Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
US$466
US$528
US$367
  • Beachfront
Eden Roc Miami Beach Resort(Miami Beach)
US$449
US$283
Hotels.com
US$610
US$421
  • Pool
Fontainebleau Miami Beach(Miami Beach)
US$375
US$341
  • Beachfront
W South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$376
US$338
US$234
US$192
thepalmshotel.com
  • Pool
Grand Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$528
US$204
  • Pool
Mondrian South Beach Hotel(Miami Beach)(Great Value!)
US$257
US$163
  • Pool
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
US$371
Travelocity
4,979 results
All reviewsrooftop poolhappy hourmaxine buildingkung fusouth beachfree drinkssushi restaurantfree shuttlefree beach chairsbachelorette partylincoln roadocean driveart decodorsetmaxinesbartendermiami
Reviewed 3 April 2014 via mobile

Hyvä hotelli ja laadukas palvelu henkilökunnalta. Hyvä sijainti. Hyvä allas osasto ja internet toimii. Maxine bistrossa hyvä ruoka. Specialina saa rantatuolin ja pyyhkeen rannalta kun muistaa pyytää altaalta kuitin. Suosittelen. Lisäksi ilmaista viinaa klo19-20.00. Miinuksena baarin musiikki kuului huoneeseen kakkoskerrokseen. Nice hotel and service is good. Location is very good. I like pool area. Internet is very good. You get free chair at the beach. Free drinks on complimentary Hour 19.00-20.00. Maxine bistros food and service is very good.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 7 April 2014

Good Afternoon Mikareissuman,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with us and all of our future guests! We are delighted to read that you had a great time here at The Catalina Hotel! We are located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks away from all the action. We provide all of our guests with great money saving amenities and we are delighted to know that you were able to take advantage of them! Please come back again soon!

Reviewed 3 April 2014

Great location! Concierge was very welcoming. Jean Driller, I think was his name, checked me in and was very pleasant! When I told them it was my birthday they upgraded my room for free and I loved my room! Bed was so comfortable and some people complained about the lack of lighting which I actually liked and there are lamps if you prefer it to be brighter. Yes the music is a little loud but only when outside and it did not bother me, I don't go to south beach for a quiet atmosphere. I only smelled the bad carpet smell that people mentioned once while I stayed and at one point I saw them cleaning the carpets so its obvious they're working on the issue and doing their best to correct it. They also let me check out an hour later because I wanted to hang by the rooftop pool a little longer which is absolutely beautiful with an amazing view. I only have two complaints which is the expensive parking and the rude bartender. The parking is expected because I have been to south beach and I know how limited the parking is. It was also hard just to pull into the hotel to check in before I valeted my car. The bartender at the rooftop bar was so negative and unpleasant to talk to. I thought to myself you have an amazing job at an amazing location, why do you look so unhappy to be here?! I bartend and serve myself and thought I would love to have her job if she doesn't appreciate it or want to connect with her guests. Over all, amazing experience! I live in West palm and visit Miami frequently, I will definitely be back! Thank you Catalina for making my birthday that much better! :)

Room Tip: If you read reviews before you book a room and have a concern about lighting or it being too loud or whatever, I would suggest calling and inquiring about a room that would suit your needs best!
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank jennifer w
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Hello there jennifer w,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us and all of our future guests! We are located in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all the action! Jean our front desk agent is wonderful and all of our guests think so as well! I will definitely make sure to inform him of your kind praise! We are always willing to upgrade our guests if we have clean and ready rooms available. We like to keep the rooms dark and relaxed. We offer extra lamps to those guests who would like more light. I will definitely make sure to inform the bar managers to speak with their staff. We strive on providing outstanding service so it pains us to read that is not what you were given at the bar. We will make sure that this doesn't happen again!

Reviewed 2 April 2014

If you're nostalgic for your alcohol-fuelled college days and would like to stay at a hotel that will indulge your drunken antics to the fullest, the Catalina is for you. Presumably to encourage the ambience of a fraternity kegger, the management pumps loud music into the corridors until the small hours, when the clientèle picks up the slack by chasing each other along the passages, shrieking at the top of their voices. Things do quieten down at about six in the morning, affording an opportunity for a very brief nap before the housekeeping staff start up again.

The rooms are small, spartan in furnishing but clean, so far as that goes. But you've a better chance of getting some shut-eye in the middle of one of the cross-walks on Collins Avenue during rush hour.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2014

Good Day Businesstraveller5,

We would like to thank you for the time you took to share your feedback with us! We are terribly sorry to read that you did not have a 5 star time here with us. You did come to stay with us during one of the largest music conventions- Winter Music Conference. This event lasts for 10 days and it takes over South Beach. During this event things are louder then usual and the parties are everyday. We wish that you would come and give us another chance during another time. We would love to have you!

Reviewed 1 April 2014 via mobile

There was one particular staff member that treated me and my group of friends like kings. He went above and beyond and made sure we had everything we needed while we were hanging by the rooftop pool. I believe his name was Jerry. These things are important to me when traveling and I will spread the word to my family and friends to make sure they stay here also.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Hello there aet1440,

Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us regarding your recent time here! We strive on providing our guests with outstanding service. We are delighted to know that is what you were given by our team, and especially Jerry in particular. We hope that you will choose to stay with us again when visiting South Beach!

Reviewed 31 March 2014

We had amazing time there. It has 3 buildings and 2 pools. It's really close to the beach, and the staff is amazing. The restaran is always busy, but the food is really good. We had a pretty good deal, and I think it was worth every peeny. However, the parking fee was too high.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 1 April 2014

Good Afternoon Ryzhik965,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us, regarding your recent stay! We are delighted to read that you had such a great time! We are located just blocks away from the beach, shops, clubs and many other hot spots. I am glad that you were able to dine with us, and that you had a great experience! Please come back again soon!