“Worst Hotel Stay Ever!!!”

Clevelander South Beach Hotel
Ranked #51 of 212 Hotels in Miami Beach
Reviewed 21 August 2009

Came here for a few days with grown children!!! Worst hotel stay ever - Front desk staff courteous; however, the night managers were rude and arrogant. I would never recommend this hotel to friends or family for fear that they might get treated as badly as we did! The managers need to take a few lessons in "customer service" as they are totally lacking in those skills! Don't waste your time here...there are far too many nicer hotels to stay at!!!

• Stayed: August 2009
1  Thank edenl
Write a ReviewReviews (1,359)

Reviewed 20 August 2009

The hotel is well situated, clean and parties 'til dawn! The beach is steps away and the restaurants are all nearby. Huge thanks to the staff, they were genuinely interested in our having a good time in SoBe.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 19 August 2009

went for a friend's bachelorette party- stayed at the hotel and partied there day and night! perfect location, staff was friendly and very accomodating, rooms/beds comfy and clean (but tiny, like everywhere on ocean), overall great experience! would not recommend for a weekend with your boyfriend, but definitely with friends who are looking for the miami nightlife experience! only one small complaint--- the pool not many people really swam-- it was more just there for the bar scene. upstairs there were "water features" which kept you nice and cool with cushioned beds, etc, so that made up for the lack of a standard pool.

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 12 August 2009

Good and clean place to stay near the beach. Clevelander is a great place to stay if you want to have a great location and if you are not afraid of loud music. I really liked the place and friendly staff.

Br,
Juha

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 10 August 2009

A plug for this hotel ... today my husband and i had a 7 hour layover in Miami, after an overnight flight from Santiago, Chile. We had just gone from a week of winter, in Portillo, Chile, and in the Argentinian Andes, and now had a few hours in super-tropical Miami.

We chose to get a taxi over to South Beach so we could stroll and have breakfast at the News Cafe. However, after a short stroll on the beach in the increasing heat, we decided to head up into the shade again and back onto Ocean Drive, whereupon we lost each other.

Since my iPhone had no charge (due to poor planning on my part), i decided to go into the Clevelander Hotel, and ask them if i could use their phone. So i slithered up to their counter, dripping with sweat (wet hair, face, chest, and sandy feet too!), and i briefly explained i had lost my husband and my phone was dead, and could i use theirs.

Not only did Fernando allow me the use of the desk phone, but he also took my iPhone from me with it's charger and plugged it in behind the desk ... all while attending to a "real" customer at the same time. Once i had established contact with my husband and told him where i was, Fernando suggested i take a seat. I took a step away from the desk but then turned and asked him if it would be too much trouble to call a taxi for us to go back to the airport ... which he willingly did.

As if the kindness of this gentleman was enough already, i had been sitting down for only a minute, when i noticed him leave the desk and go to a back room ... and when he returned, he came straight over to me and handed me a glass of iced water ... i could have just fallen down and kissed his feet at this stage ... his kindness was so much appreciated!

If his courtesy towards me, a non-customer, is a policy of this hotel, then i'm staying there the next time! And if it's only Fernando, then everyone else, take note. This is how all front desk staff in every hotel should be.

Thankyou Fernando, and if i've remembered your name wrong, then please forgive me ... and also, i'm sorry i didn't say goodbye when the taxi came!

• Stayed: August 2009, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 30 July 2009

The hotel was great from check in to check out! Upon check in you are greeted by Mykel or one of the other friendly staff members and quickly supplied with some rum runners (delicious). I stayed in a classic room, it was facing another hotel so there was not much of a view but this made it very quiet. The room was clean, the beds and pillows were super comfortable, the location was perfect and the restaurant has some tasty options. The only bad thing is that the classic room was a bit smaller then we would have liked but it served its purpose. Max the bell hop was also a stand out staffer who was really helpful. The C Level is a must!

• Stayed: July 2009, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 July 2009

If you have to celebrate a special occasion, please do it at The Clevelander. I was greeted with smiles when I first walked in. They upgraded my room to an ocean view just because I was there for a bachlorette party. I got free drinks and information to restaurants , clubs, and a boat tour which i went the next day. Ask for the boat tour if you haven't really went site seeing. They pick you up on a bus tour first...showing you the entire city and drop you off at an outlet before you board the boat. It was amazing. I had an incredible time. If you love the beach you walk a few steps and there it is.

I was hanging out by the Clevelander pool/bar every night. There is always a Dj and sat night had a band playing until 10pm. The tvs were put up too just to watch the ufc fight. Sometimes if me and the girls needed to relax we would go to the rooftop to hang out. They have beds, lounge chairs, and beautiful people. The most gorgeous view.

I loved all the employees. I had two favorites there that I will never forget. My favorite waitress Gracie hooked me up with a lap dance and she even offerend to buy me some drinks. love you girl!!! I even met the owner of the clevelander bar. He gave me and my girls a free meal and drinks just because we got the party started. At the time there was a fashion show going on too. I met a lot of hot guys. Although most of them had a thick accent and I could barely make out what they were saying...they were hot and that was all that mattered. hahaha. All were friendly and gentlemen. I enjoyed my stay so much that I did not make my flight back home and booked another night!!!!!!

I will be back....<3 julie new orleans