“Excellent value for money”

Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
Ranked #90 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 4 June 2014

t is located on collins, near the shopping Jefferson, 1 block from ocean drive that is litoranea Avenue. Cheap and easy access to the main avenues of Miami. The cheap price makes for a frequent traveler. Recommend and often lodge in it. Have a nice pool.

Room Tip: without specific tips
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Leonardorocha66
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 6 June 2014

Hello there Leonardorocha66,

We value all of our guests feedback, and thank you for sharing yours with us! We are located right on Collins Ave, and just blocks from all the hottest spots. We offer unbeatable prices with great money saving amenities to go with. Please come back for another great time!

Reviewed 2 June 2014

I stayed at The Catalina Hotel and Beach Club Sunday May 18, 2014 through Tuesday May 20. The room I was given #123 is right next to a courtyard, and the mens restroom for the guests in the lobby. It smelled like man-urine, yuck. But, the hotel was ful, and I could not be moved to a room that didn't smell of urine.

Through my trip, ALL of my belongings were left in my room; My iPad, clothes and shoes. I came back to the hotel, and checked out. I checked my luggage in with the bellman at the front desk, and walked around town for an hour or so. I came back to the hotel to get my bags and go to the airport. I wanted to do some homework, but my iPad Air was no where to be found.

I looked through ALL of my luggage, no iPad. I looked back in my hotel room, where the cleaning lady had come in (leaving behind her cleaning supplies), but she was no where to be found for quite some time, no iPad there either.

I ONLY used my iPad on Catalina Hotel and Beach Club Property. In fact, I did not take it out of my room. After it mysteriously disappeared, I looked through the room and the few covers that were left behind. No iPad.

The Front Desk Supervisor, Juan Azria gave me his contact information, assuring that he would be in touch with me after personally going through the camera footage. He assured me he would follow up with me.

2 weeks later, I still have no response.

I have emailed six times, and called several times since returning home. I have spoken with several people who have not helped me find out where my iPad is now, or what happened to it under the care of the hotel and its staff on hotel property. These same people have not helped me get in touch with Juan either. It has been a mess or running around and playing phone tag. I have had a friend in the area stop by, and she has also tried to get in contact with Juan Arias. Today will be her third attempt to follow up with him face to face on this matter.

The cleaning lady, or the bellman, or whoever stole my iPad is long gone now. And, now I am dealing with failing classes and missed work. My iPad never left the hotel in my possession. And, it is the responsibility of this hotel to keep the belongings in my room and in zipped luggage safe. However they have not returned my phone calls or emails.

Room Tip: Use the safe the staff steals
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank LNB007

Good Afternoon LNB007,

Thank you for the time you took to share your feedback with us! We are extremely sorry that your time spent here was not a 5 star one! I did indeed speak with Juan Arias and he informed me that he did recall speaking with you. He stated that he has not received any emails from you regarding this situation. Perhaps you have the email incorrectly spelled. He checked the camera footage while you were there. He did not see anyone entering or exiting the room at the time you stated you thought it was taken. He then checked with the housekeeper that was servicing your room, and she did not find anything either. Our cleaning staff have been with us for several years. They have turned in things left behind from guests like jewelry, money, electronics, clothes, etc. Were you able to file a police report? That would have been the correct thing to do. If the iPad does come up we will contact you immediately, as Juan mentioned.

Reviewed 2 June 2014

Catalina Hotel was a perfect choice for an economical, fun, and convenient South Beach stay! My best girl friend and I stayed overnight to attend a concert at the VERY nearby Fillmore of Miami Beach. We were a very short walk away from the venue, and would certainly reccommend this property for anyone attending a concert or event there.
When searching for hotels in the area, the $15 resort fee could be a bit off-putting. However, we feel you will be able to get your $15/room value very easily at this hotel. First of all, for an hour, from 7-8pm you can drink single well liquor drinks for free at their lobby bar. Secondly, you can use a free golf cart shuttle to many locations in close proximity to the hotel. Third, you can borrow towels and cabana chairs on south beach for no charge. Adds up to a worthwhile investment!
Only criticisms are:
-Not the best choice for families, it's more of a singles scene.
-They do put a hold on a credit card for incidental charges...even if you have prepaid for the room/resort fee, so expect that.
-A word to the wise regarding parking.....almost impossible to find street parking in this area that is not resident-only. We did however find overnight (24 hour max) parking in the Miami Beach Convention Center garage for $20 max rate. That was $15 less than the $35 parking fee at the hotel. When check-out time came, we just took the free golf cart to the garage with our luggage and we were on our way....defintely reccommend the safe, covered, cheaper garage if you have a car with you on your trip. Not that you really need a car when you're staying at the Catalina....because it's such a fabulous location!
Would stay again in a heartbeat~! These BFFs gave the Catalina two thumbs up in the FUN department!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 3 June 2014

