“I wouldn't stay at this hotel again for free”

Lexington Hotel - Miami Beach
Ranked #180 of 207 Hotels in Miami Beach
drumheller, alberta
“I wouldn't stay at this hotel again for free”
Reviewed 28 April 2009

I paid for an oceanside suite but instead got a tiny room with a view of the air conditioners. Manager refused to even talk to me about it. Brown water came out of the taps. This was the worst hotel I've ever stayed at.

Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ahearn

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (120)
Ontario
Reviewed 10 March 2009

My wife and I just returned back to Toronto. We stay at this Days Inn each year for 2-3 weeks. This year we stayed four days, took a one week cruise and then stayed four more days. The closet in our room was almost as big as our entire stateroom, the rooms are gigantic, coffee makers, convenient to everything in Miami Beach, especially the I-195 causeway, lots of available street parking, and right on the boardwalk. The oceanfront pool is beautiful with a snack bar and large patio.
We have stayed in fancy hotels, big convention complexes and snooty resorts. The accommodations may be economical but the staff is priceless, and this is why we return every year.

• Stayed March 2009, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Torunto
Lake Como, NJ
Reviewed 26 February 2009

My husband and I visited Miami Beach for his birthday. The hotel , Days Inn Ocenside, was as "old as the hills", and no amount of cosmetic surgery could revive it. While the location was ideal and the staff attempted to be helpful, the place was just too old. It was one of the few hotels where you could take a bath and a shower at the same time as the water nerver drained from the tub. The price was okay, but did not make up for the overall disappointments. Would not recommend this hotel.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled as a couple

Travellers are raving about these Miami Beach hotels

portland,or
Reviewed 6 February 2009

Hotel is rundown. Room smelled, was ugly and there is no room internet access. Lack of outlets for technology. Internet access is very week in lobby. Worst problem is the lack of soundproofing. I had to sleep with earplugs and my music playing to drown out the noise. Hotel caters to orthodox jews and overseas tourists so the rooms can have many guests. The rooms adjoining ours turned over often and each group was very loud.
We wanted to leave after the second night but they wouldn't let us.
They also play games with the ocean views. We had oceanside ($10 more) which we thought was ocean view but had to pay an additional $10 for oceanview.
Parking is a pain. I started in the garage across the street but that was very expensive, $20 for 16 hours but they had no in and out privileges, so I kept having to pay a ridiculous amount. You think the hotel might have worked out a deal with them.
I only would stay here if I got a killer price on priceline/hotwire for around $50 a night. Not the $169 a night that we ended up paying.
The only positive attributes were the ocean view and the Chinese restaurant which was excellent. Especially helpful for kosher restrictions.

• Stayed February 2009, travelled with family
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed 29 December 2008

Just needed a room to stay the night before travelling to Key West. Had an oceanfront room w/ a balcony. Room was basic, only complaints was there were ants all over in room and the windows and door howled all night from the wind. Told front desk this upon checkout and discounted the room. View was great and the breakfast restaurant was okay. $40.00 for 4 people on the buffet. Waitress looked overworked, but was nice. Overall okay hotel to rest a night or two but would not recommend for a family vacation.

• Liked — Beautiful View, Out of the hustle and bustle of South Beach
  • Disliked — Ants in room, needs some updating
  • Stayed October 2008, travelled with family
Tallahassee
Reviewed 4 November 2008

The hotel is horrible. I have stayed there twice since I road warrior working all over the state I didn't want to travel on the rain so I stayed in this hotel hoping to rest . It seems the manager doesn't care about fixing anything in that hotel. The front desk always apologizing, Is not front desk fault but the management in general not caring about the facility. They just refurbish everything that looks old and pain everything to cover what looks mildwish and old. I stayed 2 nights and it was a rainy week. I was changed twice because the water kept on coming in the room. Water all over the bed, carpet and my suitcase soaking wet. They gave me a discount but I will never again stay in that horrible hotel. They better fix that roof. before they get sued.

• Stayed September 2008, travelled on business
    • Check-in / front desk
    • Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank sygney13
Edinburgh
Reviewed 21 September 2008

Three nights cost $300.00. We had two beds, a large room with a big curved window, bathroom and dressing room. The hotel staff are very helpful - I was allowed into the room at 8 am when check-in time is 4 pm. That made a big difference to me as I had travelled for a very long time to get there.

The hotel has a lovely pool and the beach is just behind the pool - it really is Oceanside, as it says on the tin. This is not a luxury class hotel but had enough luxury to last me a long time.

• Liked — The helpful and cheerful staff
  • Disliked — Bathroom could do with new decor
  • Stayed September 2008, travelled solo