“Great hotel”

Ranked #41 of 208 Hotels in Miami Beach
McDonough, Georgia
“Great hotel”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

We had a great time here. The employees were helpful and friendly. The manager went out of his way to make my wife and I feel welcome. There is a bar area around the pool and seats along the sidewalk. This is not a hotel I would bring kids to. The room was clean and up to date. This is the 3rd time we stayed here and will stay here again. It is loud here due to everyone partying. They supplied ear plugs for guests that need them. We got in late every night and had no problem. They now own the Essex hotel so if you like it quiet try there you will still be close to the fun at the Clevlander. The Clevlander is walking distance from just about everything in South Beach.We had an ocean view room on the 4th floor If you are lower you might not be able to see the water with the park across the street blocking it. They will still be great rooms.

Room Tip: The rooms in the front are quieter with ocean view or street view. Sun rises on the front rooms.Room...
1 Thank RodDaly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (233)
New York City, New York
Reviewed 29 June 2014

Right away taken care of by Valet then the bell man very high energy and happy to help us, he then introduced us to Kara at Check in she went over everything got us all set for our stay. Everyone really made an extra effort to make sure we were taken care of. I never had customer service like this from anywhere I had stayed. Erick was also very attentive at check out. Everything was superb. I was pleased that this hotel was clean I had my fair share of bad experiences. This was a Great one. Thank you !

Greenwell Springs, Louisiana
Reviewed 28 June 2014

I am way beyond 20 years old so that is the only reason I gave this hotel a 1 star. If you are 20 yrs old and want a constant party....this is your place !!!! It was very crowded the whole weekend and very loud. It's a walk to the beach too...

2 Thank Getgogonr
Indian Trail, North Carolina
Reviewed 24 June 2014

This was my third time staying at the Clevelander and the service was as good as ever. The rooms are always clean. The staff is prompt and so attentive that you literally can't get out of your car before someone is "at your service". Thumbs up to the valet parking because they will have your car at the front of the hotel in 5 minutes if you need it to go somewhere. They really live up to their new staff t-shirt slogan "On It". An example of their fine service is when Kevin was checking me into my $220 a nite poolside room it wasn't ready, so for the inconvenience and at no additional cost he upgraded me to their top of the line rockstar suite that runs about $500 a nite. I was also handed one of their miami vice drinks as soon as i walked to the desk to check in and a pina colada as I got on the elevator to go up to my room both free. Now this is a party hotel, the best on south beach, and the music is played loudly until around 5am. They don't lie when the say the Clevelander is the center of South Beach, SO THIS HOTEL IS FOR PARTY GOERS ONLY!!! Absolutely love this hotel and my wife and myself would never even consider staying at another hotel on south beach.

Room Tip: Choose a pool side room, so you can see all the action that's going on in the pool/party area.
4 Thank CoreyMac23
Charleston, South Carolina
Reviewed 16 June 2014

On first arriving we were allowed to get in our room WAY early! The gentleman that made it happen was actually covering a shift and was still happy to be at work! I wish I knew his name! From that point on everything we could want, within there means, was provided. The room was perfect for my needs, which was strictly a nap a few times a weekend. The room was cold and the water stayed hot and everything was clean, i am VERY particular. the staff that works in this area were on point! There's was a slight drip on our a/c, which worked perfect, so we were upgraded to the Rock Star Suite at no costs. I recommend this room choice for all because you have an overview of the party area and a little more space. There was a nice sitting area in the room also that accommodated friends. The security from V Diddy and Welly made me feel safe at all moments? These gentleman would escort you down the steps and send you on the way and guide you in the right direction. Julie and Kevin at the desk also were eager to please and make you feel important. They treated each guest this way that I saw interaction with. Patient and assisting in all ways. Lee and Sharlene were my favorite at the bar! They will hold your card so you can have free hands. And NO ONE will be allowed to touch it or order from it. They made me feel special when leaving in the mornings saying "Have fun Miss Gamble" it's the little things ;) thanks Kevin! The area is perfectly located 100yrds from the beach. And it sits right on the corner of 10th which all avenues from 1-15 are the best areas to roam in. Collins and Washington run parallel with Ocean putting you basically in the front center of it all. Upon leaving Collin assisted me and made me laugh even when i wanted to cry, i didnt wanna leave. The owner, manager, and staff will be around for a much longer time. I will never stay another place in Miami Beach again! I miss them already!
A special thanks goes out to Lee, V Diddy, Kevin, Julie, Welly, Sharlene, and the gentleman with the nice goatee/mustache! Hope to see y'all soon!

San Jose, California
Reviewed 14 June 2014

I had very little time in my stopover in Miami Beach, and the staff at The Clevelander Hotel definitely made it a great one. Manager Christian took care of my check in, and made sure to give me a great room being that I'm only spending one night there! They do give you a welcome drink, and he made sure I got a virgin pinacolada because I'm unfortunately allergic to alcohol. (It was still yummy and refreshing, btw.) Room had a great view, and the bathroom was very nice. I loved their bath products too, whatever they were! The hotel is right across the street from the beach--I arrived at 5:30ish, checked in, and was in the water within 15 minutes of arrival. I also had no idea that this hotel was the hottest spot on the strip at 3am, but I slept well anyway! Check out was a breeze, and they let you keep your bags there until you're ready to leave Miami Beach. Front desk staff was helpful and friendly. Only two things to note: Housekeeping could be better, found some dirt under my bathroom sink, but nothing revolting. Hallways could use some Febreze, too. All in all, a great stay for the lone traveler!

Room Tip: Look for Christian at check in
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled solo
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed 11 June 2014

I just returned from my birthday celebration in Miami and I must say I TRULY had a blast and the Clevelander Hotel was majority of the reason why. This place is outstanding! During checkin, you are greeted with a tasty pina colada to cool down and take the edge off. The service is GREAT. Their staff is superb, friendly and attentive. They are there to satisfy your every need. The atmosphere is out of this world.....PARTY CENTRAL! This is definitely the place to stay if you are there to party and enjoy yourself and take a load off. Thanks Clevelander.

Room Tip: Rooms on the south side are quiete