in getting the information that you needed!
We hope to see you soon!

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 October 2012

This was our second visit to the Dorset and I was so pleased that we chose to stay here again. The staff are amazing and to see that Coby was still working here was great as he is a fantastic member of the Catalina team.

The food on the roof top pool is out of this world and very reasonable. The pool is as clear as can be and the double sunbeds kept clean and fresh.

We requested a room in the Dorset as we stayed here last year and I had forgotten how comfy the beds are. Seriously I don't sleep better anywhere else (even in my own bed!). The rooms are large, very nicely decorated, clean, powerful shower etc etc.....

I cant wait to come back in March 2013 :)

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
catalinareviews, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
Good day Claire,

Thank you for so much for taking your time to post your wonderful feedback on Trip Advisor for all of our future guests to read! I am so glad to read that you gave us a second chance! What did you order at the rooftop pool? Very nice that you were able to enjoy the rooftop pool. It;s very nice up there especially if your trying to get a tan! The beds are extremely comfy!!! All of our guests fall in love with them and spend more time in their bed then they thought they would. We hope to see you in March!!! :D

Have an amazing day!