We took my cousin here for his first time in South Beach. Lets start with the bad:
There were tiny ants everywhere, and the place was not clean, however the linens were fresh and I brought my own towels. It was all resolved with a quick trip to the local walgreens to buy some cleaning supplies, but to be honest I tend to do this in really nice hotels too.
This is a total party hotel. The music from the live DJ's is brilliant, the happy hour keeps the drinks flowing, and everyone there is in the party mood!
The hotel is a 3 minute walk from the beach and is close to lots of liquor stores and a conveniently located walgreens.
If your in the mood for it, the hotel arranges a party bus for something like $30 per person, for that price the hotel happy hour is extend and you can then bring your drinks onto the bus which will then take you to and from some of the hottest clubs in Miami. We didn't actually do this deal as we already had plans, however it seemed like good value for money.
Overall the hotel was okay, it could have done with a better clean, but the staff were friendly and the location and atmosphere was good.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Odigeo, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Ebookers, Priceline, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HRS, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida