While, I normally never write reviews, I felt compelled to this time. So, my South Beach trip lasted 16 days, 9 of which was spent at the Catalina. My cell ended up getting stolen and I was tracking it with my ipad to get it back. It was difficult because I didn't always have an internet connection. When Jean found out (one of the staff) he let me borrow his personal wifi device and said, "Go Get your phone back." Within 4 hours I had tracked it down to the beach!
As far as the property goes, it was very nice. Modern, contemperary design. Nice appliances and furnishings. The DJ was awesome and the free drinks during happy hour was always fun. Also, they have a concierge service that told me all about the clubs and bars in Miami. He knew about all of them! Location is very good; it's only about a block from Lincoln ave. In summation, you won't find a more helpful staff and a better vibe at a hotel in south beach
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Odigeo, Expedia, Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Priceline, Ebookers, 5viajes2012 S.L., TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida