We are just now about to check out and the room is 2 full size memory foam with nice white comforters and very nice pillows. The head board is over the top white leather great for proping up. Over stock mini bar with munchies. No dressor but small closet with shelves and safe. Full cable tv though not flat screen embedded in the wall. The hotel is really three hotel we stayed in the Maxim part that has a nice club-bar with over the top furniture. The seem to host a lot of events which gives it a good vibe. The pook area in the Maxim is very nice and secluded. The roof top pool is great for couples though it should be open later to enjoy the night.
When we arrived they let us look at two different rooms and choose. The Maxim has a very happening restraunt with big compfy leather chairs.
The cons are
Poorly made espresso drinks. ( I watched them make it and I can be a snob on that)
Bathroom was small and could use some attention to the nice old tile.
This was our first time in South Beach. and did a lot of research on the hotels and bought this one through a blind purchase and guessing we were getting this speciic hotel. All of the hotels we reviewed were within five block and built back in the Art Deco period so they are more limited in space.
We also parked for free one block over on the street
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Southall Travel, LoveHolidays, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Hotels.com, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, 5viajes2012 S.L., HotelQuickly, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida