“Great Price.. Great Accommodation” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Catalina Hotel & Beach Club

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #83 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
London, United Kingdom
“Great Price.. Great Accommodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2013

Great Hotel...
Paid for a budget room but some how ended up with higher graded room. GREAT NEWS!
$160 for Living room, bedroom, two giant plasma TVs and two bathrooms!
Great location will defiantly stay here again... If the price is right!

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 22 November 2013
Good Evening dukey87,

Your wonderful 5 STAR FEEDBACK is greatly appreciated! We are content to learn that you had such a great time while staying with us! Here at The Catalina Hotel we offer unbeatable prices that included a load of amenities in a prime location! We would love to have you stay with us again in the near future!

Katrine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (672)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 November 2013 via mobile

I have a nice room in the dorset building, great free drinks from 7 to 8pm, a lot of young people. Perfect hotel for going out, meeting interesting peopl and for going shopping. Everything is really close by and you don't need a car to get around

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 20 November 2013
Good Afternoon Nadja E,

Thank you for sharing your wonderful feedback with us, and all of our future guests! I am extremely glad to read that you had a great time while staying with us! I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM. It's a perfect way to mingle around and get to know your temporary neighbors! We are close to everything and all the action that you will want to experience while here! :) Please come back for another memorable time!

Scotch Plains, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013

just got home from a 5 day/4 night stay at the Catalina Hotel. Honestly, wasn't sure what to expect based on some of the reviews. Upon checking out today... no other place I will stay in SoBe. Stayed in the Maxine building of the three hotel buildings available "in the mix" style room. for a couple, it is perfect in size. I really enjoyed being able to just walk downstairs and grab a bite to eat at Maxine's or the sushi place. spent a majority of the time at the roof pool... which was perfect. Angie and Keith were the nicest bartenders I think I have ever met. At the happy hour at Maxine's, Jade was also a great bartender. at the main desk, johnathan let me print out tickets to the Heat game I had purchased online and even offered to give me and my girlfriend a ride to the arena when he got off of work. overall, customer service was outstanding. the hotel was great and we will definitely be heading back to the Catalina sooner rather than later!

• Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
      Sleep Quality
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 19 November 2013
Good Evening bri002013,

We absolutely love to see when guests have provided us with a wonderful 5 STAR REVIEW!!!!!!!! :) We do offer 2 restaurants on board Maxine's has everything from American-Italian-Mexican. Fung Ku is a Pan Asian restaurant that offers some of the best sushi and Asian plates that I have ever tried. I will definitely inform the mentioned staff know about your kind praise! They all work hard to make sure that every guest is enjoying their time spent with us! Please come back for another great time! We would love to have you! :)

Miami, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 November 2013 via mobile

Arrived at the Catalina right on time to enjoy the free cocktail happy hr! They had a great live band playing later that night which was really nice. Only problem was that I had a slight billing issue with my credit card, but the manager jenny was very helpful in assisting me with the problem and got it resolved in a few minutes. She even gave us a food voucher to enjoy dinner at one of their restaurants for the trouble. It was very nice of her.

Stayed November 2013, travelled with friends
Hello JFaura,

We appreciate the time that you took to provide us with your honest feedback! I see that you arrived just in time for the complimentary cocktail hour! :) It's a really fun time around the hotel, and you can mingle around and get to know who your temporary neighbors are! I am sorry that you experienced an issue with billing, but Jenny the front desk manager was able to sort things out fast and efficient! :) We would love to have you stay with us again!

Atlanta, Georgia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

I stayed at the Catalina this week and I had a fun time. Location was perfect right next to the beach.

We had free drink each night of our stay. I spoke to a young lady Toni at the front desk , she went out her way to help us book a better room in a suite opposed to the room we had . The guys at the front door made me feel so welcomed .

Overall I had a wonderful stay I would defiantly go back & recommend this to my family and friends ! Thanks Catalina!

• Stayed November 2013
Hello Jpaulo10,

Thank you for your wonderful positive feedback regarding your recent stay with us! Our staff works hard to make sure that everyone is enjoying their time spent with us! I will definitely make sure to let Toni at the front desk know of your lovely praise! Please come back soon for another memorable time with us!

Clifton, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Today has been a nightmare.But with the help of Eddie taking the weight off my shoulders and lugging my bags in and introducing me to the true meaning of a "Concierge Tyrell" he was kind enough to help us book a room, the rain has stopped and the sun has come out and let's just say thank god for Tyrell, he was truly an angel sent straight from heaven. CJ and Winston were also very helpful in turning one of the worst traveling days in my life around and making it better. In addition, tony was very delightful.

• Stayed November 2013
Hello Chynaba,

Thank you so much for the time you took to provide us with your amazing 5 star feedback!!! :) It seems that you were provided with excellent service from our staff! They are all great and always looking out for our guests! I will definitely make sure that all of the mentioned staff is aware of your lovely praise! We hope that you would stay with us again in the future!

England, United Kingdom
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 November 2013

Airport bus never arrived at G26 so we hitched with another hotel's service.

Just arrived 1 hour ago, walked in to reception past valet parking attendants who make you feel as welcome as a turd in a swimming pool.

Reception spun some nonsense about our reserved room being flooded so they taxied us to a crummy apartment that resembles the one in the botched coke deal in scarface 5 blocks away in el barrio. Free wifi is incredibly slow, can't stream anything and there's a constant drone at at least 30db outside throughout the night which sounds like a garbage truck.

Room Tip: Book a quality chain and pay slightly more to avoid spoiling your holiday unless you just need a pla...
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Sleep Quality
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 16 November 2013
Hello there Elena N,

We value all of our guests feedback and would like to thank you for sharing yours with us! I am extremely sorry that your stay with us was less then enjoyable. Our shuttle is always picking up guests from the airport but perhaps comes late due to unexpected accidents or traffic. I apologize that your room was experiencing some issues but very glad that we did not put you into such a room! Though situations like yours are rare, it is something we must always be vigilant about as we continually try to enrich your stay with the best boutique experience. The next time you are back in town, I would love the chance to personally make sure your next stay is an all-out success!!

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels