We stayed at the Catalina mid week in May. We are in our 40's and did not know what to expect because the reviews are all over the map. So hopefully, this can be of some help.
We are a pretty fun group - but not 20 years old. We LOVED the Catalina. Its is incredibly hip. I think that all the comments about too much noise would be valid if we had been there at a busy time, but we weren't, so no trouble there. It is a great place to be mid week/off season if you like to have fun, but don't want to be up all night. The place was laid back, yet at the same time had a party atmosphere. We didn't see any untoward behavior and felt perfectly safe there. I think people's experiences at the hotel are based a lot on the occupancy rate and the guests. So it could go from the great experience we had to the dreadful experiences of others.
Drinks were plentiful at happy hour and the pizza at the Maxine is fantastic.
The rooms are small, but very clean. The quality of the towels, bedding, and toiletries are comparable to a 5 star hotel.
Our front desk experiences ranged from excellent to frustrating depending on who was working. frustrating meaning that they couldn't find information that was very obviously available and excellent in that the staff were so helpful and nice.
Would we go again....definitely! But NOT on a holiday weekend.
So folks, plan accordingly!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Catalina Hotel + Beach Club is all of this and more. With a decidedly European jet-set vibe and a splashy beach club where you can get poolside manicures and pedicures, the Catalina Hotel + Beach Club also offers two restaurants, two pools, four bars, a media library, a rooftop terrace, a Japanese Koi fish pond and a Zen garden. In addition, the hotel boasts a dedicated library, which can serve as a meeting space for small groups. IMPORTANT -- Credit card used for booking must be the same credit card presented for payment at check-in. The name on the credit card must match the name on the reservation and the card holder must be present along with a government-issued photo ID. Holiday and Special Events require a non-refundable prepayment 30 days prior to arrival. No early departures are allowed. Reservations are completely non-refundable within 30 days of arrival. Events include but are not limited to: New Years (12/26 to 1/3), Boat Show (2/12 to 2/16), Winter Music Conference & Ultra (3/15 to 3/31), Memorial Day (5/21 to 5/25) & Art Basel (12/3 to 12/9). A mandatory daily resort fee of $20.00 plus tax ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, LoveHolidays, Expedia, Agoda, Travel Republic (UK), Southall Travel, Hotels.com, 5viajes2012 S.L., getaroom.com, Evoline ltd, Ebookers and HotelQuickly so you can book your Catalina Hotel & Beach Club reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Catalina Hotel And Beach Club
- Catalina Hotel Miami
- Catalina Hotel & Beach Club Miami Beach, Florida