This hotel is a joke. Plain and simple a joke. The shuttle that picks you up at the airport was late, you call the hotel desk and they have no clue where the driver is. How convienent ay? Once the shuttle did come pick us up it was hard to tell what bus was ours because it says really small on the side of the van "Art Deco" district, anyways our driver thought he was in the Indy 500 and got the van over 85mph. I was more scared in the van than on the plane. Once we arrived it looked nice however the front desk staff was very short with me and rude. The people at the doors will watch you struggle up the steps with your luggage no lie. Anyways the hallways are SUPER SUPER SUPER dark and stingy and the same can be said about the rooms. Upon walking thru the bar area to get into our room on the next floor we noticed our room looked like a preschool class project. The lamp resembled a contruction paper cone with holes in it---stylish lol maybe in 1997. The floor was dirty in the room and the shower was so small and water got on the floor everytime you took a shower. All the reviews that say it is noisy, well they ARE it is super loud all night long. The doors are somewhat loud and when someone shuts their door it rattles the entire room. The bars they have are a joke, this hotel is a joke. Spend more money and stay elsewhere. The employees of this hotel are the most rude people I've ever dealt with. Seriously if you hate your job that much quit.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Priceline, Ebookers, Odigeo, Booking.com, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., HotelQuickly, Evoline ltd, HRS, Cancelon and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida