Prepaid = Huge Mistake
Before our arrival we had called a few times to ask about early check-in, queen size bed as opposed to double bed, etc. - staff was always extremely rude and gave different answers each time.
My boyfriend and I arrived as one man in the lobby was complaining about his bag being lost while he waited for his room to be available for check-in. Yet another bad sign!
The rooms are not as described on the website. They are run-down, disgusting, dirty, rooms. The bathrooms especially are unlivable. The shower had no pressure, and no door!
The staff is incredibly rude, and we spoke with two managers until getting one that would finally help us and did not ignore us due to the fact that they already had our money.
Finally we got upgraded to the Dorset (their business class building next door) which was a little better. The room still wasn't ready when they said it would be. The safe was broken.
Do not expect any amenities in your bathroom - nothing more than shampoo and soap.
Our phones did not work so I couldn't even call when there were no hangers in the room. Had to call from my cell phone to request early check-out to which I was told they would call me at 8am to tell me if that was even possible, in addition to the fee they charged!!!! And they never called. Ridiculous.
Pounding music starting at 5pm every night that you could hear.
Absolutely stay away. Only good about this hotel is the location! Don't plan on going to Miami over Christmas/New Years time unless you're willing to pay 500+ for a decent hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travel Republic (UK), LoveHolidays, Southall Travel, Agoda, Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, HotelsClick, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida