After reading reviews I was not sure what to expect. I paid a little extra at check in ($50 for 3 days) for an upgrade. My room was clean and well maintained & clean. It's an older hotel which made it quaint. I was right in the heart of everything with the beach just a block away. Shopping and restaurants were right outside my door. There was live music (pleasant) playing at the sushi bar & lounge right outside my window which opens. Staff was courteous and prompt. The rooftop pool and lounge area was cute. I would stay here again.
I had two negative experiences:
When I arrived the valet was rude and hotel staff had to go talk to him.
While the rooftop pool is cute it was dirty. There were beds but every one of the covers looked like they needed to be washed and there were things floating in the water. I did not stay to enjoy the area because of it.
Two more thing to be aware of: parking is a premium. Valet is $35. I parked my vehicle in a garage about 4 blocks away for $16/day and just walked. There are buses and cabs as well.
Hotels in this area charge a "resort fee" of $15/day. This is non-negotiable and above and beyond anything else you have paid.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, LoveHolidays, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida