“Best Staff”

Ranked #88 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
Columbia, Maryland
“Best Staff”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

While, I normally never write reviews, I felt compelled to this time. So, my South Beach trip lasted 16 days, 9 of which was spent at the Catalina. My cell ended up getting stolen and I was tracking it with my ipad to get it back. It was difficult because I didn't always have an internet connection. When Jean found out (one of the staff) he let me borrow his personal wifi device and said, "Go Get your phone back." Within 4 hours I had tracked it down to the beach!
As far as the property goes, it was very nice. Modern, contemperary design. Nice appliances and furnishings. The DJ was awesome and the free drinks during happy hour was always fun. Also, they have a concierge service that told me all about the clubs and bars in Miami. He knew about all of them! Location is very good; it's only about a block from Lincoln ave. In summation, you won't find a more helpful staff and a better vibe at a hotel in south beach

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 16 April 2014
Good Afternoon bbinvestmentguru,

We are delighted to read your wonderful feedback regarding your recent stay with us! We are extremely glad to know that your time spent here was a great one! Jean is great and he is always willing to assist our guests with whatever they may need. I am very happy to know that you were able to track your phone, and got it back! I see that you were able to take advantage of our complimentary cocktail hour. It's a perfect way to start the night off right!! Please come back again soon for another great time!

Katrine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (716)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed 14 April 2014

I stayed at the Catalina for my bachelorette party, and it was amazing!! Tyrell came to our room and introduced himself to us, really made us feel so comfortable and he took care of all of our needs. If we ever had any questions Tyrell was always there to help us. He truly made sure I had the best time of my life, and I did. Joe was also great, he drove us in the golf cart whereever we needed to go and was very nice. He really made our trip fun. Eddie the bell hop was great too, so polite and very helpful!! The customer service at this hotel was awesome!! I literally could not have asked for a better hotel. It met all of my needs. It was party central and thats exactly what I was looking for! This is not a "family" hotel, so don't bring your kids.... you come to this hotel if you want to have fun, want to party, and want great customer service!! I can't wait to come back to The Catalina! Once again, Thank you to Tyrell, Joe, and Eddie for making our trip so special :)

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Good Afternoon CH1252,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you so much for taking your time to share yours with us, and all of our future guests! We are the perfect place to celebrate your bachelorette party! We are all about having a great time, and we want that for all of our guests! Tyrell the concierge is absolutely amazing, and I will make sure that he is aware of your kind praise! Joe is our driver for the electric shuttle, and will take you where you need to go within the SBG. We hope that you will come back again soon for another great time!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I booked three rooms at the Catalina for a bachelorette party. Fred from the South Beach Group helped me plan the weekend and everything turned out better than I could have hoped. Once we got there, Tyrell introduced himself and helped make sure everything went great- he was truly awesome. It was such a fun hotel to stay at and I would recommend it to anyone for a bachelor/bachelorette party or just for a great place to go on vacation.

• Stayed April 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 14 April 2014
Hello there Msoftness,

There is nothing that we love to read more then lovely 5 star feedback! Thank you for taking your time to share it with us! Fred from our Sales Department is absolutely great! Tyrell our Concierge is also wonderful! I will make sure to inform them about your kind praise! Please come back again soon! We would love to have you!

Reviewed 13 April 2014

I really enjoyed my stay. Came from NYC twice before and this is the hotel I've always stayed at. My first impression was the hotel was decent. Nice staff and easy going atmosphere. Pool was good and I loved the location. But the best part/time I had was the Red Bar. Chloe Collins has to be the most amazing bartender anyone could find; a girl's dream come true. She was sweet, extremely friendly, overly attentive and just hands down awesome. She went above and beyond and gave "customer service" an even better name than it should. She took care of my girl and I to the fullest extent. I'd give this hotel more than 5 stars just for her service alone. Thanks Catalina, you've got some attractive and amazing bartenders! I will be back!

• Stayed April 2014
Good Evening Hilllllll502,

We value all of our guests feedback and we are delighted to read your 5 star one! We are so glad to know that your time spent here with us was a great time! Our staff is always hard at work to make sure that everyone is having a great time! I will definitely make sure to inform the mentioned staff about your praise! We would love to have you stay with us again for another memorable time!

Miami, Florida
Reviewed 12 April 2014

Chloe was wonderful> Very attentive and AWESOME !!!
the bar environment Is very chill && social.
Jean && Jonathan were also a great help!
Made us feel welcomed && at home!
Moses the bar manager was very nice; made good drinks.
Juan was an Amazing help with planning an adventure for me and my sisters.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
Hello Beholder F,

Thank you for your amazing 5 star feedback, regarding your recent stay with us! We are delighted to know that your time spent here at The Catalina Hotel was a great one! Chloe, Jean and Juan are wonderful assets to our team! I will make sure that she is aware of your kind praise! We hope to see you again soon!

London, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 April 2014

Stayed one night at the Catalina Resort as was on a road trip from Orlando, we booked last minute just wanting a hotel near the south beach and this one came up.

First the good points... it's in a very good location for the beach and bars/clubs, reception and the staff we were very friendly and helpful. The hotel is very trendy and generally well looked after. The beds were comfy and the room was clean. Air con unit was basic and did the job. The room wasn't a bad size.

Now the bad points. We seemed to had got a bad room which was next to the Maxine 24 hour bar on the ground floor. We got in quite late (as you do!) and there was still some excessive noise from the bar. Managed to get a decent sleep still though. The doors including the main door need replacing. We had to swipe the card numerous times to get in every time (even after getting the room cards reset by reception). The bathroom door didn't shut properly and showed signs of old age. The bathroom was pretty cosy in size, the shower area was nice but the shower head didn't operate properly... the pressure and temperature seemed fine though which was a bit annoying. The toilet plumbing was somewhat strange when flushed. A couple hours of maintenance would fix most of these points.

Parking is a issue, a general issue with Miami though so thought would comment but most of the smaller hotels have similar issues. All the valet spaces were taken when we arrived so we sourced our own parking arrangements.

Overall if I had a better room I would consider staying at the Catalina again.

Room Tip: Anywhere but on first floor and next to Maxine's bar
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
Good Evening PaulY389,

We appreciate the time you took to share your feedback with us! We are located in the heart of South Beach just blocks away from all the hot spots. We apologize that you experienced some noise from Maxine's. I will make sure to pass on your information to our team so that they are aware of this! We would love to have you stay with us again, and make sure that your stay with us is a memorable one!

Reviewed 11 April 2014

Last week I had the opportunity to vacation and stay at The Catalina Hotel in Miami, from start to finish the experience was amazing. Upon walking into the hotel I was greeted like a valued customer and felt very much at home. Jean Miller helped me through the entire check in process, such as awesome employee to have apart of your team at the Catalina Hotel. Every little detail at this hotel was covered, the people, the service, the food and drinks as well as the atmosphere. Even after deciding to stay an extra night at the hotel Jean Miller went above and beyond to make sure the process was seamless and very easy, he was even able to take care of me over the phone when he wasn't even at work. Awesome Employee, Right?

Room Tip: The Beds are comfortable and the rooms have snacks available :-) Enjoy!!!!
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
Hello there Cody J,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! Thank you for sharing it with us, and all of our future guests! We are delighted to read that your time spent with us was a great one! Jean our front desk agent is absolutely wonderful and all of our guests love him! I will make sure to inform him of your kind praise! We hope that you make us your go-to hotel when visiting South Beach again!