Hello there Rachel L,

We would like to thank you for sharing your feedback with us! We offer unbeatable prices, in the heart of South Beach, with great money saving amenities to par with. We are just blocks away from the Fillmore. I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM! Parking in South Beach has always been a hassle. We offer convenient valet parking for a fee. If you are planning to take your car in and out a lot, it's great deal! We hope that you would stay with us again in the future!

Reviewed 31 May 2014

My first trip to Miami, went with 2 of my closest friends; I booked this trip in very short notice with little knowledge of the area, NERVOUS I wouldn't get the best experience... WRONG ! I had the BEST TIME OF MY LIFE ! Upon arrival, warm welcome from staff & host.. His name was Tyrell! AMAZING service ! Gave us a tour on our way to the room, realizing the space wasn't up to par he quickly offered a look at an upgraded suite that was available -- THE SUITE WAS PERFECT ! Spacing, furnishing, cleanliness, everything was just perfect. He made it easy to settle in & made sure we had everything we needed throughout our stay. I will be returning soon! Thank you for the INCREDIBLE experience ! Xo Felicia, from New York !

• Stayed: March 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Good Afternoon Piffelicia,

There is nothing that we love to read more then lovely 5 star feedback! Thank you for sharing yours with us, and all of our future guests! Our staff are all hard at work to ensure that all of our guests are enjoying their time spent with us! Tyrell is absolutely amazing and all of our guests seem to think so as well. I will make sure that he is aware of your kind praise! Please come back for another memorable time with us!

Reviewed 29 May 2014

I Luv this hotel!!! It's VERY CHIC with a SEXY rooftop pool that's AMAZING!!! @ night and LIVE and Up beat @ the lobby bar. I have been staying here 4 the past 5-6 yrs it's ALWAYS clean the front desk people are very helpful the complementary shuttle and happy hour are GR8!!!! Perks it's also in a GR8 location 4 restaurants, the beach, nightlife and shopping. I would DEFINITELY refer a friend. I ABSOLUTELY ❤️❤️❤️❤️ The Catalina Hotel & Beach Club

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Hello there MzK_Fish,

We would like to thank you for taking your time to provide your honest feedback with us! Thank you for being a loyal returning guest! I see that you were able to take advantage of our rooftop pool. Our team all work hard to make sure that everyone is enjoying their time spent with us! We offer great money saving amenities for all of our guests to enjoy! Please continue to come back! :) We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014

the hotel has a great location, staff is nice and friendly. But corridors and room smelled very bad. Food and drinks at the adjacent bars and restaurants was very good and they were always full of noisy crowd. Swimming pool is quite good, but we preferred walking to the beach. Good hotel for people who do not seek luxury accommodation and want to spend more time exploring Miami surroundings and places of interest.

Room Tip: higher floor less noise
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family

Hello MARIANNE37A,

We are delighted to read your lovely feedback, regarding your recent stay! We are located just blocks from all the action. Our staff are always hard at work to make sure that everyone is enjoying their time spent with us! I will make sure to inform our Housekeeping Department about your feedback regarding the smell that you experienced. We are currently working on changing the carpeting in the hallways. We are taking certain sections at a time to make sure that we don't inconvenience our guests. Please come back soon!

Reviewed 28 May 2014 via mobile

Clean rooms, great roof top pool, slow housekeeping. All in all you get your money's worth, in an area with much higher priced hotels. Staff is accommodating, pleasant, and prompt during check in. Not fir families it is an adult oriented hotel. Would return without question.

Stayed: May 2014
1  Thank Ed07093

Good Day Ed7093,

Thank you for taking your time to respond with your honest feedback! Our staff all work hard to make sure that everyone is having a splendid time with us! I see that you were able to enjoy our rooftop pool. We are located in the heart of South Beach, just blocks from all the action. We offer unbeatable prices, and we include a load of great money saving amenities! Please come back for another memorable time!