Catalina Hotel & Beach Club
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Dorset Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
The Redbury South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
Marseilles Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Pool
South Seas Hotel(Miami Beach)
Cadet Hotel(Miami Beach)
  • Restaurant
Hotel18(Miami Beach)
View Hotel
SLS South Beach(Miami Beach)
  • Beachfront
Boutique 18(Miami Beach)
4,940 results
All reviewsrooftop poolhappy hourmaxine buildingkung fusouth beachfree drinkssushi restaurantfree shuttlefree beach chairsbachelorette partylincoln roadocean driveart decodorsetmaxinesbartendermiami
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 9 November 2005

I would rate this as above average for the $. We paid something like $95 a night. Service was quick, always someone to carry your bags, and valet your car. The location was great, the room decent size. I loved the foam bed and rain simulating shower! The floor gets dirty quick due to being white. Mini-fridge was bonus for late night snacks. Good clothes storage. The room was prone to insects, not sure if its a Miami thing, or just this place, but I'm talking 2 or 3 during the stay, nothing different from a cottage on the beach. Breakfast and burgers were a bonus, like a backyard fest. OK to snack on especially since food at restaurants was outrageous. Overall a good stay for the price.

• Stayed: November 2005
Mexico City, Mexico
Reviewed 4 November 2005

I just spent 4 nights at the Catalina for Halloween.
Reading reviews doesn’t tell you much if the reviewer doesn’t specify the kind of hotel he usually uses (someone always using 1 star hotels will not rate a 2 star hotel the same way as someone using 5 stars!). I travel worldwide for work throughout the year usually in 4 or 5 stars hotels. For pleasure I usually try to stay in nice boutique hotels for something different.
This time I didn’t want to spend a lot of money and decided to stay in a hip boutique hotel such as the Catalina hotel. The web page looked pretty good and the reviews were not bad. I was expecting a hip version of something like the Marriott Courtyard, cheap ($140), clean and simple but hip on the top of all.
Check-in was already an experience with a lady full of hamburger smell attending us (she was eating a burger in the back room and between 2 bits she would work a little), not really hip! We received our room but someone was already in it! Back to front desk for another room. Got it but it was really DIRTY. I asked for another room. This time the guy at front desk was very helpful and did show us different rooms. They were pretty much all VERY DIRTY, I almost moved to another hotel but they insisted for me to stay and found us a room that was cleaner than what I have seen. We stayed there, pretty much just to sleep, I have to say not very enjoyable since everything is or looks so dam DIRTY. Once the room is even DIRTIER they paint in white the whole room again, just on the top of the previous DIRT (we saw 2 rooms in that process, pretty funny to look at!)
Personally I wouldn’t pay more that $100 for such an hotel and wouldn’t recommend it if you are over 25 (usually by then your standards in life change!!!)

• Stayed: October 2005
new York
Reviewed 20 October 2005

I came to South Beach for the weekend with some friends hoping to relax and have some fun. Unfortunately, our hotel was a nightmare! When we checked into the hotel, the room was still dirty and the toilet was not working. We asked that the toilet be fixed. It wasn't, in fact we asked two more times and it was never fixed. On top of that, our air conditioning did not work. We woke up the next morning after a horrible night sleep and realized that the room was filled with bugs. We also found out that our friends had checked out in the middle of the night because their room was also filled with bugs. We had to pay for the night of horrific accommidations. When we came back home, we tried to contest the charges, but management would not return our calls. This was by far the worst hotel experience I have ever had. I would have rathered sleep in a youth hostel or on the beach.

Reviewed 17 October 2005

This was the worst hotel that I have ever stayed in. The Catalina Hotel makes hostels in Europe seem like 5 star hotels compared to it. This hotel has terrible customer service and disrespectful management. I went with a group of friends here last month and we had to leave the hotel at 3am because we found ants and a cockroach in our room. The rooms had extremely small bathrooms with broken toilets and a shower without a door or curtain. The pool area was decent, but did not make up for the dirty rooms. Please do not waist a penny by staying here! We left and stayed at a nice boutique hotel on Ocean Ave. and at the Ritz Carlton which were both a million times better than the Catalina Hotel and completely worth the slightly higher rate. It has now been a month since we stayed there, and we are still having problems with the management crediting our account.

1  Thank honeymoon52806
Washington DC
Reviewed 12 October 2005

I loved the energy and ambiance of this hotel. The happy hour on the weekends was great, great crowd, and music. Rooms are a nice size, and beds very comfortable. The location was amazing across the street from the Delano and Shore Club Hotels which have great night life. I will def stay at this hotel again.

3  Thank A TripAdvisor Member