We have seen the CATALINA HOTEL on so many television reality shows. The site and pics describe the hotel as a swanky, hip, modern place to stay - but it isn't and wasn't!!!
If you're in your late teens or early 20s, drunk, drugged, and you don't mind filthy accomadations, then maybe (maybe!) this is the place for you.
Otherwise, do not book this hotel. Our DELUXE room was tiny, the furniture was cheap and broken, and the beds, linens, and towels were covered in like strands of hair, body odor, and in some cases, make-up stains. The staff is a joke and the mananger AND assistant manager are either "unavailable" or "unresponsive" to requests and complaints. The halls are severely dimmed so that you don't see the grime, vomit, and "bodily stains" all over the garish-red carpets. There's like 2 to 3 inches of space underneath the doors, so that you may find peering eyes looing in your room during late hours. The pool, to our surprise, was in great condition, however, the pool staff were "above" serving the customers. The male staff members kept leering in a sexual way at anything with a pulse (male and female patrons.)
PLEASE - do not book this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Southall Travel, Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Hotels.com, LoveHolidays, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida