“Terrible service!” 1 of 5 bubbles

Clevelander South Beach Hotel
Ranked #45 of 206 Hotels in Miami Beach
“Terrible service!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 May 2014

Rested at the Dolores hotel on Collins and walked here for the party. The music was great, but let me tell you about this bartender name Aleksandra at the main bar on May 22, 2014, I ordered 2 cranberry with vodka and two shots of patron. She told me it would be $72.00, this was said with an attitude. I gave her $40.00 cash and my credit card for the balance. A few minutes later, she gave me $3.75 with my credit card and a receipt that only shows I paid $35.75. I ask her how comes my receipt doesn't show $72.00?
She refused to answer me and went to the next customer. I told my boyfriend i was going to speak to the manager because i think she stole the money. He didnt want to argue because we went to have a good time, so we went to the next bar where this Asian bartender was very pleasant and helpful. She made us feel welcome and even made recommendation. I was very disappointed by the first experience at the main bar . To make it worse gratuity is mandatory. Aleksandra with her more than poor service charge me $10.00 over all. The Asian bartender charges me $4.00. Me and my boyfriend were planning on staying there the next time that we visit south beach, but after that experience I don't think so.

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank erica2233025

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (222)
New York City, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 May 2014

This hotel is located on the heart of Ocean Drive. It's literally by all the action and the places you want to visit like: the beach, Wet Willie's, Mango's, Fat Tuesdays, etc. It also has a very popular bar next to the hotel that is always live and has a pool. It's was at a good price let alone on a good location which is the reason I booked here. As soon as I arrived I and my friends were greeted with complimentary coffee and frozen pina coladas. The hotel was clean as well as the room. The is an out door lounge area you can hang out that offers a view right above the popular bar. Then there is a roof top that offers a view of the whole strip including the beach. It's an excellent tanning destination. The only problem is the pool, which is fairly small is located at the bar which doesn't seem to sanitary. There is another hotel around the block that allows Clevelander guests to use their pool.

At night it was not so hard to sleep since my room did not face the bar although I could slightly hear the music. I can imagine it would be hard to sleep for others though. What really bothered me and which is why I'm giving the property 3 stars instead of 4 is because of the extra high security. Whenever I wanted to go back into the hotel not only did I have to show a room card but also my ID which I found totally annoying. I wanted just to enter my room not the bar. So before booking here I'm assuming it's for 21 and over.

• Stayed March 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Jojo H
Brooklyn, New York
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 May 2014

This hotel was dope! We went for our 1 year anniversary and was treated like princesses. They greater us with welcome drinks and upgraded our room to an ocean view. The party is nonstop, however, the party does not interrupt your sleep or peace in your room. Lastly, our last night there we wanted some wings. So the guy at the front desk calls a restaurant and orders us our wings and fries at like 1am!!! AMAAAZZZIIINNNGGGGGGG!
Enough Said! I recommend this hotel

• Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Toiboi511
St. John's, Canada
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 16 May 2014

Amazing hotel for partying during WMC and Ultra. Don't stay here if you want a quiet realizing hotel. Music from 11am to 5am make for a great party atmosphere. Rooms are small but so are most on south beach unless you pay a fortune for them. They give you earplugs at check in for a reason. Also a drink at check in is nice.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jeff C
Lindenwold, New Jersey
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2014

I never stayed at this hotel but in the future, I plan too. The outside is beautiful I can only imagine what the inside looks like. I had drinks here for happy hour and they are amazing. The service was great.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Indialantic, Florida
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 April 2014

Literally, right in the heart of it all. With that comes all the noise and partying, but that is why a lot of people go to South Beach. If you want a quiet hotel, do not stay here! With that said, this is a great place! The rooms are very minimalist, but that is the style in SoBe. You'll definitely want an Ocean View room because the non-ocean view rooms are kind of dreary.

Room Tip: Ocean view is the ONLY way to go!!!