“A great experience”

Ranked #84 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
Eleuthera
“A great experience”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 June 2014

I'm rather surprised by all the negative feedback this hotel has attracted; I was sent here by my company for two nights and I have to say my experience was nothing but positive. The courtesy shuttle was late, but only by 15 minutes so really not a big deal, and when i arrived everyone was super friendly. The room wasn't ready as I arrived 5 hours early, and after sitting at the bar with the very friendly staff, a room became available but it was an upgraded room, but they gave ti to me anyway. The room was great, wooden floor, great decal, chandelier and high ceilings. very retro. It was NOT expensive despite the upgrade and apart from one dude with slicked back ginger hair on the front desk who was a total tool (being very creepy and sleazy with a bunch of girls while I waited patiently) i will now always return to this hotel as I visit Miami often.

Room Tip: Don't go the very basic - choose a room in the right hand side building where Maxine's is
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 16 June 2014
Good Day OOS79,

Thank you for sharing your honest and positive feedback with us, regarding your recent stay! We do offer a complimentary R/T airport shuttle. We do the best that we can to get to our destinations on time. Sometimes there is unexpected traffic jams, or accidents. I see that we were able to provide you with an upgrade I am glad that you enjoyed your room and the style of it. We offer unbeatable prices, in a great location, with great money saving amenities to go with. Please come back again! We would love to have you!

Katrine

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (688)
  • Czech first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Mascotte, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Our stay here was great because of the location but also because of the bartender they had. She was awesome! The other bartender during the day was not very friendly. I'm so glad that we had Chloe most of the time that we spent at the bar. She was so friendly and so professional all in one! :-) We really enjoyed her company 2 nights in a row before we checked out. Honestly, Chloe was the only employee there that was so friendly and helpful. The other employees should learn by her example.

• Stayed March 2014
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Good Evening nsmith325,

We are delighted to read your lovely feedback, regarding your recent stay! We are located just around the corner from all the hottest things to do here in South Beach. I will make sure to speak with the bar staff so they are aware of your feedback! Chloe at the Red Bar is absolutely wonderful! She is an expert at mixing some delicious cocktails! We would love to have you stay with us again in the future. Please come back soon!

Christchurch, New Zealand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 June 2014

Good location basic hotel but good service handy to most things to like lincoln mall bars clubs pubs and the beach the staff were good and any request were actioned quickly of o go back there would book again

• Stayed September 2013
Hello OutdoorAdventure_70,

We value all of our guests feedback! We are delighted to know that you had such a great time here at The Catalina Hotel! We are conveniently located in the heart of South Beach. We strive on providing outstanding service, so we are delighted to read that is what you were given! Please come back for another memorable time! We would love to have you!

Washington DC, District of Columbia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

Hey guys,

I usually don't write reviews, but when you have great service as Aron & Chris at the front desk you can't help it! They were very friendly and helpful during my check in earlier today! I appreciate smile when I walk up from a hectic flight.

My room wasn't quite ready at 2:30PM since check in isn't until 3PM. I walked up at 2:55PM to inform them where I was waiting. Aron called up to make sure and then less than a minute later I was off to my nice upgraded room! They offered to take my bag up, but I only had 1 and they looked busy so I took it up myself.

Plenty of towels in the room, which I hate calling down for, especially when I just get here!

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 10 June 2014
Hello there Queenie H,

Thank you for your recent visit to The Catalina Hotel, and for sharing your experience with us. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay, thanks in part to the excellent service you received from Aaron and Chris. They are both indeed rock stars and but two of many who are dedicated to providing an original guest experience in a friendly, attentive and gracious manner. We look forward in hosting your next visit to Miami!

Springfield, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 June 2014

I stayed here for Memorial Weekend this year for the 1st time ever and i most say the front desk staff defined the term "Customer Service Excellence". They attended to my every need during my stay and were extremely helpful in answering questions. The room was very nice i must add (I stayed in room 112). Newly renovated rooms with a beautiful modern style bathroom, and a VERY LARGE HD flat screen TV, along with a very loud radio with an iPod dock so you can party in your room while you get dressed to hit the South Beach strip :) The fridge in the room is fully stocked with juices, alcohol, fancy Voss water lol, and snacks for easy access, and for a small cost that can either be charged to the room or you can just pay out of pocket. The rooftop pool is amazing! its a large area with lots of beach chairs and if your single? your bound to meet someone attractive who is hanging out there as well ;) and lastly I can't forget to add HAPPY HOUR!!! happy hour at this hotel is ELITE!!! Special Mixed drinks are complimentary and the bartender on duty that weekend was named Chole and she did an amazing job! also they have a Live DJ spinning the best in top 40!! it was a great experience and I recommend this hotel to any and everyone! Thanks again Catalina staff!

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Hello there NoirTraveler,

There is nothing that we love to read more then wonderful 5 star feedback! We strive on providing outstanding service, so we are glad that is what you were given! It seems to me like you enjoyed everything that we have to offer here at The Catalina Hotel! I see that you were able to take advantage of the complimentary cocktail hour from 7-8PM. It's a perfect time to mingle around with your temporary neighbors. Please come back again soon!

Rock Island, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

This is one of my favorite places to stay! The concierge is very helpful and very knowledgeable. If you're ever there stop and say hi to Tyrell he's phenomenal! Mr. Eddie Arango is always willing to go above and beyond to help you with your bags and directions :) Jerry is part of the valet team and is so wonderful ... great enthusiasm and a wonderful person! This staff is by far the best I've ever come encounter with! I will be back :)

Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
SBG_GuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Catalina Hotel & Beach Club, responded to this review, 9 June 2014
Good Day Nancy N,

Thank you for the time you took to share your positive feedback! Tyrell is one of our Concierges and he is absolutely amazing! Eddir is always on top of assisting guests with the door, or their luggage. Jerry is also a great asset to our valet team. They all work hard to make sure that everyone is having a splendid time here!

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 6 June 2014

I enjoyed my time here, staff was very friendly, Chrustian and Aaron are really receptive and have great customer service skills. Haley is also someone who is really personable and professional at the bar. Would def come again.

• Stayed June 2014
Good Afternoon Carlitosway2014,

We are delighted to receive your 5 star feedback! Thank you for being a loyal returning guest of The Catalina Hotel! Christian and Aaron are absolutely wonderful! I will make sure that they are aware of your kind praise! We can't wait to have you stay with us again soon!